Page 147 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 47971371451461471481491571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 17788
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Interesting article. I know some stats are pace adjusted, including % of FGs assisted, but it does look like MCW's assist figures are upped by playing at a fast tempo--maybe a bit similar to Scott Machado last year. But MCW is doing it at an elite program and against elite competition. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Syracuse is playing up tempo because of MCW.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Yes, yes. I just see bust written all over him. I know he's a junior but isn't he the same age as a senior this year?

Also, Burks and Hayward try and find those two big mem on the roll more often than any true PG that this team has.

For me I am starting to feel like you just take BPA regardless of how stacked we might be at that position and take a risk on a Euro PG in the second round, or that kid from SDSU.
    He's a sophomore. No idea why he's older.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    He's a sophomore. No idea why he's older.
    Spy showing once again why he rules this place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Interesting article. I know some stats are pace adjusted, including % of FGs assisted, but it does look like MCW's assist figures are upped by playing at a fast tempo--maybe a bit similar to Scott Machado last year. But MCW is doing it at an elite program and against elite competition. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Huge difference between what Machado did and MCW .. Syracuse is playing elite competition is not known to be playing at abnormally accelerated pace ...
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    I can't find any info on why MCW is so old for a sophomore. I read through his entire high school career and don't see anything about him being held back (was an honor role student). Was he held back before high school? WHY ARE YOU SO OLD!?!?!

Rep Level
    Trey Burke awarded with his first National Player of the Week honor.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/inde...wins_nati.html

Rep Level
    I like Trey Burke a lot especially his passing ability. My concern is his height and he doesn't seem like he has that extra gear in regards to speed. Some times speed/quickness can over come a lack of height. However, I think his passing and understanding of the game is very high. Again I haven't watched him very much but what I have seen I am impressed. Just a side note, I like the Robinson kid from Michigan too.

I am with PKM about not wanting to package picks just to get him. I think he will be available unless he continues to perform as he has then Burke may be too far out of our reach to even package our picks to get him. There is still a long ways to go before the draft. Right now, I think he is a very good backup PG on a good team which is a need for the Jazz. I think he could possibly be a good starter on a contending team if he continues to work hard and is on the right team.

Rep Level
    Anyone watch enough of Trey to give feedback on whether he's improved his defense? Is he staying in front of his man?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    So Trey Burkes, or MCM? I haven't seen either play, honestly I don't know a thing about them except what is written on draft express, but it looks to me that C.J. McCollum is a Jazz man. Small School, under-recruited, long arms, creates his own shot, shoots alot of FTs, skinny as a rail, upset Duke in the Tournament. If that doesn't say 'Jazzman' I don't know what does. Really the only thing lacking is to discover he was raised by his single mom in Mississippi and he has a foundation for blind children.

Also, you can't escape the Jazz's ability to draft a player that is a duplicate of somebody on the roster. McCollum could be Burks younger and shorter brother. Burks could show him the ropes of how a sg learns to play pg in the jazz system while only playing every fourth game and then as a sg. It is destiny.
    He is going to be a Jazzman I tell you.....and now they can try to make the playoffs and still get him.

Rick Bonnell: NBA scout told me Lehigh's C.J. McCollum's injury is sad, because missing 8-10 weeks could cost him late-lottery in a bad 2013 draft
    Last edited by mellow; 01-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    He is going to be a Jazzman I tell you.....and now they can try to make the playoffs and still get him.
    Would at least be interesting to see what he can do .. he is anything but a pure PG though ..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Anyone watch enough of Trey to give feedback on whether he's improved his defense? Is he staying in front of his man?
    Hard to tell as they do play a lot of zone.. but he did lose his man quite a few times from what i've seen.. lacks a bit of speed at times... His height also meant even a decent size pg can shoot over him without much trouble. I think he's chris paul defense wise (a liability) but without the steals.. which is a bit of a worry.. but he does try..
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Hard to tell as they do play a lot of zone.. but he did lose his man quite a few times from what i've seen.. lacks a bit of speed at times... His height also meant even a decent size pg can shoot over him without much trouble. I think he's chris paul defense wise (a liability) but without the steals.. which is a bit of a worry.. but he does try..
    Terrible comp. Paul does gamble more than I like but when he wants to he can be a tough defender. He likes to get physical every once in a while.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Terrible comp. Paul does gamble more than I like but when he wants to he can be a tough defender. He likes to get physical every once in a while.
    True.. burke seems much slower as well.. he seems quite bulky for his height...

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    True.. burke seems much slower as well.. he seems quite bulky for his height...
    I haven't watched him enough to know.

Rep Level
    I haven't watched him enough to know.
    Point is as they play zone it's hard to know whether he actually lost his man or he's trying to play within the zone. One on one too many times the opponent just simply shoots over him.

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD