Thread: Jazz vs. Grizz!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Jazz vs. Grizz!

Spurs fan here. I keep on reading Jazz fans compare their team to the Grizz who beat the Spurs last year, many people don't realize just how they beat the Spurs though. The reason the Spurs lost was because:

1. Randolph was playing out of his mind, knocking down all his jumpers, making extremely difficult shots etc. he abused the Spurs' front line and abused OKC's as well who probably has the best defensive front line in the NBA.

2. They out rebounded the Spurs and posted up the Spurs ALL series long, this was a HUGE weakness for the Spurs. They had a 6'2 SG in Hill, 6'4 Neal, and RJ who is soft as hell getting posted up on by guys like Battier, Allen, Vasquez, and others constantly posting our guys up and scoring at will. They also rebounded over our guys at will, it looked like adults playing monkey in the middle with a bunch of kids (the Spurs).

3. The big 3 were burned out and Manu wasn't 100%. Manu played well but he could've played MUCH better, he broke his elbow right before the playoffs. Manu and TD actually carried the Spurs last year, Parker was struggling with injuries all year dealing with Plantar fasciitis as well as a calf bruise which kept him out for a while. Parker continued his very mediocre play in the playoffs, and Duncan was a shell of his former self. Dice was also burned out as he was relied on heavily.

4. Pop started Blair. Blair got DESTROYED by Z-Bo and everybody else he tried to guard, the Spurs were down 2-1 until he benched him and unleashed Splitter. The Spurs then made a push to 7 games.
    Splitter made a really big impact replacing Blair. Since the first LA game Pop has sat Blair against the Lakers after Bynum went for 30 boards over him. He finally inserted Diaw into the starting lineup instead of Blair and gave Splitter his mins as well. Blair is literally the worst defender in the NBA, players put up ridiculous stats, there is a stat that showed when Blair is guarding an opponent their efficiency is on par with that of a superstar in the NBA.

The Spurs' rotation this year is actually a lot different than last year's.

They got rid of RJ and Hill and added 4 new guys. Leonard who is 6'7 230, Green who is 6'6 210, and Jackson 6'8 230, ALL very good wing defenders, if these guys were playing against Memphis they wouldn't be able to post these guys up nor would they be able to rebound on them at will. Insert those guys into last year's series minus RJ and the Spurs win it in 5. Diaw is also a massive upgrade over Blair at PF, his passing and D has made a big difference. Since adding him and Jackson the Spurs went from scoring 104 PPG to a whopping 114 PPG and in the past 10 games they have the 4th best defense.

The Grizz also weren't your typical 8th seed. This team got WAY better once they acquired Battier, he turned the Grizz into a defensive juggernaut, and Z-Bo also played extremely well. If they had played like that all season they would've won around 60 games.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Huh? Ty

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah, but......Have you heard about our big lineup? With them, we don't even really need our guards. We could win 3 against 5.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The best part about this series is either a) the Jazz upset the Spurs, or b) the Jazz take the Spurs to 7-games and the Spurs lose in the next round because they're old.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Blah blah blah. Jazz are still going to win.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Aztec View Post
    Spurs fan here. I keep on reading Jazz fans compare their team to the Grizz who beat the Spurs last year, many people don't realize just how they beat the Spurs though. The reason the Spurs lost was because:
    That's not a bad post, but I still want the Jazz to destroy them. If it doesn't happen, then there is only one reason for my interest in the post season: to hope and pray that the Heat lose. So if by chance the Jazz go down in seven, I want the Spurs to humiliate the Heat and have Jackson do to Wade what Wade did to Rondo last year--send his arm away from its socket.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think the Jazz owe the Spurs a consulting fee for pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of this team. Honestly, if we were playing the Nuggets or Clippers in this round, we'd probably win or come close to winning, and we wouldn't get a clear picture of how this team needs to improve.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    I think the Jazz owe the Spurs a consulting fee for pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of this team. Honestly, if we were playing the Nuggets or Clippers in this round, we'd probably win or come close to winning, and we wouldn't get a clear picture of how this team needs to improve.
    This!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Man people are being harsh/grumpy, it was a good perspective in a respective manner and while we all root and want the Jazz to win I think we understand it will be very very difficult to.

With all that said, GTFO until you acknowledge the Jazz will win, thnx.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Spurs are the perfect matchup for our team to see. We need to be playing the way the Spurs play. This is incredibly invaluable experience. It would be nice to get a win or two. I would consider that a very successful season.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by phippsj View Post
    The Spurs are the perfect matchup for our team to see. We need to be playing the way the Spurs play. This is incredibly invaluable experience. It would be nice to get a win or two. I would consider that a very successful season.
    Yep Jazz (S&M days) used to execute but this team has never consistently done so or execute as hard so hopefully it will be a good learning experience to actually see a team do it first hand instead of being told or seeing it on tape.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    At least the Jazz didn't lose a 20+ point lead in the 4th quarter. I honestly feel better about our double digit loss to SA than I would losing by 3 in that way to the Clippers @ home.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    At least the Jazz didn't lose a 20+ point lead in the 4th quarter. I honestly feel better about our double digit loss to SA than I would losing by 3 in that way to the Clippers @ home.
    Or have LBJ out score the entire Knicks starting line up, while getting blown out by the Heat.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    I am glad this is coming at the hands of the Spurs. I hate a bunch of the other western teams in the playoffs (LAL, Den, dislike Dallas...). KOC and Corbin better be taking notes.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy