Page 169 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 691191591671681691701711792192696691169 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 17788
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Just ask Perry Jones III
    and many dozens and dozens of others ..

One of the reasons I think a two-and-done rule should be continued to be explored..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    and many dozens and dozens of others ..

One of the reasons I think a two-and-done rule should be continued to be explored..
    One reason I wouldn't like a two-and-done rule is that it seems a little unfair for the careers of the truly talented. Like, if that kind of rule had been in place ten years ago, Lebron wouldn't have been able to be the youngest to reach 20,000 points. He would still be years away. Along those same lines, Wiggins is ready for the NBA now; if he hadn't reclassified, he'd still have to finish this year, then his senior year, then two years of college? Bleeeeehhhh
    Head Coach Big Board:

1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr

OT:

As some of you will remember, Ryan Harrow (UK PG) was pre-season being mocked around 15'ish. I've been pretty consistent that he is just too frail/weak to play a meaningful role in the NBA (backup, maybe). I still believe that.

I only wanted to give him some props as having been playing only behind Noel as UK's best player. He missed early season games with an illness .. but has returned playing better than I expected he would.

Last 6 games;

23pts, 4rbs, 4asts, 3stls
    17pts, 5rbs, 3asts, 2stls
    15pts, 2rbs, 8asts, 4stls
    16pts, 4rbs, 4asts, 1stl
    14pts, 3rbs, 2asts, 4stls
    12pts, 3rbs, 4asts, 1stl

He has a 4:1 a/to ratio.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    One reason I wouldn't like a two-and-done rule is that it seems a little unfair for the careers of the truly talented. Like, if that kind of rule had been in place ten years ago, Lebron wouldn't have been able to be the youngest to reach 20,000 points. He would still be years away. Along those same lines, Wiggins is ready for the NBA now; if he hadn't reclassified, he'd still have to finish this year, then his senior year, then two years of college? Bleeeeehhhh
    It's also unfair to NBA teams that millions of dollars based purely on potential. For every Lebron, there are 400 'others.'

I'm okay with whatever rule, but straight out of HS is really bad. Don't want to rehash that whole thing again, though.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

It's also unfair to NBA teams that millions of dollars based purely on potential. For every Lebron, there are 400 'others.'

I'm okay with whatever rule, but straight out of HS is really bad. Don't want to rehash that whole thing again, though.
    Yeah, I've heard you discuss it before, and I agree with you overall. It would be sad for players like Wiggins, though.
    Head Coach Big Board:

1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr

Boring! Get better scouts or get out of the business!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Yeah, I've heard you discuss it before, and I agree with you overall. It would be sad for players like Wiggins, though.
    I don't know about sad .. they're still multi-millionaires playing a game.

I've had a ton of ideas. One would be similar to Euro (kind of) where if a player wants to enter the draft, they can, and if they go in the lottery, they can come out. If they're not taken, they go back to college and the NBA team has the rights to the player at where they drafted them. Would make them think a little.. but not completely lock a stud from going early. I still think it should be one-and-done .. rather than straight from HS.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Boring! Get better scouts or get out of the business!
    I know you say that in jest .. but it would be fine if the NBA team could really see what they're needing to see. Unfortunately, so much cbb plays zone (almost entirely) and coaches have such different playing style, play players out of their NBA position etc..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

I know you say that in jest .. but it would be fine if the NBA team could really see what they're needing to see. Unfortunately, so much cbb plays zone (almost entirely) and coaches have such different playing style, play players out of their NBA position etc..
    I'm feeling jesty today.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I'm feeling jesty today.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

You have no idea.

A nice sequence by Smart:

Head Coach Big Board:

1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr

Has anyone heard of a guy named Tony Mitchell? He plays for North Texas. I heard last year that he was good. Does anyone know who I am talking about?

Smart in high school:

I'm liking this guy more and more.
    Head Coach Big Board:

1. Messina
    2. Longabardi
    3. Hoiberg
    4. Kerr

Smart in high school:

I'm liking this guy more and more.
    No, that is not who I am talking about. His name is Tony Mitchell.