Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    would you guys just recommend getting raw Whey protein, blending it with a banana or something, and just drinking it?
    That's what I do. There is so much you can add that paying extra for the powder that already contains fat and carbs is silly. Not to mention you are stuck with that same flavor until you buy a new bag. With a bag of vanilla or unflavored flavored protein powder you can add whatever you want and change it up from shake to shake. I've added yogurt, peanut butter, any number of fruits, I've mixed it with sugar free lemonade before which tastes like lemon meringue pie, coconut oil, flax oil (this is nasty but very good for you), milk, etc. This way you can control specifically the ratio of cabs to fat to protein adjusted to your specific needs.

I get my protein from here

http://proteinfactory.com/shop/home.php

You can order any number of different proteins as well as they will blend different types together for you to meet your specific needs.

Alright everyone, I have some input that might need to be verified by the lot of you.

I talked with a friend of mine who is doing sport science at school right now, nd I talked to him about some of the protein supplements that you guys have mentioned.

Heres what he pointed out:

- I never really realized how quickly people go through protein powder. A 5lbs only lasts about a week apparently?
    - ON Gold Standard is apparently a very very lean protein powder. He said that if I am planning on achieving weight gain, I should be looking at something that has more fat, more carbs, and will help me achieve my daily caloric intake more easily (keep in mind, I am a pretty fussy eater, and I regularly fail i hitting 2500 calories a day)
    - He gets his stuff at GNC (he has their gold card or whatever) and he said that their in-house Mass IV protein product is pretty good for a kid in my circumstances. High carb, lower sugar, high protein, higher fat. He said that if I could afford it, he would heartily recommend this supplement http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...#productTabset because the protein, fat and carb sources are apparently seriously healthy. Any input on this?

So, seeing as this can get obviously very expensive (PS: I've called at WalMart, and they didn't have a lot of the aforementioned brands, except the one that Duck Rodgers mentioned) would you guys just recommend getting raw Whey protein, blending it with a banana or something, and just drinking it?
    Go to bodybuilders.com they have tons of options and are very cheap.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/protein.htm
    I would avoid the weight gainer protein shakes because they are usually tons of sugar and junk in them but you can do some research there and find some good stuff.
    You will get your answers here and can research and search for what you need. Anyone who shops at GNC likes throwing money away.

http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1372802642

Banned
    I've bought the big things of protein supplements and they last waaaaaaaaaaay longer than a week. If you take a scoop a day, that thing could probably last you around two months, give or take. Not bad for $45 or so. About a dollar a day. Probably less I would guess. Unless you use two scoops a day.
    Last edited by Gyp Rosetti; 05-03-2012 at 03:23 PM.

I think I'm going to only view the GD part of the forum for the next day, too crushed to even look at the ****storm that is probably the Jazz board.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I think I'm going to only view the GD part of the forum for the next day, too crushed to even look at the ****storm that is probably the Jazz board.
    We think alike my friend.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1403&dateline=1390407143

Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I like what the thunder are doing. If the Jazz blow monkey chunks tomorrow and draft Hayward with the #9 I won't be too disappointed since I can easily shift my loyalties to a franchise that cares about winning the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hantlers View Post
    We think alike my friend.

Get a room, you two.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Good lord i dont know if its ds ambien or you are a demon spawned from chris angel

*confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Well, to update:

-Had my first workout in 13 months today. I can't lift nearly as much weight as I used to, sadly enough. Regardless, I just adjusted the weight typically after my first set, and did two more sets of ten reps (with 1 minute breaks) of the new weight afterwards.
    - I ended up purchasing this powder: http://www.rivalus.net/products/clean-gainer/ and I will probably be taking it a max of 2 times a day, more likely just once immediately after workouts (unless you all suggest otherwise). ~500 calories per serving, 30g protein per serving.
    - I am trying to get myself to eat something every 3 hours. This has been quite hard for me, but I am adjusting. Should I aim towards eating every 2 hours? Should I be eating snacks nonstop?
    - I have heard that you get the most protein out of eggs by eating/drinking them raw. I tried that today, and damn-near puked.
    - I am so ****ing sore right now. Cannot feel my entire upper body.

Thank you all for your input!! I will try to make sure that it all goes to good use. Again, Im starting at 155 pounds of weight. Eager to find out how much improvement i make in the coming weeks

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Good lord i dont know if its ds ambien or you are a demon spawned from chris angel

*confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Well, to update:

-Had my first workout in 13 months today. I can't lift nearly as much weight as I used to, sadly enough. Regardless, I just adjusted the weight typically after my first set, and did two more sets of ten reps (with 1 minute breaks) of the new weight afterwards.
    - I ended up purchasing this powder: http://www.rivalus.net/products/clean-gainer/ and I will probably be taking it a max of 2 times a day, more likely just once immediately after workouts (unless you all suggest otherwise). ~500 calories per serving, 30g protein per serving.
    - I am trying to get myself to eat something every 3 hours. This has been quite hard for me, but I am adjusting. Should I aim towards eating every 2 hours? Should I be eating snacks nonstop?
    - I have heard that you get the most protein out of eggs by eating/drinking them raw. I tried that today, and damn-near puked.

Thank you all for your input!! I will try to make sure that it all goes to good use. Again, Im starting at 155 pounds of weight. Eager to find out how much improvement i make in the coming weeks
    Once every 3 hours is good. And that's why protein shakes are so good. It's much easier to drink a cold shake than eat a meal every three hours. Regarding the eggs, old wives tale. They are just as good for you cooked as long as you are not bathing them in butter. Hard boiled is great.

Keep in mind that a meal doesn't need to be a "meal". A couple of hard boiled eggs and cup of yogurt and a 1/4 of walnuts is pretty good. That's not a lot of food but a lot of calories packed into it.

Well, to update:

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Just make sure that your routine and diet are something you can maintain. That is the important part. I always tell people to find workouts they enjoy so they will keep doing them. The clean gainer stuff despite its price looks great and has good stuff in it. I would not bother eating your eggs raw its not worth your time or puking. I find being sore addicting and great but the first few times are miserable you wont be that sore after a few workouts.

I posted plenty on this stuff. Something I haven't added but I'm sure has been said is that you shouldn't take what they recommend for your supplements. Almost always cut it in half and you are good. They just want you to run out quick.

Also, I benched 335 six times today.

HONK! HONK! HONNNNNNNNNNNK!!!
    BYU 1984 National Champs.