Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Jazz were not wanting the Spurs to run. Their transition defense was pretty good save for a couple of lapses here and there, but overall the Spurs couldn't really run as much. The Spurs are really really good in the open court. Almost every Spur will get down the court or trail the break for a 3 or nice cut to the basket. The Spurs are well coached and if given the opportunity to speed up the game, they will. Every player on the Spurs this season has been unbelievable on the break. Especially the Spurs young guys Leonard and Green. Neal is also ridiculously good at the stop and pop on the break. Manu is awesome at igniting the break with ridiculous open court passing, and Parker is a one man break. The Spurs bigs get in on the action quite often. Bonner trails for 3, Diaw runs point forward, Duncan/Splitter trailing cuts in the secondary break. Hell, Blair is pretty good at poking the ball away and igniting the break with a quick outlet. The answer for the Jazz is not to quicken the pace. It will be a very fast series should they turn it into a shootout. I have been trying to figure out what the Jazz could possibly do to get the Spurs out of rythym, but the only reason I can come up with isn't as valid anymore because the team that did it was the Lakers. In the next two games, the Spurs adjusted and commenced to curbstomping LA in consecutive meetings.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by northeast View Post
    I don't recall them running much in the first game.
    Who are their best players in the open court?
    I'd leave this alone, the Spurs weren't one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA by simply playing really good in the half court game. These guys can run...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How to win. When the entire Spurs D collapses in paint in obvious attempt to stop our inside scoring, MAKE OPEN PERIMETER SHOTS.

STOP letting Tony Parker run wherever he wants to giving him open lanes to the basket.

Since neither of these is likely to happen, our best shot it to go all "World Peace" on these guys and play like deranged psychopaths.

(Someone tell Jefferson to box out for once in his career...)
    Burks and Burke doin' Wurk!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    to clarify, I was suggesting for the Jazz to get out on the break on offense with Burks, Hayward, Favors, maybe Kanter

I was not suggesting to give the Spurs more fast breaks.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Build a time machine, go back in time, draft both Parker and Ginobili.