Page 111 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 11611011091101111121131211612116111111 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 17788
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    I wrote the biggest post ever on that, I'm not going into it again lol.
    Since you could find it faster than I could, maybe you could at least direct me to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    Once conference play starts I will start paying more attention to College Ball and will have a better idea about these dudes.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Since you could find it faster than I could, maybe you could at least direct me to it?
    I'll look for it.

Rep Level
    My write up on McCollum is on page 96 of this thread, NUMB.

Rep Level
    Lillard's success is quite the anomaly (seniors rarely storm to the top of ROTY discussions, the same goes for coming from a small school). Being driven to grab the "next Lillard" 30 games into his career, and being such an anomaly, seems pretty knee-jerk to me.

That's all.
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    My list of potential PGs:

1a-Burke
    1b-McCollum
    3- MCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Lillard's success is quite the anomaly (seniors rarely storm to the top of ROTY discussions, the same goes for coming from a small school). Being driven to grab the "next Lillard" 30 games into his career, and being such an anomaly, seems pretty knee-jerk to me.

That's all.
    With the success of not only Lillard, but guys like Curry and Lin etc. I think NBA teams are more willing to give small school players the benefit of the doubt. At any rate, I think his success against big schools helps dispel the small school argument.

When it comes to McCollum, I think it's more worth discussing his ability to play PG in the NBA than his level of competition.

Rep Level
    With the success of not only Lillard, but guys like Curry and Lin etc. I think NBA teams are more willing to give small school players the benefit of the doubt. At any rate, I think his success against big schools helps dispel the small school argument.

When it comes to McCollum, I think it's more worth discussing his ability to play PG in the NBA than his level of competition.
    Ability is totally reliant on the level of difficulty. His ability to play PG has yet to be vetted to most people's liking.
    I think he can play SF

Rep Level
    With the success of not only Lillard, but guys like Curry and Lin etc.
    The "etc" for me is George Hill. If McCollum can play some decent defense and open the floor up with his shot he would be the best choice for PG in the draft.

George Hill would be helping the Jazz immensely right now if he was playing for them.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    There are some okay PG prospects. I'm sticking to my guns from 2010 .. no one real good until '14. (obviously didn't see Lillard coming on back then .. so missed him, for sure)
    space
    Cy - Can't wait to see your next Kanter to hate and Hopson to love.
    space
    space
    In my original post on 'Bazz I stated I wanted to see if he could become a team player, more than just simply a scorer. I had no doubt he could score. I compared him to Jodie Meeks (in college) who led the nation in PPG but got no rebounds, assists, etc.. (didn't really help the team win games other than putting up points)
    Bazz will be very good, no matter, but his level of greatness will depend on how much he embraces 'team' and I think the jury is still out on that one.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Best player on a top 10 team and puts up stats against competition.

Has shown vast shooting improvement from Freshman to Sophomore year.

Yep, he sucks.
    I was kidding. I just looked up his stats. They're very impressive actually. Based on stats, he's the kind of guy you win with. Sort of why I loved Parsons when he came out. Could do everything and do it well.

My concern in looking at Porter's numbers is his natural ability to score. His scoring is low (that's always sort of a give-in on a JT3 team I know) so my major concern without seeing him is his ability to dribble and/or penetrate and/or get to the rim. Anyone know how he is in that regard?

Also, do JT3 players come out early often? I feel like they don't.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    There are some okay PG prospects. I'm sticking to my guns from 2010 .. no one real good until '14. (obviously didn't see Lillard coming on back then .. so missed him, for sure)
    I'm not looking for a superstar, just someone who can run the offense, has a shot that needs to be respected and can at least slow people down on defense.

Is that asking too much?

Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    A 6'6 PG who only shoots 37% from the field just doesn't really excite me.
    I agree but 10.3 assists, 3+ steals, 4+ rebounds, and elite defense is hard to pass up. Especially since he could guard 1's (Westbrook, Rose, etc.) and 2's (Kobe, etc.) potentially.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I agree but 10.3 assists, 3+ steals, 4+ rebounds, and elite defense is hard to pass up. Especially since he could guard 1's (Westbrook, Rose, etc.) and 2's (Kobe, etc.) potentially.
    I question his athleticism and that is what he will need for defending all those guys you just mentioned.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I'm not looking for a superstar, just someone who can run the offense, has a shot that needs to be respected and can at least slow people down on defense.

Is that asking too much?
    It may be. It also may not be asking for enough. Ponder that one.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111