Page 62 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364721121625621062 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 17788
  1. #916
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,178
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Like I said. Nothing.
    I TYPED something tltr .. but deemed you not worthy.

    Please defend yourself .. anything?
    #dumptruckin

  2. #917
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0

  3. #918
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    27,722
    Total Rep Points
    17050
    Rep Adjustment Power
    78
    Why are y'all taking about scrub coaches?

    THE FUTURE IS RICK RAY!!!
    :^D

  4. #919
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,178
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Looks like MsSerp after a heavy night of drankin.
    #dumptruckin

  5. #920
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Looks like MsSerp after a heavy night of drankin.
    aka MsSlurp

  6.  

     

  7. #921
    Senior Member dalamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    #TheReturn
    Posts
    12,472
    Total Rep Points
    32587
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

    I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

    I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

    this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

  8. #922
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,178
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    LOL. Still no rebuttal. Because you have nothing. NOTHING.
    In all seriousness, it takes an awful lot (including luck) to win a national championship. (You've already called him a cheater, 'bought' the recruiting class, etc.. I am going to address your question, now.. if you revert back to name-calling, I'll just presume you're simply trolling .. btw, in an ANONYMOUS poll of 50 Div1 head coaches, not one said they think Calipari cheats/pays players, etc .. but said he'd the best at pushing the envelope and taking full advantage of every conceivable opportunity, so drop the straw man.)

    You mentioned Izzo winning with more talent despite coaching 100 less games. Truth is, Calipari took UMass to the F4 (aka, Massachussettes) and they had never done anything before, nor since.

    He took Memphis to a F4 and a NC game .. Memphis was 100% irrelevant prior to Calipari. It was only a couple years before he left that he started getting any real talent .. he's only started raking in the elite classes in the past 6/7 years .. starting around Rose/Evans ..

    After a couple of his first great classes and taking Memphis to back-to-back F4's, he came to UK and took a team coming off a year it missed the NCAA tourney to an Elite 8 in year 1, F4 in year 2, and a national championship in year 3 .. and riding the nation's longest home winning streak at 53.

    He's coached 3 schools and took them all to the F4 .. with two of those schools having never sniffed success prior to his arrival.
    Only coach to have ever taken 3 different schools to a F4. Only coach to have ever led three different schools to a number 1 seed in the NCAA tourney.

    Has been named National Coach of the year 3 times.

    The guy led a charge that raised $2MM for the Haitian earthquake victims. There are tweets from sports media guys going out like crazy about his telethon that raised more than $500k for victims of SANDY. (stop being a douche, Wes)


    His other, personal contributions from this year, that I am aware of;

    * $110,000 to West Liberty Recovery Fund, a fund dedicated to helping tornado victims of the Eastern Ky town

    * $60,000 to 4Paws for Ability, which provides dog services to military families

    * $55,000 to the Starkey Hearing Foundation, which helps provide hearing aids for children

    * $50,000 to EverFi Financial Literacy program, which teaches student across Kentucky the importance of money management

    * $25,000 to Samaritan’s Feet, which provides shoes for the needy

    * $25,000 to Urban League of Lexington, which assists African Americans and disadvantaged citizens in Lexington in the achievement of social and economic equality

    * $25,000 to the V Foundation, a charitable organization dedicated to saving lives by helping find a cure for cancer

    NOTE: I only brought up Izzo because he's the 2nd highest paid coach in the country. I really like Izzo, quite a lot .. just wanted to clarify I wasn't attacking him, only using him for reference/comparable.


    Not sure why you're so adamant to say the guys sucks, but it seems there are far easier and more credible targets. If you're just riling me up, well, okay .. glad you're entertained.
    Last edited by PKM; 11-08-2012 at 05:39 AM.
    #dumptruckin

  9. #923
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    £•£
    Posts
    31,403
    Total Rep Points
    44226
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100


    The Gold Standard.

    You da man Jim!
    #lol

  10. #924
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,178
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post


    The Gold Standard.

    You da man Jim!
    Jim retired, though.. so how bout dem nuts?
    #dumptruckin

  11. #925
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,178
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Tough game tonight on ESPN. Calipari said Harrow and Mays are both too sick to play. All new players, no starting PG, no sharp-shooting Mays .. against a good Maryland team could be tough for these young guys in their first game that counts.

    On the bright side, that likely means we're going to see, very early on, Archie Goodwin running the show.
    #dumptruckin

  12. #926
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    £•£
    Posts
    31,403
    Total Rep Points
    44226
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Tough game tonight on ESPN. Calipari said Harrow and Mays are both too sick to play. All new players, no starting PG, no sharp-shooting Mays .. against a good Maryland team could be tough for these young guys in their first game that counts.

    On the bright side, that likely means we're going to see, very early on, Archie Goodwin running the show.
    #n8...
    #lol

  13. #927
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,178
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Tough game tonight on ESPN. Calipari said Harrow and Mays are both too sick to play. All new players, no starting PG, no sharp-shooting Mays .. against a good Maryland team could be tough for these young guys in their first game that counts.

    On the bright side, that likely means we're going to see, very early on, Archie Goodwin running the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    #n8...
    Good catch. Tomorrow, not tonight. 6:30 ESPN.
    #dumptruckin

  14. #928
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    In all seriousness, it takes an awful lot (including luck) to win a national championship. (You've already called him a cheater, 'bought' the recruiting class, etc.. I am going to address your question, now.. if you revert back to name-calling, I'll just presume you're simply trolling .. btw, in an ANONYMOUS poll of 50 Div1 head coaches, not one said they think Calipari cheats/pays players, etc .. but said he'd the best at pushing the envelope and taking full advantage of every conceivable opportunity, so drop the straw man.)
    Name-calling? I'm pretty sure I never called you a name so you're upset that I called Cal a name? Is he your lover or something? Geez. Listen, sorry if UK and Cal's integrity comes into question but it's a fact that MKG's mom drove up in a Bentley to his HS graduation. And that's not shady? Sorry but that only happens by breaking NCAA rules. Period. End of story. Dejuan Wagner's not able to bank roll anyone any longer. As far as the poll goes, so what? They almost all cheat. Even my beloved Izzo I'm sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    You mentioned Izzo winning with more talent despite coaching 100 less games. Truth is, Calipari took UMass to the F4 (aka, Massachussettes) and they had never done anything before, nor since.
    They were actually a very good program in the 60's and 70's. No national titles but many conference titles and NIT births. That's hardly nothing. Or has Mark Few done nothing at Gonzaga as well? And I only mentioned how Izzo has done more in fewer games because you brought up his length of coaching while the facts are, Cal's coached over 100 games more.

    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    He took Memphis to a F4 and a NC game .. Memphis was 100% irrelevant prior to Calipari. It was only a couple years before he left that he started getting any real talent .. he's only started raking in the elite classes in the past 6/7 years .. starting around Rose/Evans ..
    The year before Cal came, yes, they sucked badly. But from '79-'99, they went 408-215. Hardly bad. From '92-'96, they were a 5 seed, 6 seed twice and #10 seed in the tourney. They were good. Were they not relevant? That's up for debate. And yes, it did take Cal a while to get elite draft classes. About seven years in fact. Is that impressive?

    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    After a couple of his first great classes and taking Memphis to back-to-back F4's, he came to UK and took a team coming off a year it missed the NCAA tourney to an Elite 8 in year 1, F4 in year 2, and a national championship in year 3 .. and riding the nation's longest home winning streak at 53.
    Very impressive yes. But again, when you get insane recruiting classes, it's what should happen. He's met expectations. Izzo's exceeded them.

    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    He's coached 3 schools and took them all to the F4 .. with two of those schools having never sniffed success prior to his arrival.
    Only coach to have ever taken 3 different schools to a F4. Only coach to have ever led three different schools to a number 1 seed in the NCAA tourney.

    Has been named National Coach of the year 3 times.
    Refer above to see how UMass and Memphis had sniffed success prior to Sir Cal's arrival. But before you do so, you may want to fact check. He's won the Naismith COY award only twice and never won the AP one. The only ones that really matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    The guy led a charge that raised $2MM for the Haitian earthquake victims. There are tweets from sports media guys going out like crazy about his telethon that raised more than $500k for victims of SANDY. (stop being a douche, Wes)


    His other, personal contributions from this year, that I am aware of;

    * $110,000 to West Liberty Recovery Fund, a fund dedicated to helping tornado victims of the Eastern Ky town

    * $60,000 to 4Paws for Ability, which provides dog services to military families

    * $55,000 to the Starkey Hearing Foundation, which helps provide hearing aids for children

    * $50,000 to EverFi Financial Literacy program, which teaches student across Kentucky the importance of money management

    * $25,000 to Samaritanís Feet, which provides shoes for the needy

    * $25,000 to Urban League of Lexington, which assists African Americans and disadvantaged citizens in Lexington in the achievement of social and economic equality

    * $25,000 to the V Foundation, a charitable organization dedicated to saving lives by helping find a cure for cancer
    Extremely impressive actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    NOTE: I only brought up Izzo because he's the 2nd highest paid coach in the country. I really like Izzo, quite a lot .. just wanted to clarify I wasn't attacking him, only using him for reference/comparable.


    Not sure why you're so adamant to say the guys sucks, but it seems there are far easier and more credible targets. If you're just riling me up, well, okay .. glad you're entertained.
    I'm sure that's not the only reason you brought up Izzo. Can we be intellectually honest please? That said, I never said Calipari sucks. He's a great coach. But to put him in a pantheon all his own, as you were doing, was pathetic and you needed to have your **** checked. He's a great coach. Along with many others.

    Now, can we end this? You're getting your ass handed to you and I'm a pacifist at heart.
    XOXOXO

  15. #929
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,178
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I had forgotten you were an Izzo fan, actually. We obviously have different definitions of success and meeting/exceeding expectations.

    I have only ever called Cal a very good coach. To be honest, I'm not really certain how good of an x's and o's guy he is. Most people in the business state that he's an underrated floor coach .. but that's not really saying anything because everyone just assumes he wins because of elite talent. Hard to know how much he'd win with MichSt talent (not implying they are void of it). My opinion is Cal is very good coach, my opinion is he is extremely good at getting guys to play hard and reach levels of play earlier than any other coach in the business. The only place the opinions end is when it comes to recruiting. Everything else, I suppose, is up for debate.
    #dumptruckin

  16. #930
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I had forgotten you were an Izzo fan, actually. We obviously have different definitions of success and meeting/exceeding expectations.

    I have only ever called Cal a very good coach. To be honest, I'm not really certain how good of an x's and o's guy he is. Most people in the business state that he's an underrated floor coach .. but that's not really saying anything because everyone just assumes he wins because of elite talent. Hard to know how much he'd win with MichSt talent (not implying they are void of it). My opinion is Cal is very good coach, my opinion is he is extremely good at getting guys to play hard and reach levels of play earlier than any other coach in the business. The only place the opinions end is when it comes to recruiting. Everything else, I suppose, is up for debate.
    Fair enough bro. But you've only called him a very good coach? "It's early. Watch how Cal wears these guys down into winners. Equal parts positive reinforcement/you can do ANYTHING ... and if you slack you'll get NO opportunity. He's the master, the best .. period." Anyway,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •