Page 106 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 17788
    I can't resist .. one more..

LA-Lafayette (ranking of 262)
    25 minutes of play
    3pts
    4rbs
    3blks
    0asts
    5to's
    fouled out - LOL!

So Mitchell's rebounds and blocks do look good, sort of, but he's also playing the 262nd strength of schedule.
    *I'm not hatin', but I am sayin'.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I can't resist .. one more..

LA-Lafayette (ranking of 262)
    25 minutes of play
    3pts
    4rbs
    3blks
    0asts
    5to's
    fouled out - LOL!

So Mitchell's rebounds and blocks do look good, sort of, but he's also playing the 262nd strength of schedule.
    *I'm not hatin', but I am sayin'.
    Do you hate Gyp or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Do you hate Gyp or something?
    Haha, nope. Nothing to do with Gyp at all.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Haha, nope. Nothing to do with Gyp at all.
    So you hate Tony Mitchell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Tony Mitchell: I have been a bit underwhelmed. NT has only played one ranked team (Creighton #16) and the other 11 games carry an average ranking of 227 (yikes).

Tony is averaging 14.5pts and hitting 29% of his 3's. His blocks look pretty good, but they're against small white dudes. Now, if Cy jumps on the bandwagon, it will be the final nail and we'll know to stay clear of Mr. Mitchell.
    EDIT: Not meaning to pile on, but holy hell.. when North Texas played SE Louisiana (ranked 329th and winless), Tony played 34 minutes and had;
    8pts
    10rbs
    0asts
    0stls
    3blks

His opposition in that game is a starting lineup of all scrubs (one guy averages double figures - 11) and standing;

5-9'
    6-2'
    6-3'
    6-6'
    6-7'

(There are several other examples like this one .. I predict his stock begins to drop)
    Otto Porter > Mitchell
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Porter averaging 13.2 points, 7.7 rebounds, 3.2 assist, 1.4 blocks, and 2.2 steals per game.

Also shooting 51% from the field and 44% from deep.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Holly **** Khem birch. Rebs on the rise.

Khem Birch, F 29 7-8 0-0 6-8 3 8 3 1 6 1 2 20

That's 6 blocks. He is a monster defending the paint. Just his second game in over a year. When moser gets back Rebs will have one of the best front lines in years.

I still think we need one good young big in our rotation once we jettison the "vets". Love to see us end up with either birch or Bennett and porter. They all have a winning attitude. We need that. We need a guy with swagger who can back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    I still think we need one good young big in our rotation once we jettison the "vets". Love to see us end up with either birch or Bennett and porter. They all have a winning attitude. We need that. We need a guy with swagger who can back it up.
    I'm mostly naive but skeptical that a 6-9, 175 PF is the 3rd big this team needs. That's Evans.

Paying attention to Jeff Withey for that role (or 4th big, since I still am holding out hope the Jazz can retain Millsap).
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    I'm mostly naive but skeptical that a 6-9, 175 PF is the 3rd big this team needs. That's Evans.

Paying attention to Jeff Withey for that role (or 4th big, since I still am holding out hope the Jazz can retain Millsap).
    Withey wouldn't be a bad choice with the GSW pick (assuming 20'ish). Willie Cauley-Stein is one to watch there as well. Legit 7' that played wide receiver and is the fastest guy on UK's team .. blk per minute are off the charts, great hands, athletic as hell.. either of them. Withey more refined at this point, with WCS having more upside, imo.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

blocks per minute are on the charts at 3/30. Withey is at 5.4/28. But I see what you're saying. Do you think Cauley would come out this year, though?
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    blocks per minute are on the charts at 3/30. Withey is at 5.4/28. But I see what you're saying. Do you think Cauley would come out this year, though?
    I admit I was cherry picking a bit .. not sure, it's way too early to tell. We have a stacked class coming in and most scouts are saying they think he's a lock for 1st round.. so I'd say he's gone.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

I'm not pimping the kid, I just think he's a great risk in the 20's. Love this video on him.

E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Burke with our second pick would be fine with me. He has noticeably improved from last year - his assist to turnover ratio in particular. I think his floor is a very good backup PG, and his ceiling is Ty Lawson. We don't have to worry about Boone confusing his name with Burks either, seeing how Alec has been benched for life.

I'd be fine with Burke in that range as well. As long as it's not in the lottery, any of Burke, McCollum, or MCW would be fine .. Kabongo to a lesser degree, but still somewhat willing.
    (I would take them in this order; MCW, Burke, McCollum, BJ Young, Kabongo, Harrow)
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---