Page 188 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 17788
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Here is just a thought for everyone, but do we need a pass first PG?

Hear me out. Watching this team over the last couple of years has showed me a few things. One of those things is that the offense runs about 1,000,000 times better when Hayward is running it. Lately Hayward has displayed a very robust offensive games that helps his passing even more.

My point in all of this is that maybe we don't need a PG that needs the ball in his hands a lot. Maybe he doesn't need to be the best pass first PG in the draft. Instead I propose that the Jazz look for a PG that has a reliable outside shot but that can also play average or above average defense.

Thoughts?
    This is the way of the future in my opinion. You need a couple of creators on offense but they don't need to be PG's. IMO we need to evaluate PG as defenders first and everything else second.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Totally. I think many here are more grasping at straws and have almost already forgotten what it's like to have a true PG rather than someone who can simply handle the ball, make a few drives, and make a few passes.
    Yeah, exactly. I can understand not needing a pass-first PG in theory, then I think about what our offense has been like with Harris and Mo and...bleh. Mo has been better, obviously, and I think we could be okay with the kind of PG orange described...but at the same time, if we can get our hands on a true PG, I'd rather do that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We need a LEADER.
    We need a PG with a strong bbIQ.
    A PG that can read a defense, get into the gaps, and have the vision to make the pass in traffic.
    A PG that is not a liability on defense.
    ServIceable shot.

So I'm less concerned with them being a lockdown defender or dead-eye shot, as much as I am the first three items listed above.
    I think you're describing a younger more athletic Tinsley....
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Remember how last year's draft was supposed to be great? It's early, but it's not looking so great. There are only a few rookies showing the ability to impact the league--Davis, Beal, Lillard, MKG, Drummond, Ross... ?? Festus? Shved?

Remember the debate over Terrence Jones, Perry Jones III, Jeremy Lamb and Quincy Miller? A lot of good that did.
    Last edited by Catchall; 01-25-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    I think you're describing a younger more athletic Tinsley....
    Sounds good to me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Remember how last year's draft was supposed to be great? It's early, but it's not looking so great. There are only a few rookies showing the ability to impact in the league--Davis, Beal, Lillard, MKG, Drummond, Ross... ?? Festus? Shved?

Remember the debate over Terrence Jones, Perry Jones III, Jeremy Lamb and Quincy Miller? A lot of good that did.
    It was more touted for depth than super stars. Too early to tell in that case.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I never pay any attention to if it's a weak or strong draft, the experts are almost always wrong in that respect.

I think they feel like they have to say its weak or strong to get people's attention. You never hear them say it's an average draft, which on average most drafts are.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    I never pay any attention to if it's a weak or strong draft, the experts are almost always wrong in that respect.

I think they feel like they have to say its weak or strong to get people's attention. You never hear them say it's an average draft, which on average most drafts are.
    They're saying this one is average.

Just sayin.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Remember how last year's draft was supposed to be great? It's early, but it's not looking so great. There are only a few rookies showing the ability to impact the league--Davis, Beal, Lillard, MKG, Drummond, Ross... ?? Festus? Shved?

Dont forget Dion Waiters. He is actually having a better year than a lot of those guys. He'll probably end up 3rd in rookie of the year voting. He is pretty good.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They're saying this one is average.

Just sayin.
    I never pay any attention to if it's an average draft or not, the experts are almost always wrong in that respect.

I think they feel like they have to say its average just so people don't call them wrong afterwards. You always hear them say it's an average draft, which on average most drafts are.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I never pay any attention to if it's an average draft or not, the experts are almost always wrong in that respect.

I think they feel like they have to say its average just so people don't call them wrong afterwards. You always hear them say it's an average draft, which on average most drafts are.
    Cheater.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Give it two more years first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Come again?
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ^^ "the Jazz aren't well-defined enough"

Amen
    I can admit I'm usually a dick and cynical but the following is an honest question. With Ty, are we ever gonna be "well-defined enough"?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    I can admit I'm usually a dick and cynical but the following is an honest question. With Ty, are we ever gonna be "well-defined enough"?
    Pure cynic. And to answer the question, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?