Page 86 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788961361865861086 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 17788
  1. #1276
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,642
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44714
    Archie Goodwin has been named SEC Freshman of the Week after averaging 25 points, 7.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  2.  

     

  3. #1277
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Btw, here is Ben Howland's roster. Watch how badly he ****s this up.

    Shabazz Muhammad - Rivals #1 recruit for 2012, McDonald's All-American
    Kyle Anderson - Rivals #3 recruit for 2012, McDonald's All-American
    Tony Parker - Rivals #27 recruit for 2012, McDonald's All-American
    Larry Drew - former UNC player and McDonald's All-American
    Travis Wear - former UNC player and McDonald's All-American
    David Wear - former UNC player and McDonald's All-American
    Joshua Smith - Rivals #23 recruit for 2010, McDonald's All-American
    Jordan Adams - Rivals #62 recruit for 2012
    Ben made three Final Fours in a row. Something Cal's never done.

  4. #1278
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,642
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44714
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Ben made three Final Fours in a row. Something Cal's never done.
    Ben sucks and everyone know's it .. well, except one. Most around cbb know the ONLY reason he wasn't fired last season was this incoming recruiting class.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  5. #1279
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Ben sucks and everyone know's it .. well, except one. Most around cbb know the ONLY reason he wasn't fired last season was this incoming recruiting class.
    Take your mouth off of Cal's junk for a second bro. Jesus.

  6. #1280
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Tony Mitchell's stats are pretty much down all the way around this year. he has cut his turnovers basically in half though.

  7. #1281
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,642
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44714
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Take your mouth off of Cal's junk for a second bro. Jesus.
    You are the only one that even mentioned Cal, you big dummy.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  8. #1282
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,642
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44714
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Tony Mitchell's stats are pretty much down all the way around this year. he has cut his turnovers basically in half though.
    I haven't seen him play yet this year, but I would imagine defenses are really keying on him. He'll need to fight through that and I suspect that he will. I mean, it's not like he's playing for crappy Ben Howland or something.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  9. #1283
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    You are the only one that even mentioned Cal, you big dummy.
    Yeah, because your homerism is nauseating. Sorry bro, I just call it as I see it.

    I mean, Howland's so terrible that he was able to recruit the aforementioned players (which is interesting because I thought it was obvious to everyone but me that he sucks), make three straight finals fours, and help develop strong NBA talent and players like Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Darren Collison, Aaron Afflalo, Luc Mbah a Moute and Jrue Holiday.

  10. #1284
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,642
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44714
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Yeah, because your homerism is nauseating. Sorry bro, I just call it as I see it.

    I mean, Howland's so terrible that he was able to recruit the aforementioned players (which is interesting because I thought it was obvious to everyone but me that he sucks), make three straight finals fours, and help develop strong NBA talent and players like Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Darren Collison, Aaron Afflalo, Luc Mbah a Moute and Jrue Holiday.
    I disagree. I'm excited about the era we're in with UK bb, yes. Just as any fan would be. I offer fair analysis of the players, imo. If it's jaded, it's not intentional. I don't think it's homerism as much as it just being in a good place during this stretch.

    Anyway, I am serious when I say Howland has definitely had some great success. He has also played a very boring brand of basketball (but who cares, right?). He also has been losing A LOT in recent years, has had a couple really bad team turmoils, and was an inch from being let go last year. How you have connected that to anything UK, I have no idea.

    Your nausea is caused by hate, I'm afraid.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  11. #1285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Yeah, because your homerism is nauseating. Sorry bro, I just call it as I see it.

    I mean, Howland's so terrible that he was able to recruit the aforementioned players (which is interesting because I thought it was obvious to everyone but me that he sucks), make three straight finals fours, and help develop strong NBA talent and players like Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Darren Collison, Aaron Afflalo, Luc Mbah a Moute and Jrue Holiday.
    Dude, Howland sucks ween, maybe he was decent at Pitt but at UCLA he has sucked. Look at all those players you just mentioned, with all that talent where has he taken UCLA? To the middle of the Pac12, a pretty bad conference?

  12. #1286
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Dude, Howland sucks ween, maybe he was decent at Pitt but at UCLA he has sucked. Look at all those players you just mentioned, with all that talent where has he taken UCLA? To the middle of the Pac12, a pretty bad conference?
    You obviously missed the part where I said he took them to the Final Four three straight years. That's not pure talent.

    That said, I'm not necessarily a Howland fan. He does play a VERY boring brand of basketball as PKM said. But to say he sucks as PKM did is just stupid. It's consistent though with his sentiment that Cal and UK in general run a clean brand of team sports. PKM sees what he wants to see.

  13. #1287
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,642
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44714
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    You obviously missed the part where I said he took them to the Final Four three straight years. That's not pure talent.

    That said, I'm not necessarily a Howland fan. He does play a VERY boring brand of basketball as PKM said. But to say he sucks as PKM did is just stupid. It's consistent though with his sentiment that Cal and UK in general run a clean brand of team sports. PKM sees what he wants to see.
    I'm right here, ya know.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  14. #1288
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I'm right here, ya know.
    I know. I said it your face.

  15. #1289
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,642
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44714
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I know. I said it your face.
    Oh SNAP!
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  16. #1290
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    4891
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Oh SNAP!
    Seriously though, how bad would Chaney have kicked Cal's ass?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •