Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member akirac73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,056
    Total Rep Points
    3984
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30

    If Tony Parker was injured, could we beat the Spurs?

    The thought came up after seeing the other #8 seed beat the #1 seed without their star PG.

    Sadly, I think the Spurs would still kick our ass in 5 even without TP...However if Parker, Ginobili and Duncan were out, maybe this series could go longer and we lose in 6 or 7 games instead.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,281
    Total Rep Points
    6619
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Yes, probably 3 out of 5 games.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    stirring the pot
    Posts
    3,281
    Total Rep Points
    1088
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    We are going to beat them with Parker. The Spurs arent that good anyways. They just win a lot of games.

  4. #4
    Senior Member dalamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    #TheReturn
    Posts
    12,457
    Total Rep Points
    32331
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Definitely.


    Still, I would much rather get swept, than have this happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

    I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

    I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

    this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

  5. #5
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    13,222
    Total Rep Points
    32088
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Definitely.


    Still, I would much rather get swept, than have this happen.
    ****ing Canadian Frenchy love.
    No Mediocrity

  6. #6
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,725
    Total Rep Points
    -662
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    ....I doubt we would win more than 2 games even without Parker. The Spurs are smart, shoot better, coach better, and have more experience.

  7. #7
    Senior Member dalamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    #TheReturn
    Posts
    12,457
    Total Rep Points
    32331
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    ****ing Canadian Frenchy love.
    Lol, Tony Parker is one of my least favourite players in the NBA. I just think that it would be embarrassing to only be able to get past the Spurs if their best player was injured

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

    I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

    I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

    this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

  8. #8
    Senior Member chawx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    752
    Total Rep Points
    709
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Without Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan—Jazz would sweep the series
    Without Parker only—Jazz would win it in 5
    With everyone on the Spurs healthy—Jazz would win it in 6

  9. #9
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In my head, trying to get out more...
    Posts
    6,056
    Total Rep Points
    16578
    Rep Adjustment Power
    66
    if tp was injured, spurs fans and board would mass suicide by overwatching dozens of french movies without subtitles, so we wouldn't have to worry about anything.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

    4.17.14


  10. #10
    Senior Member Xsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Saint George
    Posts
    963
    Total Rep Points
    2619
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Lol, Tony Parker is one of my least favourite players in the NBA. I just think that it would be embarrassing to only be able to get past the Spurs if their best player was injured
    Its gotten to the point where every other playoff series has some major injury.

    This is going to be the most asterisked season ever.

    But hey, a championship is a championship. GJ to whoever wins it this year.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

  11. #11
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    13,222
    Total Rep Points
    32088
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by akirac73 View Post
    The thought came up after seeing the other #8 seed beat the #1 seed without their star PG.

    Sadly, I think the Spurs would still kick our ass in 5 even without TP...However if Parker, Ginobili and Duncan were out, maybe this series could go longer and we lose in 6 or 7 games instead.

    If Jazz played half as dirty as the Spurs always do then Tony the Flop would probably die right on the court.



    Always have been dirty:



    Always will be dirty:





    Spurs fans even say as much. They're bragging it up on spurs talk about Stephen Jackson putting Steve Blake out of a game.
    No Mediocrity

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    stirring the pot
    Posts
    3,281
    Total Rep Points
    1088
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    I have alerted the authorities of this thread. Good Bye

  13.  

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •