Page 185 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 851351751831841851861871952352856851185 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 17788
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    I watched the second half of the UK game. Not really impressed with anyone from the game. It was a ugly game to watch. Noel looks like he can play but the dude is super skinny and I don't know how he isn't going to get muscled in the NBA. I still like the kid and think he can be a very good pro player but he needs to develop some offensive skills and put on some weight. PKM, I agree Goodwin looked like a knuckle head a lot.
    Agree Noel needs more offensive game. He could be a major rim protector, though, in the NBA, right now.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This draft is looking worse and worse. I don't think the Jazz will be missing out on a whole lot drafting around 17 (current pick). MCW is currently 8th and Burke is 18 at DX, and I think you could safely reverse them and no one would notice or care. You need a top 3 pick to even have a hope at getting an all star. And even the long standing top 3 (Bazz, Noel, Cody) is looking a little flaky.

A nugget from Chad Ford on Ben Mclemore:

"I spoke with five different GMs this week who told me they'd take him No. 1," wrote Chad Ford. "McLemore has been the best college player I've watched this season. I love him. A great combination of athleticism, length, shooting ability, ball handling and defense. He has the chance to be a very special player at a position that's been very weak over the last five years."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here are comments from Chad Ford on Marcus Smart - note the reference to Chauncey Billups...

NBA body/strength. Great size for a point guard. Very good passer. Excellent defender. Just a natural leader at his position. If he was a better shooter, he'd be a Top 5 pick. Still not convinced he won't be a Top 5 pick anyway when the dust settles on draft day. Love the Chauncey Billups comparisons.

Here are comments from Chad Ford on Carter-Williams - note the Shaun Livingston reference...

He's a very unique player. To me he's got a lot of Shaun Livingston in his game before Livingston went down with that catastrophic knee injury. I don't think he's strongly in the mix for the No. 1 pick, but if he went in the Top 5 I wouldn't be shocked. NBA teams LOVE big point guards and I think he's going to prove to be a better shooter than he's shown at Syracuse this year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Marcus Smart is our guy. Not sure we can get him though. He can guard most SGs and we can put Burks or Hayward on PGs if need be.
    I still also like Anthony Bennett. Another guy out of our reach.

I would trade out Millsap and Al Jeffs to drop a bit in the standings this year. Unless one of those guys is in the long-term plans.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Here are comments from Chad Ford on Marcus Smart - note the reference to Chauncey Billups...

NBA body/strength. Great size for a point guard. Very good passer. Excellent defender. Just a natural leader at his position. If he was a better shooter, he'd be a Top 5 pick. Still not convinced he won't be a Top 5 pick anyway when the dust settles on draft day. Love the Chauncey Billups comparisons.

Here are comments from Chad Ford on Carter-Williams - note the Shaun Livingston reference...

He's a very unique player. To me he's got a lot of Shaun Livingston in his game before Livingston went down with that catastrophic knee injury. I don't think he's strongly in the mix for the No. 1 pick, but if he went in the Top 5 I wouldn't be shocked. NBA teams LOVE big point guards and I think he's going to prove to be a better shooter than he's shown at Syracuse this year.
    Having a big point guard is a little overrated right now. And that comes from the fact three of the current big PGs have freakish athleticism never seen at the position before (Rose, Westbrook, and Wall). Those that don't have their athletic gifts will not fare any better in the NBA than a 6'0" PG - whether it be on offense or defense.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    This draft is looking worse and worse. I don't think the Jazz will be missing out on a whole lot drafting around 17 (current pick). MCW is currently 8th and Burke is 18 at DX, and I think you could safely reverse them and no one would notice or care. You need a top 3 pick to even have a hope at getting an all star. And even the long standing top 3 (Bazz, Noel, Cody) is looking a little flaky.

A nugget from Chad Ford on Ben Mclemore:

"I spoke with five different GMs this week who told me they'd take him No. 1," wrote Chad Ford. "McLemore has been the best college player I've watched this season. I love him. A great combination of athleticism, length, shooting ability, ball handling and defense. He has the chance to be a very special player at a position that's been very weak over the last five years."
    Interesting. Pretty much my take on him from the few minutes of video I've seen. Am I better than PKM at this evaluation of talent thing?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Interesting. Pretty much my take on him from the few minutes of video I've seen. Am I better than PKM at this evaluation of talent thing?
    I'm sure you could blind squirrel it at some point.

I still Like Trey for the Jazz.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Hey it's Gyp acting like Wes. Coincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Having a big point guard is a little overrated right now. And that comes from the fact three of the current big PGs have freakish athleticism never seen at the position before (Rose, Westbrook, and Wall). Those that don't have their athletic gifts will not fare any better in the NBA than a 6'0" PG - whether it be on offense or defense.
    I'm not sure I agree with this. Guards like DWill and Chauncey still make or made a living overpowering other PGs. Jason Kidd didn't have elite athleticism, but his size helped his court vision and rebounding. Even Steph Curry is 6'3" and it helps him get his shot off. Extra height normally helps and doesn't hurt.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What do you all think of Olynyk with the 2nd first round pick (assumine he goes pro this year)? Not really a sexy pick but everytime I see him... he just looks like a pro. Just a skilled big guy that reminds me of the the types of a bigger Luis Scola (maybe its the long hair?). Just a smart big who plays hard and isn't a stiff. I also think he could play both the 4 and the 5 so seems like he would be a good 3rd big for late in the first round.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mr. Burke playing on ESPN tonight at 5 PM MST

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just sit back and let MCW wow you.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Just sit back and let MCW wow you.

Yeah, that's good stuff. His length disguises some of his quickness. He's actually a pretty elite athlete. I doubt Iguodala or Rudy Gay could make that look much prettier.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah that's good stuff. Hayward can't throw it down like that and he is 3 inches taller than MCW and fairly athletic.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I'm sure you could blind squirrel it at some point.

I still Like Trey for the Jazz.
    Really? Not too short/slow/lazy?
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up