Page 173 of 1189 FirstFirst ... 731231631711721731741751832232736731173 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 17824
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Watched some of the michigan game today and really like what i saw of burke.
    He seems to make good decisions most of the time and run the offense well..... a few of his misses today were offensive rebound put backs by teammates because of his penetration and drawing multiple defenders.
    He makes very good decisions. What I really like though is his keen court awareness and does not telegraph his passes in the slightest. Help defense usually don't have much of a chance after Burke makes the dish.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    I agree with PKM to a degree. I can see the PG's in the draft being good, but not All-Stars. But, so what? Are we really looking for a top tier PG? I've always felt we simply needed a good, young PG to complete our core and then our future team would be very balanced and dangerous. Favors will hopefully turn superstar, and one or two of Kanter/Hayward/Burks/PG will make some All-Star games. One of the PG's from this draft could give us that; we're not looking for a savior, just a missing piece to the puzzle.
    Agreed. We've already got Hayward.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree with PKM to a degree. I can see the PG's in the draft being good, but not All-Stars. But, so what? Are we really looking for a top tier PG? I've always felt we simply needed a good, young PG to complete our core and then our future team would be very balanced and dangerous. Favors will hopefully turn superstar, and one or two of Kanter/Hayward/Burks/PG will make some All-Star games. One of the PG's from this draft could give us that; we're not looking for a savior, just a missing piece to the puzzle.
    I kind of disagree. We have some very nice future pieces, maybe even great pieces. What we do not have, imo, is a an absolute leader. I think for this team to come together and gel .. to have that team chemistry most championship teams develop, someone will need to emerge as the 'the' guy. I don't see that person on this team and I don't see that person in this draft.

Nash, Paul, Rondo .. these guys make their teammates work harder, focus on a team goal, play hard, and play together.

This is why I like Burke best, I think he's the most mentally strong..
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    A Tony Parker-ish offense with Burke at the point would look pretty good for us. Favs setting that high screen...

That dude can attack, and with the playmaking you get from Hay and Alec, you can afford to leave him in attack mode. If he can't get north to south, then he kicks it to "Manu" for the off-speed attack.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]
    elect Stanley Johnson, 2015

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You guys are animals.

Absolute animals.
    #BringBackUGLI

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Is Burke the boards consensus top pg prospect?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I kind of disagree. We have some very nice future pieces, maybe even great pieces. What we do not have, imo, is a an absolute leader. I think for this team to come together and gel .. to have that team chemistry most championship teams develop, someone will need to emerge as the 'the' guy. I don't see that person on this team and I don't see that person in this draft.

Nash, Paul, Rondo .. these guys make their teammates work harder, focus on a team goal, play hard, and play together.

This is why I like Burke best, I think he's the most mentally strong..
    I see what you're saying. I agree we need a great leader, but that doesn't necessarily mean they need to be a fantastic talent. Maybe Burke would be good for this, like you said. I've also heard that Smart is a very vocal leader and he considers that his most valuable asset.

What's the easiest way we could get this leader you're talking about? Paul becomes a FA, but I see no chance of that happening. Boston would want A LOT for Rondo.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Is Burke the boards consensus top pg prospect?
    He's probably the most well liked, but I wouldn't say he's our consensus top PG prospect.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't think Rondo is a great leader. He is just a great player. He gets in trouble on the court a lot and has been difficult to deal with at times.

I do not have a favorite PG guy at this time. It is too early to tell. Besides I don't think anyone has separated themselves from the others. They all have +/- attributes. I think it would be difficult if all of them are on the board to chose one without seeing them in the combine and interviews. Besides we don't even know if Smart or Burke are going to come out this year. So the Jazz may still not have a choice.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    I don't think Rondo is a great leader. He is just a great player. He gets in trouble on the court a lot and has been difficult to deal with at times.

I do not have a favorite PG guy at this time. It is too early to tell. Besides I don't think anyone has separated themselves from the others. They all have +/- attributes. I think it would be difficult if all of them are on the board to chose one without seeing them in the combine and interviews. Besides we don't even know if Smart or Burke are going to come out this year. So the Jazz may still not have a choice.
    PKM's not online so I'll have to step in...

Rondo = amazing leader

Demands the absolute best of everyone around him at all times...almost to a fault.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    PKM's not online so I'll have to step in...

Rondo = amazing leader

Demands the absolute best of everyone around him at all times...almost to a fault.
    Almost? Since when is pushing a HOFer with gas in the tank off a team ALMOST a fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Almost? Since when is pushing a HOFer with gas in the tank off a team ALMOST a fault?
    Don't be a nancy.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think everyone would like to watch this

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Don't ruin an empirically disproven narrative.
    I'll try to stay in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I think everyone would like to watch this

Way to much hero ball for my liking. That stuff don't fly in the NBA unless you have elite size or athleticism - CJ has neither. I'll stick to my ceiling of Ben Gordon, and you don't want to know the floor.