Thread: Free Throws

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Free Throws

One huge positive I haven't really seen anyone talk about is how we got to the FT line in game 1. We got 30 trips (2 more than SA) against a good defensive team on their court. We need guys like Sap and Favors to convert more, but we got there. When we get on our homecourt, that number should only go up with the way our team picks up intensity tenfold at home, right?

We will most likely get crushed at the 3pt line every game, but if we can get to the FT line and convert, we have a chance, especially at home.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    One huge positive I haven't really seen anyone talk about is how we got to the FT line in game 1. We got 30 trips (2 more than SA) against a good defensive team on their court. We need guys like Sap and Favors to convert more, but we got there. When we get on our homecourt, that number should only go up with the way our team picks up intensity tenfold at home, right?

We will most likely get crushed at the 3pt line every game, but if we can get to the FT line and convert, we have a chance, especially at home.
    I agree that it was great but I am going to say it should have been better. Of all the players on the Jazz the ball seems to be in the hands of Jefferson and Harris the most. They shot a combined 0-1 yesterday.

Not. Good. Enough.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I agree that it was great but I am going to say it should have been better. Of all the players on the Jazz the ball seems to be in the hands of Jefferson and Harris the most. They shot a combined 0-1 yesterday.

Not. Good. Enough.
    Yeah, hopefully Harris pushes the ball more at home. Not sure if it is him, or the gameplan, but I don't think playing a slow game is in our advantage.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah, hopefully Harris pushes the ball more at home. Not sure if it is him, or the gameplan, but I don't think playing a slow game is in our advantage.
    I agree.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Good point. It was nice to see Gordon 12-12 from the line. Other than the free throws, it was a disgusting game. I don't know how much longer I can sit there and watch Parker continually burn Harris or Al playing that olay defense ********.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg3r View Post
    Good point. It was nice to see Gordon 12-12 from the line. Other than the free throws, it was a disgusting game. I don't know how much longer I can sit there and watch Parker continually burn Harris or Al playing that olay defense ********.
    Watching the defense I saw that nearly every big man on the pick and roll defense against Parker just stuck their hand out as he blew by. Get out in front of him and force him off course.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Watching the defense I saw that nearly every big man on the pick and roll defense against Parker just stuck their hand out as he blew by. Get out in front of him and force him off course.
    Harpring had it right as well. There is no reason guys shouldn't be committing good hard fouls on Parker when they are going to foul him on a layup. That doesn't mean hurt him, just let him no you are there and have him think twice before trying something similar. Way too many weak fouls.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No thanks to Little Big Al.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by trigg3r View Post
    We played pretty much the exact same thing on Nash and it worked. The difference is Parker has a godlike floater and isn't afraid to use it. Nash seemed hesitant to shoot that shot against Utah, Parker isn't. The bigs have to show quicker and make him make a difficult pass. I think that will be our main adjustment.