Page 83 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485931331835831083 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 17788
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Check out this vintage footage of Latrell Sprewell (6'5" 190 lbs) and see if you think Goodwin can do this stuff.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwU18phgsc
    Well, Archie is a freshman in college with only 5 games on his resume and we're comparing him to an NBA guy ... but here's what I would say..

Archie is more explosive (first step) and has a quicker release. I have stressed this point, but dude is lightning fast. The vid shows Sprewell knocking down a bunch of perimeter shots .. Archie drilling them so far but his history in HS suggests his %'s will come down. Archie is only 5 of 7 from 3 so far this year, so obviously too small of a sample size to have any opinion. However, he's hitting VERY tough shots, shots that I think have no prayer, but he's hitting them time after time.

Wanting to see another 5 games, but I suspect he's going to keep it up and keep getting better. Calipari is pushing him harder and spending more time with him than anyone else on the team.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Here are some highlights from one of UK's games this year. Archie is #10.

E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Another game. Archie 10.

E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Stop talking ****.

E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Stop talking ****.

hahaha

Thats basically what I did to Orangello this week in the BF league after he got a little too excited about my boy Kyrie Irving going down.
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

Stop talking ****.

I deserved this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    hahaha

Thats basically what I did to Orangello this week in the BF league after he got a little too excited about my boy Kyrie Irving going down.
    And this.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Banned
    Can Noels and Poythress please be nicknamed Kid N Play? Badass. Also, I don't see the elite athleticism in Goodwin of which you speak and that Westbrook and Wade have. Just don't see it. Just my dumb opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Can Noels and Poythress please be nicknamed Kid N Play? Badass. Also, I don't see the elite athleticism in Goodwin of which you speak and that Westbrook and Wade have. Just don't see it. Just my dumb opinion though.
    Opinions can obviously vary. He's almost identical to Wall as a freshman. His size, speed, athleticism, and craftiness going to the rim. He's just more slanted to scoring and Wall was more slanted to passing.. Otherwise their games are eerily similar.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Banned
    Opinions can obviously vary. He's almost identical to Wall as a freshman. His size, speed, athleticism, and craftiness going to the rim. He's just more slanted to scoring and Wall was more slanted to passing.. Otherwise their games are eerily similar.
    I saw very, very few plays with Goodwin attacking the rim or dunking. Wall did that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I saw very, very few plays with Goodwin attacking the rim or dunking. Wall did that all the time.
    I guess you'd have to watch the games. The highlights spread it around too much. Archie had back-to-back 25+pt games where that's nearly all he did, at will.
    I'm not defending him, btw, but what I am saying is accurate.

I have been saying Archie needs better decision-making, Poythress needs to play hard consistently, Noel needs strength, etc. Point is, I'm not just being a homer .. Archie just has the speed, craftiness, and nasty factor that is very rare in a freshman..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

I hope we draft Archie and then let him sit on the shelf for a couple of years behind Veterans X, Y and Z.

I guess you'd have to watch the games. The highlights spread it around too much. Archie had back-to-back 25+pt games where that's nearly all he did, at will.
    I'm not defending him, btw, but what I am saying is accurate.

I have been saying Archie needs better decision-making, Poythress needs to play hard consistently, Noel needs strength, etc. Point is, I'm not just being a homer .. Archie just has the speed, craftiness, and nasty factor that is very rare in a freshman..
    How are his handles? I thought Burks was suppose to be a good ball handler, but his handles seem really loose to me, kind of like Hayward's.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    How are his handles? I thought Burks was suppose to be a good ball handler, but his handles seem really loose to me, kind of like Hayward's.
    Very good, imo. Very similar to Wall. He's not flashy with the ball but dribbles into traffic, takes contact, and finishes. He's turning it over very little considering he's new to running PG.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Can I get a notification then next time we start a Q and A in this thread? I feel like I have missed out.