Page 89 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091991391895891089 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 17788
  1. #1321
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,898
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    That's fair.

    I think they are all good at developing talent. That is a rather difficult thing to quantify. I think it has more to do with Calipari's recruiting dominance, and the super-athletes that he seems to pull in on a daily basis. He gets more pro prospects out of high school than anybody, so he probably should do pretty well in sending people to the NBA.
    For instance, when it comes to the X's O's of coaching and how to maximize potential I would put the head coach of my alma mater (ISU) up with anyone. I think he can develop talent just as well as Calipari, but will probably never quite get the opportunities that Calipari has/will have. He is a basketball genius.

    I will say nobody is better at recruiting talent than Calipari, but when it comes to coaching/developing players I really don't think he's any better or that much better than an Izzo, Coach K, Bill Self. But I certainly do not think he is any worse than any of those fellows. No one is a better coach than Fred Hoiberg however

    To your point: Rick Barnes, Scott Drew, and Pastner all definitely seem to be asshats.
    There are great x's and o's coaches out there. But to clarify, I was referring to mainly 5star athletes and looking at where they go and how they look at the end of their freshman year based on what school they attended. Williams seems to have NO progress with elite players, neither does Self .. K does some, but not much. Drew, NO.
    Pastner? hahahhahahahahhaha

    So, yeah .. many coaches will never get the ability to enter that 'contest' because they don't get the 5stars to see what they might do with them.
    What Calipari does best is change the kid's mindset. He gets them to play selfless, to play as a team, and to play 100%, all the time. Most coaches just don't seem to be able to do that .. for whatever reason.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  2. #1322
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,898
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Ben made three Final Fours in a row. Something Cal's never done.
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Ben sucks and everyone know's it .. well, except one. Most around cbb know the ONLY reason he wasn't fired last season was this incoming recruiting class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Yeah, because your homerism is nauseating. Sorry bro, I just call it as I see it.

    I mean, Howland's so terrible that he was able to recruit the aforementioned players (which is interesting because I thought it was obvious to everyone but me that he sucks), make three straight finals fours, and help develop strong NBA talent and players like Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Darren Collison, Aaron Afflalo, Luc Mbah a Moute and Jrue Holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I disagree. I'm excited about the era we're in with UK bb, yes. Just as any fan would be. I offer fair analysis of the players, imo. If it's jaded, it's not intentional. I don't think it's homerism as much as it just being in a good place during this stretch.

    Anyway, I am serious when I say Howland has definitely had some great success. He has also played a very boring brand of basketball (but who cares, right?). He also has been losing A LOT in recent years, has had a couple really bad team turmoils, and was an inch from being let go last year. How you have connected that to anything UK, I have no idea.

    Your nausea is caused by hate, I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    You obviously missed the part where I said he took them to the Final Four three straight years. That's not pure talent.

    That said, I'm not necessarily a Howland fan. He does play a VERY boring brand of basketball as PKM said. But to say he sucks as PKM did is just stupid. It's consistent though with his sentiment that Cal and UK in general run a clean brand of team sports. PKM sees what he wants to see.
    Latest article .. By BruinsNation.



    http://www.bruinsnation.com/2012/11/...eaves-the-ucla
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  3. #1323
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,898
    Rep Power
    150
    ^^^ btw, read comments of UCLA fans at the bottom.

    You may win one, one day, CrazeeWesGyp, but you lose on this one.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  4. #1324
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,548
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    ^^^ btw, read comments of UCLA fans at the bottom.

    You may win one, one day, CrazeeWesGyp, but you lose on this one.
    I'm sure the Jazz would have players leaving if that was acceptable in the NBA.

    The comments sounded eerily similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  5. #1325
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,962
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    ^^^ btw, read comments of UCLA fans at the bottom.

    You may win one, one day, SerpCrazeeWesGyp, but you lose on this one.
    .
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  6. #1326
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,962
    Rep Power
    41
    Whenever I look at Plumlee's stat line, it's always amazing. Whenever I actually watch one of his game, he always seem soft and terrible.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  7. #1327
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,548
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Whenever I look at Plumlee's stat line, it's always amazing. Whenever I actually watch one of his game, he always seem soft and terrible.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  8. #1328
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,898
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Whenever I look at Plumlee's stat line, it's always amazing. Whenever I actually watch one of his game, he always seem soft and terrible.
    He's basically what you just said. He's soft and not a great basketball player. But he's extremely seasoned (upper classman and been playing against his brothers his whole life) and has an experience advantage at this level. He'll get killed in the league, imo.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  9. #1329
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,548
    Rep Power
    56
    Can someone please tell mevwhat happened to UK tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  10. #1330
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,898
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Can someone please tell mevwhat happened to UK tonight?
    They sucked, hard.

    Explanation? It was their first true road game (as visitors) and though they came into the game with the highest FG% in the country, they were ICE cold. When they missed their first wide open shots, they panicked and went into one-on-one play and chucker mode. There's always one game per year, early, that Calipari let's them do it 'their way.' It gives him a mountain of film and humbles them to be great listeners. They didn't play as a team and couldn't make a shot. We also played our guys that never see the court a ton this game.

    Anyway, either Calipari will be able to use this game to light a fire under them .. or they better study hard for a career in something other than basketball.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  11.  

     

  12. #1331
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,548
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Anyway, either Calipari will be able to use this game to light a fire under them .. or they better study hard for a career in something other than basketball.
    You mean to tell me that they are not already studying hard? I can't believe that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  13. #1332
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,548
    Rep Power
    56
    ^^ Just playin.

    I only saw about 5 minutes total of the game and it was like 30 seconds here, another 30 seconds there (I was sneaking away from the dinner table and my wife kept calling me back).

    It did seem messy but I hadn't watched enough of the game to come to a conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  14. #1333
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    9,981
    Rep Power
    67
    I know it's early in the season, but Golden State has me a little worried. Please, God, let Curry's ankle spontaneously combust.
    #May be


  15. #1334
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Trapped in a Trap
    Posts
    23,962
    Rep Power
    41
    Has anyone mentioned Otto Porter yet?
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

    12) Goose

  16. #1335
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    This board's ignorant belief that Mark Jackson is an idiot and that the Warriors suck amuses me. IMO, they'll finish just ahead of us or just behind us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •