Page 136 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 36861261341351361371381461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 17860

Thread: Following potential 2013 draftees

  1. #2026
    Senior Member Crocodile Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    where pigs fly
    Posts
    6,311
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12035
    Rep Adjustment Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I'd like to see at 2 year college minimum. Just my opinion.
    I am with NAOS on this.

    Put yourself in this position, if I was a tech company and some hs kid was brilliant at programing and electronics wouldn't I want to hirer him now, and be in charge of his development, instead of after he has gone to MIT and is snagged by a bigger corp.?(bad punctuation)

  2. #2027
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    55,846
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    87155
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Xthren View Post
    I am with NAOS on this.

    Put yourself in this position, if I was a tech company and some hs kid was brilliant at programing and electronics wouldn't I want to hirer him now, and be in charge of his development, instead of after he has gone to MIT and is snagged by a bigger corp.?(bad punctuation)
    It is BY FAR the smart play. For the league. For the NCAA .. and even for the kids ..
    It's debatable, but it's my strong opinion. No straight to the league, no one and done.. drag the kids through some education, through some adjusting through transitions, some maturing, and bring a new fanbase with them. It is the right answer, imo.
    ^Created Content^



    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  3. #2028
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    £•£
    Posts
    32,588
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    51179
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    It is BY FAR the smart play. For the league. For the NCAA .. and even for the kids ..
    It's debatable, but it's my strong opinion. No straight to the league, no one and done.. drag the kids through some education, through some adjusting through transitions, some maturing, and bring a new fanbase with them. It is the right answer, imo.
    There'd probly be a lot of two and done's though.
    #BringBackUGLI

  4. #2029
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    55,846
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    87155
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    There'd probly be a lot of two and done's though.
    We can only hope.
    ^Created Content^



    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  5. #2030
    Senior Member Jazz4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    6549
    Rep Adjustment Power
    44
    Trey Burke does it again crushing Iowa 95-67:

    19/12/1

    7-10 FG, only 1 TO

  6. #2031
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    55,846
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    87155
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Trey Burke does it again crushing Iowa 95-67:

    19/12/1

    7-10 FG, only 1 TO
    Imagine how much hype he'd be getting on here if he was Russian!
    ^Created Content^



    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.


  7. #2032
    Senior Member sojodave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In Front Of My 100" Screen
    Posts
    2,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3344
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Imagine how much hype he'd be getting on here if he was Russian!
    Or over 6' tall...

  8. #2033
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,433
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19166
    Rep Adjustment Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Imagine how much hype he'd be getting on here if he was Russian!
    Oh come on. It extends to the former Soviet nations as well!
    "I will say, almost everything. And I didnít bring it every night. But I think most everything was a frustration."

  9. #2034
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    55,846
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    87155
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Love it. Just got a text from Antigua (UK asst) and he said, yeah, we'll get AT LEAST one of Wiggins, Randle, Gordon.

    I already figured as much, but the 'at least' part has me choding hard.
    ^Created Content^



    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  10. #2035
    "Keep Banging" ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29,420
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    38076
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Trey Burke does it again crushing Iowa 95-67:

    19/12/1

    7-10 FG, only 1 TO
    We need to at least get Trey Burke this offseason.

    He's short, but not that short (Chris Paul's also 6'0). I think he could be next year's 'Damian Lillard'.

    We need to get rid of both Al & Millsap at the trade dateline and slip down far enough to snag Burke (even if we have to throw in GSW pick and move up a bit).

    Greggy boy over there won't let it happen, but oh well.. a man can dream, can't he???
    GIVE THE PEOPLE
    WHAT THEY WANT

  11. #2036
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    55,846
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    87155
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    We need to at least get Trey Burke this offseason.

    He's short, but not that short (Chris Paul's also 6'0). I think he could be next year's 'Damian Lillard'.

    We need to get rid of both Al & Millsap at the trade dateline and slip down far enough to snag Burke (even if we have to throw in GSW pick and move up a bit).

    Greggy boy over there won't let it happen, but oh well.. a man can dream, can't he???
    I like Burke and he's my favorite PG in the draft, but I think most here are way over-valuing him out of need and lack of solutions. I'd be glad to get him, but he's not a guy you throw the kitchen sink at or tank for.
    ^Created Content^



    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  12. #2037
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    32,147
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    79877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Hey can you guys scoot over a bit and make some room on the trey burke bandwagon?
    I want to get on.

  13. #2038
    "Keep Banging" ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29,420
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    38076
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I like Burke and he's my favorite PG in the draft, but I think most here are way over-valuing him out of need and lack of solutions. I'd be glad to get him, but he's not a guy you throw the kitchen sink at or tank for.
    Well I know Gordon Monson's an idiot but I do agree with his latest article that either Jefferson or Millsap or Both needs to go at the trade dateline. That'll give room for Kanter & Favors to finish the season with some experience under their belt. Remember how Kanter thrived playing big minutes a couple of weeks back? Why can't we see more of that?

    If that scenario netted Try Burke for us next season, so be it. I just think it's win/win whichever way you cut it.

    (PKM: without saying the word "Rondo" or "Johny" what's your solution at the PG?)
    GIVE THE PEOPLE
    WHAT THEY WANT

  14. #2039
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    55,846
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    87155
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Well I know Gordon Monson's an idiot but I do agree with his latest article that either Jefferson or Millsap or Both needs to go at the trade dateline. That'll give room for Kanter & Favors to finish the season with some experience under their belt. Remember how Kanter thrived playing big minutes a couple of weeks back? Why can't we see more of that?

    If that scenario netted Try Burke for us next season, so be it. I just think it's win/win whichever way you cut it.

    (PKM: without saying the word "Rondo" or "Johny" what's your solution at the PG?)
    I've stated it multiple times.
    Rondo #1
    Go after Jeff Teague or Bledsoe
    Burke or MCW (in that order) in the draft
    Find a way to nab Andrew Harrison in the following draft

    I'm not hating Burke, I've only really ever said good things, I'm just saying he's not a guy you use all your assets on ..... he's not THAT good.
    ^Created Content^



    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  15. #2040
    "Keep Banging" ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29,420
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    38076
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I've stated it multiple times.
    Rondo #1
    Go after Jeff Teague or Bledsoe
    Burke or MCW (in that order) in the draft
    Find a way to nab Andrew Harrison in the following draft

    I'm not hating Burke, I've only really ever said good things, I'm just saying he's not a guy you use all your assets on ..... he's not THAT good.
    Sorry I haven't been "stalking" you.. but yes I do know that Rondo is your #1.
    GIVE THE PEOPLE
    WHAT THEY WANT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us