Page 82 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384921321825821082 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 17788
    I want to think that Doug McDermott will have a productive NBA career buti can't see him being any better than Luke Babbitt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I want to think that Doug McDermott will have a productive NBA career buti can't see him being any better than Luke Babbitt.
    He's good. He's not that good.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

One more Archie thing from yesterday's game.

Some people don't like this stuff, but I do.. with only two minutes to go, UK up 30, and their foot off the gas, the opposing guard was talking trash to Archie after the guy made a shot. Was in Archie's ear the whole way down the court of d .. Archie just ignoring him. Archie pulled a Kobe and just barely looked at the guy out of the corner of his eye, drove down the lane and dunked his ass to the floor .. then just stood over him for a second in a stare down that if looks could kill.

I love having one guy on every team that you just don't **** with or they'll go off.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post

Some people don't like this stuff, but I do.. with only two minutes to go, UK up 30, and their foot off the gas, the opposing guard was talking trash to Archie after the guy made a shot. Was in Archie's ear the whole way down the court of d .. Archie just ignoring him. Archie pulled a Kobe and just barely looked at the guy out of the corner of his eye, drove down the lane and dunked his ass to the floor .. then just stood over him for a second in a stare down that if looks could kill.

I love having one guy on every team that you just don't **** with or they'll go off.
    Video or it didn't happen.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Breakdown; (this is about players and projecting to the NBA, not UK .. I think we'll take some lumps, fwiw)

Goodwin - FEARLESS .. more so than anyone I've seen in a long time. Major motor on both ends, great defender, mean as hell, wants to hurt someone on a dunk, passing skills coming along lightning quick, decision-making already light years from where it was just a couple games ago.
    22pts, 9rbs, 9asts (3to's), 2stls, 1blk (he had about 4 blks, but most box scores are showing 2 .. with ESPN showing 1) 8/14 from the field. He gets UP.

Poythress - Fantastic athlete for his size. Nice IQ. I think he's not passive, but rather just be patient adjusting to the size/speed of the game. Still a bit of an enigma to me. Having said that, he's the first player to score 20pts or more in 4straight games since Jodie Meeks in 2008.
    22pts, 9rbs, 1ast (9of11 from the field)

Noel - HIGH energy, LOVE the guy. He's all over the court. Leaves his feet too early on d, but you can see that already correcting. GREAT passer, GREAT shot blocker, not nearly as raw offensively than people are saying. He'll likely go #1 imo.
    18pts, 8rbs, 5asts, 5blks (9/11 from the field)

Willie Cauley-Stein - Huge upside, fantastic 7' athlete. Great hands and feet. Raw player, but ahead of schedule, imo. 1st rounder.
    12pts, 8rbs, 1ast, 4blks

Other players had nice games, but these are the 1st rounders...
    Well if the Jazz have two draft picks this year then they could draft Cauley-Stein with their pick. I think everyone else on UK will be out of reach unless the Jazz can trade the GS + Burks to move up in the draft. A deal with Washington would be my target team or maybe Toronto.

Banned

Do you think Goodwin will come out after this year? Based on what you've seen, do you think he could be a starting pg in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Do you think Goodwin will come out after this year? Based on what you've seen, do you think he could be a starting pg in the NBA?
    Why would he go to UK if he wasn't going to come out after a year?
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Why would he go to UK if he wasn't going to come out after a year?
    Haha...a few stay a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I'd say it's 100% sure he's coming out. He's being projected as a SG. If he continues to make these kind of strides at PG, then watch out. My opinion, though, is he'll still be drafted as a SG/combo and go top 10.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

I'd say it's 100% sure he's coming out. He's being projected as a SG. If he continues to make these kind of strides at PG, then watch out. My opinion, though, is he'll still be drafted as a SG/combo and go top 10.
    Link or it didn't happen.

9 scouts at UK today. All were asked several questions with one being who do you compare Goodwin to .. all 9 shared only two different responses. 7 said Wade, 2 said Westbrook. Not meaning that as a good thing, just sharing.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

9 scouts at UK today. All were asked several questions with one being who do you compare Goodwin to .. all 9 shared only two different responses. 7 said Wade, 2 said Westbrook. Not meaning that as a good thing, just sharing.
    How can that be anything but a good thing?
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    How can that be anything but a good thing?
    I hear ya, but you know the interwebz.. some will say Wade can't shoot, some will say Westbrook plays out of control .. though most would agree if you could add a guy like that from the draft, you do so.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

I know this will sound smug, and maybe it is, but I HATE when top players make bad choices and get stuck in a situation with no dev't.

There is no reason Adonis Thomas shouldn't be dominating at this point. And I have NO doubt he would be under Calipari.

Tonight, vs. Northern Iowa (?), Thomas played 24 minutes;

5pts
    2rbs
    0asts
    0stl
    0blk
    3to's
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Check out this vintage footage of Latrell Sprewell (6'5" 190 lbs) and see if you think Goodwin can do this stuff.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwU18phgsc
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.