Page 174 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 741241641721731741751761842242746741174 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 17788
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Way to much hero ball for my liking. That stuff don't fly in the NBA unless you have elite size or athleticism - CJ has neither. I'll stick to my ceiling of Ben Gordon, and you don't want to know the floor.
    Ben Gordon wishes he had that handle, but I guess I can see the comparison. I would be happy with any of the four PGs in this draft. It reminds me of the Ty Lawson, Jrue Holiday, Eric Maynor year.

Kind of unfortunate for them that every team in the NBA already has a PG. Good for the Jazz though.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I kind of disagree. We have some very nice future pieces, maybe even great pieces. What we do not have, imo, is a an absolute leader. I think for this team to come together and gel .. to have that team chemistry most championship teams develop, someone will need to emerge as the 'the' guy. I don't see that person on this team and I don't see that person in this draft.

Nash, Paul, Rondo .. these guys make their teammates work harder, focus on a team goal, play hard, and play together.

This is why I like Burke best, I think he's the most mentally strong..
    Yeah I do agree as well.

It reminds me of when a reporter asks Phil Jackson whether Chris Paul or DWill was better (This was about 2-3 years ago when DWill was with Jazz and Paul was with Hornets). Phil's answer was: He'd rather NOT face Chris Paul as an opponent. But, he'd rather have DWill running his team.

I think the point was, he'd rather have somebody who he can trust in managing his team, controlling the offense, etc.

This is why I think Burke is the better choice as well. He's not flashy in the way that MCW can pass or McCollum can shoot or Smart can score/rebound/steal/defend. Burke just seems to have a "steady-ness" quality about him. He's not flashy - but he'll give you a steady hand at the point, feed the open man, shoot the occasional 3's and does it with very low TO's.

If we're picking #18 and we pick him, I think it's a good pick for us.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    Yeah I do agree as well.

It reminds me of when a reporter asks Phil Jackson whether Chris Paul or DWill was better (This was about 2-3 years ago when DWill was with Jazz and Paul was with Hornets). Phil's answer was: He'd rather NOT face Chris Paul as an opponent. But, he'd rather have DWill running his team.

I think the point was, he'd rather have somebody who he can trust in managing his team, controlling the offense, etc.

This is why I think Burke is the better choice as well. He's not flashy in the way that MCW can pass or McCollum can shoot or Smart can score/rebound/steal/defend. Burke just seems to have a "steady-ness" quality about him. He's not flashy - but he'll give you a steady hand at the point, feed the open man, shoot the occasional 3's and does it with very low TO's.

If we're picking #18 and we pick him, I think it's a good pick for us.
    I don't think anyone would argue against that.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    PKM's not online so I'll have to step in...

Rondo = amazing leader

Demands the absolute best of everyone around him at all times...almost to a fault.
    Well, I live near the Boston area and I have heard many things to dispute your opinion. Rondo has a quirky personality off the court and early in his career he was difficult to manage. If he wasn't so talented the Celtics would have traded him. There for a while even the fan base was ready to trade him. He has butted heads with KG, Pierce and Ray Allen. A contributing factor why Ray Allen left Boston was because of his strained relationship with Rondo. Rondo has been suspended a few times costing his team games.

Winning a championship doesn't make you a great leader, his talent helped win a championship not his "great" leadership. I do think Rondo is not as bad as he was when he came into the league but he is still hard headed about certain things. There is no doubt the kid has talent and works his butt off but leadership is more than working hard. Currently, I do not think it is Rondo's strong point. It is kind of like his jump shot, average and erratic but improving.

Rep Level
    Yea I would be happy with Burke at 18.

Rep Level
    Burke will go before 18, right? I mean, he's becoming the consensus #1 pg in a pg-starved market.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Burke will go before 18, right? I mean, he's becoming the consensus #1 pg in a pg-starved market.
    Yep, which means someone will reach for him. I just hope it is not the Jazz. I'm on the team that thinks that you still take BPA and try for a gem in the second round (Leo Westerman, Nate Wolters, Matthew Dellavedova or Myck Kabongo (maybe?)).
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Go for WCS and Dario Saric or something like that.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Or maybe this stud named Tony Mitchell from North Texas.

Rep Level
    Dunno. From what I've seen and heard, I don't think Burke would be a "reach" if he went as high as, say, 12.

Good percentages and improved decision-making... I like.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Well, I live near the Boston area and I have heard many things to dispute your opinion. Rondo has a quirky personality off the court and early in his career he was difficult to manage. If he wasn't so talented the Celtics would have traded him. There for a while even the fan base was ready to trade him. He has butted heads with KG, Pierce and Ray Allen. A contributing factor why Ray Allen left Boston was because of his strained relationship with Rondo. Rondo has been suspended a few times costing his team games.

Winning a championship doesn't make you a great leader, his talent helped win a championship not his "great" leadership. I do think Rondo is not as bad as he was when he came into the league but he is still hard headed about certain things. There is no doubt the kid has talent and works his butt off but leadership is more than working hard. Currently, I do not think it is Rondo's strong point. It is kind of like his jump shot, average and erratic but improving.

I've stated this many times, but most (if not all) of Rondo's 'quirkiness' stems from a blazing competitive fire. I've seen it time and time again from HS, through college, and in the pros. He's not a thug, he's not a prima donna (though he does come off like it at times), he is a relentless fighter.

I'll concede that he probably has too much of it and it's too difficult to surround him with enough others like him. I just hate it when people who don't know (not talking to you cowhide), mischaracterize him. I, for one, can appreciate the fire and the inability to dial it back a notch. I've been there before in my life .. and, luckily, was finally able to chill and let a little mediocrity/relaxation into my life.

The Celtics were a perfect team for Jonny, having KG, Pierce, and Ray .. those 3 were about as susceptible to giving it everything as could have been assembled ..

I was excited what Rondo could do for the Jazz youngsters, but I'm honestly not sure how they would respond to his level of demanding everything from them, everything.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I don't think he is the consensus no. 1 pg by a long shot. The thing that concerns me the most is his inability to finish at the rim. His height coupled with his lack of vertical leap is worrying. He's not quick or fast when he gets into the lane or physical neither which would have helped. If he's having problems now in college it can only get worse in the NBA. By comparison Lillard did not have this problem in college.

Unless he can develop a deadly floater it's hard to see him being more than just an average player at best at the next level.
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    I don't think he is the consensus no. 1 pg by a long shot. The thing that concerns me the most is his inability to finish at the rim. His height coupled with his lack of vertical leap is worrying. He's not quick or fast when he gets into the lane or physical neither which would have helped. If he's having problems now in college it can only get worse in the NBA. By comparison Lillard did not have this problem in college.

Unless he can develop a deadly floater it's hard to see him being more than just an average player at best at the next level.
    This.

Sorry guys, but Burke is NOT the consensus #1 PG in this draft. Chad Ford weighs the opinions of NBA scouts when forming his Big Board and Burke is currently ranked #17. MCW is at #8 and Smart is at #9.

I definitely like Burke (more than any PG in last year's draft, outside of Lillard), but scouts seem to like others better than him, and I don't think we should just brush that off like it's nothing.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    This.

Sorry guys, but Burke is NOT the consensus #1 PG in this draft. Chad Ford weighs the opinions of NBA scouts when forming his Big Board and Burke is currently ranked #17. MCW is at #8 and Smart is at #9.

I definitely like Burke (more than any PG in last year's draft, outside of Lillard), but scouts seem to like others better than him, and I don't think we should just brush that off like it's nothing.
    It also depends on the team..

My list is;
    1) Burke
    1a) MCW
    3) Smart
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    Smart playing right now on ESPN2

MCW will playing Louisville at 2 on ESPN