Page 118 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 18681081161171181191201281682186181118 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 17788
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    In these highlights Shabazz doesn't look all that quick or explosive, and he's settling for jumpers. He looks like a slightly rich man's Joe Johnson. Is he coming off an injury?
    Those highlights are from a month ago. He was coming off some sort of mild injury which prevented him from practicing with the team, and he also missed their first three games or so. Since then, he's lost 13 pounds and has become more comfortable in the system. He's scored 27 in each of the past two games. Top-2 pick, for sure.
    #May be

I'm going to come out and say it---I think the Jazz are playing the veteran rotations to a) try to protect a few players' trade value, and b) make sure we get a draft pick in the late lottery so we can add a much-needed point guard. I think the FO knows which rotations perform and don't perform as well as Sports Illustrated does. I literally think we're running a slow tank, in part because the Warriors are playing well.
    I keep jokingly telling myself that this is true (what else could explain some of Corbin's moves?), but who knows...this really could be the case.

Corbin, you're a brilliant tanker. Keep it up and get us Shabazz.
    #May be

I agree that Bazz and Noel SHOULD be 1 and 2 in whatever order. Please no Cody before 3 ........................................
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Banned
    Shabazz is gonna be mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Shabazz is gonna be mediocre.
    I suspect he'll be near all-star. I laughed, though, when he was being touted as the next Michael/Kobe. Only one I've seen that deserves that in more than a decade is Wiggins.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

I'm going to come out and say it---I think the Jazz are playing the veteran rotations to a) try to protect a few players' trade value, and b) make sure we get a draft pick in the late lottery so we can add a much-needed point guard. I think the FO knows which rotations perform and don't perform as well as Sports Illustrated does. I literally think we're running a slow tank, in part because the Warriors are playing well.
    This is a bit of a mind-blowing idea. And if true, one I applaud the organization for. That would be twice in three years the Jazz have done something brilliant that no one else has ever done.

The only thing I don't like about that is Favors and Kanter NEED to start taking more weight on their shoulders. Starting to really worry about stunting.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    This is a bit of a mind-blowing idea. And if true, one I applaud the organization for. That would be twice in three years the Jazz have done something brilliant that no one else has ever done.

The only thing I don't like about that is Favors and Kanter NEED to start taking more weight on their shoulders. Starting to really worry about stunting.
    This is my fear as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Through their first three seasons, the Jazz did a better job getting Paul Millsap minutes and opportunities than they have Favors. In Millsap's third season, he started half the games for the season and had something like a 20-game consecutive double-double streak. I know the circumstances are different in just about every way, but considering that the team is worse now than the team Millsap came up through, it's all the more ****ing incredible that the franchise are holding out for the moon with Alsap. Or whatever the **** it is that they're doing.

**** or get off the pot. Take a leap of faith with the players that will probably (eventually) take you further, or plunge into the abyss and get picks. It's really simple. But we ****ing know what these veterans bring and where they can take you: Where the Rockets have been stuck for the previous three years. And who ****ing cares about that.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Through their first three seasons, the Jazz did a better job getting Paul Millsap minutes and opportunities than they have Favors. In Millsap's third season, he started half the games for the season and had something like a 20-game consecutive double-double streak. I know the circumstances are different in just about every way, but considering that the team is worse now than the team Millsap came up through, it's all the more ****ing incredible that the franchise are holding out for the moon with Alsap. Or whatever the **** it is that they're doing.
    Boozer being hurt really helped with that.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Boozer being hurt really helped with that.
    Oh really?

I know the circumstances are different in just about every way, but considering that the team is worse now than the team Millsap came up through, it's all the more ****ing incredible that the franchise are holding out for the moon with Alsap. Or whatever the **** it is that they're doing.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I suspect he'll be near all-star. I laughed, though, when he was being touted as the next Michael/Kobe. Only one I've seen that deserves that in more than a decade is Wiggins.
    Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Lebron?
    Meant to see Lebron/Kobe .. so, yeah, since Lebron.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Shabazz will be an All-Star. But yeah, Wiggins is the next true great.
    #May be

I think they'll be given the keys after the trade deadline.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

I think they'll be given the keys after the trade deadline.
    My fingers are crossed.