Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Cavs are not going to trade Varejeo. I would be ok with getting back what we paid for Jefferson but its highly doubtful that the Jazz will be able to find a comparable deal. I thought we overpaid for Al to begin with so my hope is that we can get a first and high second with perhaps a decent role player. I would be fine with the deal that was suggested at the beginning of the draft.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    If only they traded him for nothing after 20 games like I suggested. Now we want to trade him for much, much less and Luke Albatross.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xthren View Post
    I like your thinking but I think we can get more then that.
    I don't. And I'd do this. But I don't think Cleveland would. This would hinder Thompson's development and cost them two solid picks in a very deep draft.

Banned
    I personally think Jefferson's trade value is quite low and we need to take a sensible deal when it's there. I stand by my Jefferson for Maggs' expiring and a pick from Charlotte. I think Jordan is dumb enough to just do it too. They need scoring desperately and they could offer Portland's protected 1st from the Gerald Wallace deal, thus keeping their own 1st next year. If they got Davis, MJ might think that Jefferson at the 4, with Davis helping him out, might just work well.

We suck at the 3 and Maggs is a decent defender, hit 36.4% of his 3's this year, and despite shooting just 37.3% from the field, still managed decent efficiency (1.26 points per shot which was better than anyone on our team not named Hayward--not thee best stat I know but you get the point) because even in just 27.5 minutes a game, he still was 8th in the league in free throw attempts with 6.5 per game. That's a huge problem for us right now. Our best guy this year in free throw attempts per game was Millsap and he ranked just 48th. That sucks.

This gets rid of Jefferson, gets us a starting 3 (or Carroll can start and Maggs can come off the bench) who doesn't need 35 minutes a game, gets us a little bit better perimeter shooting, and most importantly gets us easy points from the line when we need them. It also will get us a pick. If we can't get that 1st or a future 1st from Charlotte themselves, I think a 2nd or two would be fine.

This isn't about getting Maggs as much as it is losing Jefferson which needs to happen. But it won't happen easy.

Let the flaming begin.

Don't the Cavs have Omri Casspie? He has digressed everything single year in the league, but he had a pretty good rookie season and I would be willing to take him in a trade to see if he can turn it around.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Given that there have been some rumored conversation between the Cavs and the Jazz, I thought I'd revisit the idea (Al to cleveland for their 24th and 33rd picks this year + Luke Walton's expiring) and add some rationale for why both teams would do it.

Cleveland is obviously looking for the future frontcourt mate of Thompson. They have cap space this year, but the prospects at center are pretty bad --> JMcGee, Hibbert (not likely to leave Indy, IMO), and Hawes.

Looking at their roster, the only other free agent that they might be salivating over is Batum, and they could acquire Jefferson as a one-year stopgap (and bringing their salaries up to the minimum) and leave enough to pursue him (and they're unlike to pry him away from Portland, as is anyone).

HOWEVER, the FA class of 2013 is considerably deeper in their positions of need (it's considerably deeper in general). And, under the conditions of this proposed trade, they would have enough space to pursue two max guys to put alongside Irving and Thompson. They have got to be targeting that summer as the time to make a big leap.

As suggested earlier, we take their picks and draft DMiller and JJenkins; we let Walton shag balls in practice and hope he tears his ACL so we can collect the insurance money.

I don't think we can expect more than this from Al.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Given that there have been some rumored conversation between the Cavs and the Jazz, I thought I'd revisit the idea (Al to cleveland for their 24th and 33rd picks this year + Luke Walton's expiring) and add some rationale for why both teams would do it.

Cleveland is obviously looking for the future frontcourt mate of Thompson. They have cap space this year, but the prospects at center are pretty bad --> JMcGee, Hibbert (not likely to leave Indy, IMO), and Hawes.

Looking at their roster, the only other free agent that they might be salivating over is Batum, and they could acquire Jefferson as a one-year stopgap (and bringing their salaries up to the minimum) and leave enough to pursue him (and they're unlike to pry him away from Portland, as is anyone).

HOWEVER, the FA class of 2013 is considerably deeper in their positions of need (it's considerably deeper in general). And, under the conditions of this proposed trade, they would have enough space to pursue two max guys to put alongside Irving and Thompson. They have got to be targeting that summer as the time to make a big leap.

As suggested earlier, we take their picks and draft DMiller and JJenkins; we let Walton shag balls in practice and hope he tears his ACL so we can collect the insurance money.

Best proposal yet imo. I can buy it.

I ****ing hate Luke Walton.
    Freckle Liiiiiip.

Al and a signed LeBron poster to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving... Get it done KOC.

As much as I'd like Al off this team, I'd feel guilty sending him to a scrub lottery bound team. I'd really like to see Jefferson for Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry. We have our pg of the future and we can just use kevin martin as our 6th man for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post

Uh... as it stands they're picking 3rd? I think it's safe to say at least either Drummond or Robinson should fall to them?
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #FireTy
    #LoveYourNeighbour

Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    As much as I'd like Al off this team, I'd feel guilty sending him to a scrub lottery bound team. I'd really like to see Jefferson for Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry. We have our pg of the future and we can just use kevin martin as our 6th man for a year.
    Yes we'd all like to see that, but the chances of that happening is as low as the bottom of the Grand Canyon (when you're standing at the top).
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk
    #FireTy
    #LoveYourNeighbour

Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Uh... as it stands they're picking 3rd? I think it's safe to say at least either Drummond or Robinson should fall to them?
    Sure, that's great, but at least one of those guys is a 2-3 year project with bust potential. nuff said.

What the hell, this trade actually makes sense?!?!?!? This forum's going nowhere.

I still like Casspi. And their late first-rounder.

What a pathetic 'haul'. Ugh.
    #loseeveryremaininggame