Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Finally took the plunge and published my book

317957_436645326406979_348607490_n.jpg
    Hey all,

Long time board member. Started in 2005. It's been a while since I posted actively on the board here. I have mostly lurked and read threads, only posting sporadically for the last year or so. From the threads I read this season, there are a lot of new guys and not so many of the old posters, so I'm not sure how many of you remember me.

At any rate, I have been writing a series of Fantasy novels for years and submitted to publishers on and off. Finally last week, I put book one up on Amazon. It's been doing pretty well, and since I used to post about it here a few years ago, I thought I would post the link on here if any of you are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Moonrat-Bo...7529724&sr=8-1

I have debated putting this up here because I know how snarky these boards can get. I fully expect to get some jeers and sneers just for posting the link, but I have invested a lot of time and developed a lot of relationships on the board here over the years and I thought, "What the heck. Why not?"

So check it out. Let me know what you think. There is a free preview on there and if you like it or have questions, PM me. I'd love to hear from you. Thanks and . . Go Jazz!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Edgewriter; 03-23-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Check out my series, "The Bowl of Souls" On Amazon!
    http://www.amazon.com/Trevor-H.-Cool...r_dp_pel_pop_1

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That is great, good for you. I am a fan of fantasy so I will have to look into this more in depth later. Well done.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks! It is really hard to get anything published by a major publisher today. All they want is another Harry Potter or Twilight. Seriously go to your local bookstore or Sams Club or whatever. The shelves are dominated by tween vampire books.

By publishing it myself, the hope is to generate as many downloads and fans as possible to get the interest of a major publisher for the rest of the series. So far people are liking it and I am pretty stoked.

I make a pledge to you. In my books, NO VAMPIRES, sparkly or otherwise.
    Likes addictionary liked this post

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgewriter View Post
    Thanks! It is really hard to get anything published by a major publisher today. All they want is another Harry Potter or Twilight. Seriously go to your local bookstore or Sams Club or whatever. The shelves are dominated by tween vampire books.

By publishing it myself, the hope is to generate as many downloads and fans as possible to get the interest of a major publisher for the rest of the series. So far people are liking it and I am pretty stoked.

I make a pledge to you. In my books, NO VAMPIRES, sparkly or otherwise.
    I see what you did there.

Also good. Nothing agaisnt vampires but I prefer more traditional fantasy books.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hey all,

Long time board member. Started in 2005. It's been a while since I posted actively on the board here. I have mostly lurked and read threads, only posting sporadically for the last year or so. From the threads I read this season, there are a lot of new guys and not so many of the old posters, so I'm not sure how many of you remember me.

At any rate, I have been writing a series of Fantasy novels for years and submitted to publishers on and off. Finally last week, I put book one up on Amazon. It's been doing pretty well, and since I used to post about it here a few years ago, I thought I would post the link on here if any of you are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Eye-Moonrat-Bo...7529724&sr=8-1

I have debated putting this up here because I know how snarky these boards can get. I fully expect to get some jeers and sneers just for posting the link, but I have invested a lot of time and developed a lot of relationships on the board here over the years and I thought, "What the heck. Why not?"

So check it out. Let me know what you think. There is a free preview on there and if you like it or have questions, PM me. I'd love to hear from you. Thanks and . . Go Jazz!
    When you say fantasy, uh, do you mean like, naked chicks and stuff?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

I like red wine, a good book, and long walks on the beach.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Be honest, are all of those 5 star reviews your friends/family?
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So far the 5 reviews that are on there are from friends and family that read my book before I published it. It has only been on there for a week.

I do have a few new readers that say they plan on adding reviews as soon as they finish it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post

I like red wine, a good book, and long walks on the beach.
    And Doctor who. Actually nix the red wine. I'm more a Mountain Dew kind of guy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Be honest, are all of those 5 star reviews your friends/family?
    Hey, cool. A new review posted like minutes ago from a new reader that heard about it on Twitter.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So far the 5 reviews that are on there are from friends and family that read my book before I published it. It has only been on there for a week.

I do have a few new readers that say they plan on adding reviews as soon as they finish it.
    Nice. If I check it out I will put a review up on Amazon.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Congrats, Edgewriter. That's an accomplishment. I'm not sure if I'll read your book anytime soon, but either way good luck getting more response from major publishers in the future.
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks for the support guys. Appreciate it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I swear, didn't Archie once post a thread about him writing a fantasy novel as well? This thread strikes some serious deja-vu for me.

But seriously Edgewriter, I wish you the best of luck- but most importantly, congratulations. There aren't many better feelings in this world than finally wrapping up something that you have worked excruciatingly hard for. I wish the greatest of successes.

EDIT: Ha!! http://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?2...-With-my-Book/

Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've missed you, Edge.

I'll give it a go, but I'm pretty depressed that there seems to be no lesbians, vampire or non. Shame, really.
    http://mysteryoftheinquity.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/goodvsevil2.jpg