Page 169 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 691191591671681691701711792192696691169 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 17788
  1. #2521
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44,011
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Just ask Perry Jones III
    and many dozens and dozens of others ..

    One of the reasons I think a two-and-done rule should be continued to be explored..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  2. #2522
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    10,101
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    and many dozens and dozens of others ..

    One of the reasons I think a two-and-done rule should be continued to be explored..
    One reason I wouldn't like a two-and-done rule is that it seems a little unfair for the careers of the truly talented. Like, if that kind of rule had been in place ten years ago, Lebron wouldn't have been able to be the youngest to reach 20,000 points. He would still be years away. Along those same lines, Wiggins is ready for the NBA now; if he hadn't reclassified, he'd still have to finish this year, then his senior year, then two years of college? Bleeeeehhhh
    Head Coach Big Board:

    1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr


  3. #2523
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44,011
    Rep Power
    150
    OT:

    As some of you will remember, Ryan Harrow (UK PG) was pre-season being mocked around 15'ish. I've been pretty consistent that he is just too frail/weak to play a meaningful role in the NBA (backup, maybe). I still believe that.

    I only wanted to give him some props as having been playing only behind Noel as UK's best player. He missed early season games with an illness .. but has returned playing better than I expected he would.

    Last 6 games;

    23pts, 4rbs, 4asts, 3stls
    17pts, 5rbs, 3asts, 2stls
    15pts, 2rbs, 8asts, 4stls
    16pts, 4rbs, 4asts, 1stl
    14pts, 3rbs, 2asts, 4stls
    12pts, 3rbs, 4asts, 1stl

    He has a 4:1 a/to ratio.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  4. #2524
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44,011
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    One reason I wouldn't like a two-and-done rule is that it seems a little unfair for the careers of the truly talented. Like, if that kind of rule had been in place ten years ago, Lebron wouldn't have been able to be the youngest to reach 20,000 points. He would still be years away. Along those same lines, Wiggins is ready for the NBA now; if he hadn't reclassified, he'd still have to finish this year, then his senior year, then two years of college? Bleeeeehhhh
    It's also unfair to NBA teams that millions of dollars based purely on potential. For every Lebron, there are 400 'others.'

    I'm okay with whatever rule, but straight out of HS is really bad. Don't want to rehash that whole thing again, though.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  5. #2525
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    10,101
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    It's also unfair to NBA teams that millions of dollars based purely on potential. For every Lebron, there are 400 'others.'

    I'm okay with whatever rule, but straight out of HS is really bad. Don't want to rehash that whole thing again, though.
    Yeah, I've heard you discuss it before, and I agree with you overall. It would be sad for players like Wiggins, though.
    Head Coach Big Board:

    1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr


  6. #2526
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    It's also unfair to NBA teams that millions of dollars based purely on potential. For every Lebron, there are 400 'others.'

    I'm okay with whatever rule, but straight out of HS is really bad. Don't want to rehash that whole thing again, though.
    Boring! Get better scouts or get out of the business!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  7. #2527
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44,011
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Yeah, I've heard you discuss it before, and I agree with you overall. It would be sad for players like Wiggins, though.
    I don't know about sad .. they're still multi-millionaires playing a game.

    I've had a ton of ideas. One would be similar to Euro (kind of) where if a player wants to enter the draft, they can, and if they go in the lottery, they can come out. If they're not taken, they go back to college and the NBA team has the rights to the player at where they drafted them. Would make them think a little.. but not completely lock a stud from going early. I still think it should be one-and-done .. rather than straight from HS.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  8. #2528
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44,011
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Boring! Get better scouts or get out of the business!
    I know you say that in jest .. but it would be fine if the NBA team could really see what they're needing to see. Unfortunately, so much cbb plays zone (almost entirely) and coaches have such different playing style, play players out of their NBA position etc..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  9. #2529
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I know you say that in jest .. but it would be fine if the NBA team could really see what they're needing to see. Unfortunately, so much cbb plays zone (almost entirely) and coaches have such different playing style, play players out of their NBA position etc..
    I'm feeling jesty today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  10. #2530
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    44,011
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I'm feeling jesty today.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  11. #2531
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    You have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  12. #2532
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    10,101
    Rep Power
    71
    A nice sequence by Smart:

    Head Coach Big Board:

    1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr


  13.  

     

  14. #2533
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    Has anyone heard of a guy named Tony Mitchell? He plays for North Texas. I heard last year that he was good. Does anyone know who I am talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  15. #2534
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    10,101
    Rep Power
    71
    Smart in high school:



    I'm liking this guy more and more.
    Head Coach Big Board:

    1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr


  16. #2535
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    12,600
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Smart in high school:



    I'm liking this guy more and more.
    No, that is not who I am talking about. His name is Tony Mitchell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •