Page 60 of 1189 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162701101605601060 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I did like that Archie is asking to play PG. I also like that Cal doesn't seem to get a crap who he is, he will ride you until you get it. Seems like Corbin is missing that ability.
    NBA players and 18 year olds are a little different animals. I dont think thats a fair comparison. Not saying Corbin is even close to the same level as Cal but how did Cal do in the NBA again? 72-112 a .391 winning % is how he did.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    NBA players and 18 year olds are a little different animals. I dont think thats a fair comparison. Not saying Corbin is even close to the same level as Cal but how did Cal do in the NBA again? 72-112 a .391 winning % is how he did.
    Yes, what you have said here has merit. I just liked the fact that Cal didn't sugar coat anything. He told them to pound sand if they didn't like what he said. That was my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Yes, what you have said here has merit. I just liked the fact that Cal didn't sugar coat anything. He told them to pound sand if they didn't like what he said. That was my point.
    I agree, I have really enjoyed the all access, Cal knows how to get what he wants out of 18 years olds, thats why he is the best.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    It's early. Watch how Cal wears these guys down into winners. Equal parts positive reinforcement/you can do ANYTHING ... and if you slack you'll get NO opportunity. He's the master, the best .. period.

Archie wants it, expects it, but at this point has too much chip .. Cal will destroy that small area while bldg. up the pos points ..

Corbin is not even in the comparable consideration.

Guys I can't tell, does PKM like John Calipari or something?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Guys I can't tell, does PKM like John Calipari or something?
    I'd hit it.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He gets the UK thing..

ESPN's Jason King wrote a profile of Calipari, and it led with an anecdote of taking a picture with Charlie Sheen at a Reds game. We'll pick up moments after the picture was taken -- and it shows why Calipari uses the term "social media empire":

Hours later, in his office back in Lexington, Calipari is still giddy about the encounter -- but not for the reasons you'd expect.

Calipari calls up the photo and then hands his phone to associate athletics director DeWayne Peevy, who manages his social media accounts.

"We've got to get this picture out on Twitter," Calipari says.
    "It'll generate some talk, don't you think? How many followers does Charlie Sheen have?"

Peevy informs Calipari that more than 8 million people track Sheen on the popular site. The coach reclines in his black leather chair and grins.

"Tweet it," he says.
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's early. Watch how Cal wears these guys down into winners. Equal parts positive reinforcement/you can do ANYTHING ... and if you slack you'll get NO opportunity. He's the master, the best .. period.
    And yet he has just one ring despite getting the best recruits and couldn't even figure out that your player should foul with a foul to give in the waning seconds of a game when up by three.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    And yet he has just one ring despite getting the best recruits and couldn't even figure out that your player should foul with a foul to give in the waning seconds of a game when up by three.

This is so misinformed that I will refrain from comment. You know, Wes, that I will own you .. please don't make me.
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is so misinformed that I will refrain from comment. You know, Wes, that I will own you .. please don't make me.
    Yeah, yeah, he told the players to foul, they didn't, and he "protected them" by saying he didn't tell them and that it was his fault. That doesn't change the fact that he buys the best players every year and still has only one ring.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He was at Memphis. Who? They have no history, none. No facilities. Yet he made it to the NC game.

His first year at UK he inherited a program that missed the NCAA tourney .. and went 32/2 .. first year.
    2nd year was a F4.
    3rd year a NC.

This year? Pre-season #2 even though our starters are all frosh.
    Next year .. possible 40/0 undefeated season.

WTf is your beef? Spell it out, don't be a bitch .. bring it or stfu.
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He was at Memphis. Who? They have no history, none. No facilities. Yet he made it to the NC game.

His first year at UK he inherited a program that missed the NCAA tourney .. and went 32/2 .. first year.
    2nd year was a F4.
    3rd year a NC.

One ring...let's not make him out to be greater than he is. Izzo would run circles around him. Dude has any many titles and a zillion final fours despite getting medicore talent, relatively speaking.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

2nd year was a F4.
    3rd year a NC.

Calipoori is **** compared to Jimmer Calhoun.

The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

I love it.
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

*confirmed*

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Calipoori is **** compared to Jimmer Calhoun.
    Not a fair comparison.

That's like saying Hayward sucks cuz he's nothing compared to Larry Bird.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Not a fair comparison.

That's like saying Hayward sucks cuz he's nothing compared to Larry Bird.
    Didn't Jimmer say that all he needs is five players who all run, play tough defense, and rebound, and that positions don't really matter? What a maverick.

I love it.

*confirmed*

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Didn't Jimmer say that all he needs is five players who all run, play tough defense, and rebound, and that positions don't really matter? What a maverick.
    Yes.

"position less basketball" he called it.
    #lol