Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie Moses View Post
    Ok, so a couple of things here.

First, after thinking about this, I probably shouldn't have said he cheated because I can see how some people can take that as a very serious accusation. Especially since I'm not for sure he did. With that said, from my perspective, what he did was pretty sketchy. Here's why.

He had all of his chips in the pile. After he found out that he lost, he took either 1 or 2 of the 100 chips and slid them towards him without saying anything. Shouldn't he at least let the others (or himself) count to see if he lost everything before he grabbed those chips? Why did he only grab one or two of them and then slide them under his hand towards himself before he was caught/or called out - what was the reason behind that if he went all in? Didn't he say he goes to Wendover like 2 or 3 times a week to play poker? I'd figured he know what was up and wasn't a noob like me.

With that said, it very well could have been totally innocent and I took something for what it wasn't. I hope there's no hard feelings to anyone about this because I didn't want to make it a big deal. It was more of tongue in cheek when I first mentioned it.

Last, he was the guy next to Brian (accross from me) and not the dude next to Franklin (Frank thought it was that guy I was talking about) although I do think the guy next to Franklin was the 3rd player who was all in on that hand as well.

P.S. I love you guys - especially cause you let me take your money. If anything, you'll should feel cheated by that.

hehepeepeecaca
    If thats how it went then thats weird.

No hard feelings for me, I was just saying how I remembered it happening.

Back to the point of this thread, Come play poker!

Dont be scared off by the fact that its a league. You dont have to play in every game, alot of the people that have come so far are just in it to play in random games when they can.

Banned
    I wouldn't go so far as to call that incident cheating. Sounds like it was handled well and no harm done. The dealers should be making sure the pot is right and awarding it to the right person.

Banned
    No commitment required as long as you're just in it for the game you attend. Points are awarded, but you don't have to care about that...sort of like using a subway card once and never getting enough points for a free sub. There is $5 withheld from every buy-in that is saved for the prize pool in the Championships game (I've been referring to it as the ToC or Tournament of Champions, although you don't technically have to be a champion to play in the ToC).

I won't be here on the 18th, but I may start coming to these games. Let me know when the next one is. Sounds fun. But only if it's guaranteed that TBS won't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    I won't be here on the 18th, but I may start coming to these games. Let me know when the next one is. Sounds fun. But only if it's guaranteed that TBS won't be there.
    I can promise nothing.

"I take horse seaman as a suppository." -- Hantlers

I have missed the last couple of games due to schedule conflicts, but I have played with this group many times and can vouch for the following:

1. Gameface puts on the best home game I've ever attended. His set up is legit and he is very organized and hospitable.

2. I have never seen any truly unruly behavior or heated exchanges. And I have only wanted to punch a girl like twice (bitches!!)

3. It's a lot of fun, even for the uninitiated, and features a great host, good people, and Trout.

If you're on the fence, go. You will not regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
    I can promise nothing.
    Has he come before?

I've been meaning to come to this but it's just so far down the list. I'll check on the 18th and see. I think that is state track. What time?
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    I've been meaning to come to this but it's just so far down the list. I'll check on the 18th and see. I think that is state track. What time?
    7pm

How much cash to bring?

Original buy-in is $25. After the second table opens up, there is usually a cash game going. You can buy into that however much you want and cash out whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutBum View Post
    4. There are no tough-guys or belligerent drunks.
    Guess that counts me out.

How much are the bets?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    How much are the bets?
    Oof. You're cut, aren't you?