Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 87 of 87
  1. #76
    Senior Member vegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    17
    Rep Level
    680
    I have learned to temper my expectations. I figured when Howard got the nod in game 1 it would likely be repeated. I won't be surprised when he starts for the entire series regardless of his contribution.
    Chop it!!!

  2. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    15
    Rep Level
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    You don't use the playoffs as a ****ing tryout for next season. This is a completely moronic point. Whether you think you are going to lose or not. If a coach went into the playoffs with this mentality then he should be fired IMMEDIATELY. Not after the season, Not after the playoff run. At the exact second the GM suspects this is what he is doing.
    That is exactly what makes coaches and GMs different from the fans: the long-term vision. In several days the organization will need to make a decision on who are they going to try to keep. And it seems that the Jazz gave up on Evans already...

  3. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,003
    Rep Power
    15
    Rep Level
    425
    You are taking a completely unfounded assertion as fact.

    More likely it is not a tryout, Corbin thinks Howard starting is the best choice to win the next game.

  4. #79
    Senior Member Inn Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    16
    Rep Level
    271
    Marionette Corbin strikes again - as he has managed to do ever since Sloan's departure. Grow some ****ing balls and do the right thing instead of becoming a Jerry Sloan clone.

  5. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    127
    The problem with Howard is that his mindset is on what he used to be able to do and right now he just isn't at that level. He needs to play within himself and not chuck up shots that have little chance of going in. If he can do that and get himself focused the way Carroll does, then he should be ok. I don't know what the coaches are telling him, but if I were the coach, I'd say stop taking those dumb shots and look more to create for your teammates. And the first time he chucked, I'd yank him.

  6. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,421
    Rep Power
    18
    Rep Level
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by write4u View Post
    The problem with Howard is that his mindset is on what he used to be able to do and right now he just isn't at that level. He needs to play within himself and not chuck up shots that have little chance of going in. If he can do that and get himself focused the way Carroll does, then he should be ok. I don't know what the coaches are telling him, but if I were the coach, I'd say stop taking those dumb shots and look more to create for your teammates. And the first time he chucked, I'd yank him.
    Yaysus, he is the experienced vet and should know that already. If he has to be told that then his experience has gained him no wisdom so his experience is not valuable. Give the minutes to Burks so he can get some experience he may put to good use in the future.

  7.  

     

  8. #82
    Senior Member gregbroncs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Here! Wait is this a roll call?
    Posts
    3,820
    Rep Power
    28
    Rep Level
    3690
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
    That is exactly what makes coaches and GMs different from the fans: the long-term vision. In several days the organization will need to make a decision on who are they going to try to keep. And it seems that the Jazz gave up on Evans already...
    I don't think any coaches or GM's are idiotic enough to feel like you do on this subject. The playoffs are for trying to win now. The regular season to a degree and the preseason is for the purpose of discovering who your team is.

    If anything they would play Howard less. To protect his value. They practice with him and see him all the time. All playing him would do is drive up the price it cost to re-sign him if that is what they want to do.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

  9. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,943
    Rep Power
    28
    Rep Level
    3597
    i was hoping it wanst true howard starting but it is.
    wow this is beyond RETARDED
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  10. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    101
    Howard was statistically our best starter tonight and Yahoo! Sports TOP PERFORMER:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2012050224

    Maybe Corbin knows what he's doing after all SUCK IT COBRIN HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









    (just messin on that last part)

  11. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,943
    Rep Power
    28
    Rep Level
    3597
    ok
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  12. #86
    Senior Member LazyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The City
    Posts
    6,299
    Rep Power
    69
    Rep Level
    17711
    Howard is nowhere near the biggest problem. Big Al has been and always will be the problem as long as he's on the Jazz. He is an absolutely atrocious defender, makes zero plays for teammates, and normally has more FGA's than points. Yes Howard missed a lot of shots in game 1, he did not play well at all, but he is not the reason the Spurs get an easy look every time down the court.

  13. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,943
    Rep Power
    28
    Rep Level
    3597
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    Howard is nowhere near the biggest problem. Big Al has been and always will be the problem as long as he's on the Jazz. He is an absolutely atrocious defender, makes zero plays for teammates, and normally has more FGA's than points. Yes Howard missed a lot of shots in game 1, he did not play well at all, but he is not the reason the Spurs get an easy look every time down the court.
    the lineups who lplayed havent played much together the last 6 weeks they had no chemistry whatsover.
    hwoard getting back is the problem halfway through the 3rd
    howard had 24 minutes
    favors 9.
    yes so howard starting is the problem.

    take howard out and youegt lineups who played together including the big3 lineup
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •