Page 124 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 24741141221231241251261341742246241124 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 17788
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bledsoe is not an RFA. Only way to get him is through trade.

Teague is an RFA. And Atlanta has enormous cap space.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Now that's something to keep in mind. RIP Wesley Johnson.
    Haha .. what a stupid pick.

We're going to have to overpay, just make due, or snag a PG in '14 or '15, I'm afraid. We're discussing who the best PG's in this draft are .. but they're not better than last year's, imo.

Next year there will be a few ..as well as the next. I know I keep bringing up Rondo, and I realize it's a total pipe dream, but I'm also thinking a very heady floor coach. With Ty at the helm, and a conservative FO, we need a guy to be the absolute leader and floor coach.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    With Ty at the helm, and a conservative FO, we need a guy to be the absolute leader and floor coach.
    Which is why I wanted Steve Nash so ****ing bad. I can't help but wonder if the Lakers season is ultimately a failure what it would take to take the corpse of Steve Nash off their hands (and yes, I know they're doing better for the moment).
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Which is why I wanted Steve Nash so ****ing bad. I can't help but wonder if the Lakers season is ultimately a failure what it would take to take the corpse of Steve Nash off their hands (and yes, I know they're doing better for the moment).
    Agree totally.
    Rondo
    Nash
    Paul

There aren't many guys like I'm describing, unfortunately. It seems weird there isn't..
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Although this will get buried and forgotten in a hurry, I'll post some future PG's that deserve to be aware of .. at least in the next year or so. I know I get the rap as the guy that follows pubescent teens and not many may want to share in that title .. I understand. Others will obviously emerge, but here are the early leaders as the next great PG's;

Andrew Harrison - Going to UK. Best PG prospect since Wall. Big, strong, NBA body right now. True floor general with excellent size at 6'6. No gimmicks, no combo, pure point. Look for him to be the best PG in the nation as a freshman.
    Kasey Hill - Going to Florida. Very dynamic playmaker. Better, by far, than anyone in this year's crop. A bit small, but a little bigger than Trey Burke.

Emmanuel Mudiay - Not signed. Incredible PG with good size at a legit 6'4. Look for him to be the best PG in the nation as a freshman.
    Tyus Jones - Not signed. Badass 6'1 PG .. mean as hell.. will be VERY good. (Mudiay is ranked #2 overall in the class and Jones #3)
    Jaquan Lyle - Not signed. True point with good size at 6'4. Fun to watch. I'm catching a few of his games this year and will know better after that..

That's about it. I mean, there are obviously others .. but just remember, I warned quite heavily about Kabongo when he was being projected top 10 and now look where he's at .. Tony Wroten? I was hating on that guy .. with good reason. Like Gyp said recently, most of these are not my scouting opinions, but the opinions of professionals.

Look back over the last several years and the next few and you get a great idea why I was pushing the panic button so early and often .. the only PG I pimped big was Kyrie. Now there will be a few more really good ones (franchise) .. but we'll have to be very lucky to draft one.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kendall Marshall could probably be had. I would like to see what hornecek could do for his shooting and a summer or 2 with Stockton in Spokane. To be honest he right now might just be the best option.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IgWr2P-374w

High school mix of Michael carter williams

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Pkm know anything about this kid?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=B6a0DxIFenw

Sim bullar

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xthren View Post
    Pkm know anything about this kid?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=B6a0DxIFenw

Sim bullar
    I've seen him play. He'll have to make huge strides to play in the NBA. I don't see it.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I am not saying I want him just found the video on YouTube wondered if you knew anything. He looks way out of shape and doesn't really have a love of basketball seems to play it because he is huge.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xthren View Post
    I am not saying I want him just found the video on YouTube wondered if you knew anything. He looks way out of shape and doesn't really have a love of basketball seems to play it because he is huge.
    Yeah. Lacks everything except incredible size.

UK had Shagari Alleyne, who was 7'5 and more coordinated than Sim. He went undrafted .. went on to be drafted 7th round of some dev't league .. and did nothing, even there.

(could dunk completely flat footed)
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have been avoiding this thread, just wanted to continue fooling myself regarding the Jazz.

Today I was looking at what might be available for the Jazz at 12 and 25 range. Then I read the past few pages of this thread.

So Trey Burkes, or MCM? I haven't seen either play, honestly I don't know a thing about them except what is written on draft express, but it looks to me that C.J. McCollum is a Jazz man. Small School, under-recruited, long arms, creates his own shot, shoots alot of FTs, skinny as a rail, upset Duke in the Tournament. If that doesn't say 'Jazzman' I don't know what does. Really the only thing lacking is to discover he was raised by his single mom in Mississippi and he has a foundation for blind children.

Also, you can't escape the Jazz's ability to draft a player that is a duplicate of somebody on the roster. McCollum could be Burks younger and shorter brother. Burks could show him the ropes of how a sg learns to play pg in the jazz system while only playing every fourth game and then as a sg. It is destiny.

Speaking of destiny Jeff Withey at #25--let the jokes begin.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Why is MCW so old for a sophomore?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    One name that hasn't been mentioned is Brandon Jennings. I don't love the guy, but I'm guessing I like him more than most here would under our situation of "beggars can't be choosers."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    One name that hasn't been mentioned is Brandon Jennings. I don't love the guy, but I'm guessing I like him more than most here would under our situation of "beggars can't be choosers."
    I suppose he hasn't been mentioned here because this is a thread for draftees.
    Having said that, I like Jennings far more than most on this board. I do think he's a knucklehead, probably a bad fit here (we need a strong leader), but I think in the right circumstances he would thrive in a very big way. I'd be excited if Utah signed him, we could either be entertained with more wins, or by watching a total train wreck .. but at least it would probably be something outside the norm.
    #dumptruckin