Page 134 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 34841241321331341351361441842346341134 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 17788
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    Congrats. Great haul.
    Thanks, Vermilin. Good luck the rest of the way out with your rebs.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Yep, he's the only kid I've ever dared to make that comparison. Jordan is kind of off limits as far as I'm concerned. Funny thing with Wiggins is he's so far ahead of the rest, yet still a bit more raw than his peers. Upside is ridiculous.
    The tanking to get him will be disgusting next year. I can see Toronto in particular going to extremes to get their hometown boy - like 5-7 wins.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    The tanking to get him will be disgusting next year. I can see Toronto in particular going to extremes to get their hometown boy - like 5-7 wins.
    I could see that as well. That may be worth Wiggins tanking himself.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    If only the Jazz had the balls to just sign on enough scrubs to reach the cap requirement, play The Four all the minutes, and potentially land Wiggins. I hope they prove me wrong.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    If only the Jazz had the balls to just sign on enough scrubs to reach the cap requirement, play The Four all the minutes, and potentially land Wiggins. I hope they prove me wrong.
    I'd love to see the Jazz wind up with any of;

Wiggins
    Andrew Harrison
    Julius Randle
    Even;
    Aaron Harrison (though not a need .. I love strong bulls that can force their way through defenders but still light it up from deep, pretty rare combo)
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Andrew Harrison (6'5/220) - Pure PG with size, strength, and great shooting touch.

http://blip.tv/ballislife/andrew-har...n-2013-6211342
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Some passing at the Reebok classic.

#dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Much better.
    I suppose a little. He still looks mediocre as hell to me and I would never want him in the 1st round, even with the 30th pick. Honestly, he reminds me of a shorter, less athletic Fat Al.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Watching videos go Wiggins makes me hate the one year rule. Wiggins should be #1 this year, not next year.

I personally would like to see an option to come out after high school and if you don't there is a mandatory two years in college.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This one shows a little more of his overall skillset. I'm bringing him up because we have at least a possibility of packaging picks and assets to move up to the 4 - 5 range (with a little dreaming on my part). It may be as easy to snag Andrew Harrison as some of these other guys we're talking about .. and I'd say he'd be a bigger get than Jeff Teague or Eric Bledsoe..
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I suppose a little. He still looks mediocre as hell to me and I would never want him in the 1st round, even with the 30th pick. Honestly, he reminds me of a shorter, less athletic Fat Al.
    I don't disagree at this point. Tbh, I was just flaunting the recruiting class.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I had the same thought that Al might be his best comp. I kinda threw up in my mouth.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Watching videos go Wiggins makes me hate the one year rule. Wiggins should be #1 this year, not next year.

I personally would like to see an option to come out after high school and if you don't there is a mandatory two years in college.

Thoughts?
    Calipari is pushing a baseball-like rule. Straight out or 3 years..

I hate straight to the NBA, myself (hear me out). I've been in the gyms when it was straight out of HS and I've been there when it was one and done. The amount of sleaziness going on with the NBA in HS gyms was terrible. It's bad enough as it is with the show companies, AAU teams, etc .. but throw in the NBA scouts, NBA 'runners' and it gets 10x worse and much more distracting for very young kids.

Also, it's MUCH better for the NBA to have the kids go to college for at least one year. I bet the NBA has taken a nice spike in viewership since instituting the one and done rule. I wouldn't have ever started watching the NBA otherwise.
    It's also much better on the budgets of NBA teams. Now they don't have to send scouts to random HS games and spread their resources more thin than being able to watch the kids at a college level and see more than one kid at a time, usually.

The NBA management actually wants a 2 year rule. Less expense, more maturity of the players/less risk, and higher viewership (college fans following).

As for the kids? I don't know .. I'm conflicted. I agree with Calipari that all Div1 athletes of income generating programs (I'll explain why 'income generating' if anyone wants to know) should get paid about $5,000 per year to take care of little things like their car breaking down, taking a girl on a date, etc.

So in summary, I'm open to about anything, Calipari is still going to recruit the best, no matter the rules, but I would hate to see the NBA back in HS gyms.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    This one shows a little more of his overall skillset. I'm bringing him up because we have at least a possibility of packaging picks and assets to move up to the 4 - 5 range (with a little dreaming on my part). It may be as easy to snag Andrew Harrison as some of these other guys we're talking about .. and I'd say he'd be a bigger get than Jeff Teague or Eric Bledsoe..
    Yea, next years draft seems like it could be special. With the way things are going the Jazz might be in a perfect place to get some talented players.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Thoughts?
    That's a tough one and has surely been debated long and hard by the NBA. It would be better for fans, but not for the kids. Those with even the smallest amount of hype or upside (think CJ Miles) would come out wanting the guaranteed money. 90% would fall on their face and wash out of the league with no skills beyond that. At least one year of college gives them a taste of higher learning and improved social skills.