Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lost among your stunningly insightful and almost clairvoyant appraisal of this situation is that Rose could've said "I don't think I should go in". Or the doctors could have not cleared him medically. Or that if the Bulls lose the game that suddenly Thibodeau made the wrong opposite decision. Or that Rose doesn't HAVE to play like he's on a trampoline at all times and could learn to tone it down and actually play his position.

How about this idea: **** happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Or that Rose doesn't HAVE to play like he's on a trampoline at all times and could learn to tone it down and actually play his position.
    ...excellent point!....and one that needed to be stated!!! I'm all for giving 100%. However, you can pace yourself, especially when the outcome has already been determined. No need to play with "reckless abandon" on every play! You can play and give 100% while still using your head! You have to "protect" yourself so that you can play another day and another game! Many of these athletes do not seem to recognize this fact! I do not or would not dive into a brick wall to save an errant pass! The brick wall wins every time! Even if you happen to save the ball and not get hurt.....the chances of a successful basket on any given possession is less than 50%!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Lost among your stunningly insightful and almost clairvoyant appraisal of this situation is that Rose could've said "I don't think I should go in". Or the doctors could have not cleared him medically. Or that if the Bulls lose the game that suddenly Thibodeau made the wrong opposite decision. Or that Rose doesn't HAVE to play like he's on a trampoline at all times and could learn to tone it down and actually play his position.

How about this idea: **** happens.
    4 stunningly dimwitted and delusional statements by dumberica.
    Rose is not the coach.
    The Doctors are not the coach.
    Rose was fine to play, but his minutes and role should have been managed by the coach, the one who is responsible for what happens.
    He should have been off the floor when they were up by 20, not having Rose push it to the limits on his first game back.
    It was a monumentally bad decision, the worst decision by any coach in the entire year.

Of course you ignored what I said. Your sense of strategy falls short of an intelligent 6 year old.
    This was the first game of the playoffs. The Bulls would have won the first round without Rose playing at all.
    Playing him was a matter of getting back in game shape for the later rounds. Total Fail.
    Last edited by northeast; 05-01-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    So what happens a few games down the line? His knee was going to go sooner or later. It went sooner.
    A few games down the line, he is getting his strength and game timing back, and his muscles back in balance.
    He should have had his minutes carefully managed until the conference finals.
    He should have been told to play within the the offense, and not try to take over at first.

If that was done, he probably would have been at full strength in the later rounds.
    Chicago would have had an excellent chance at a title.
    They still have a shot, but their odds would be much better with Rose.
    \
    Compare this with how the Spurs manage their player minutes.