Page 220 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 17788
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I just came here to say, Isaiah Austin. Isaiah Austin. Isaiah Austin. Trade both picks for him.

i believe this is one of the only ways we can still use the GSW pick to get a more valuable asset than Harrison Barnes.
    (whom we wouldent have gotten anyway[nor lillard], some should learn up on the fallacy of the pre-determined outcome)

do you see the beautiful arc and soft touch Austin shoots with?!?!... leading the big 12 in rebs(and orebs)... plus look at his body in a time progression from year to year since he showed up in HS (definitely a hard worker)

Next years big Rotation; 28~ mins for Favors, Sap, and Kanter, 12 for Austin... Follow Him on Twitter @IsaiahAustin 1 glance at that page and youd know hed be a great addition to the squad and would never complain or be discouraged one bit by PT

i cant imagine anyone who likes the game of memo wouldn't be drooling over this kids talent/skill-set/attitude
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Isaiah-Austin-5773/

visit my Alec Burks thread!! im looking for feedback on burks vs this years PG class. This will be my only post outside of my thread(so take your best shot, i will not rebut... will continue lurking though).

P.S. i hate that shabazz vid, but, he will learn(someone will mike singletary his vernon davis.. nomsayin?). Regardless, hes a far superior prospect to Ben McLemore. Shabazz has that james harden lefty thing going

Edit; Just heard this during the baylor game, should be uh, polarizing. if you hold this against the kid shame on you. Isaiah Austin's godfather is none other than our headcoach, Tyrone Corbin
    Last edited by PointGod_AlecBurks; 02-09-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Warning: Patting self on back .. again.

I have warned against this for a year now. Immense talent that's been told he's the man for years and he's not a team guy. He may get there, but he's never been that to this point.
    Warning: Patting self on back

OTTO ****ING PORTER.

**** a PG trade up and get this guy.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    On the Shabazz vs. McLemore debate, I take Shabazz. I love McLemore, but I think his approach to the game is a little too cerebral/role player-esque to ever be #1 guy on a team. However, I think he could be a 16-18 ppg, cornerstone guy on a contender.

It looks like Shabazz has a **** attitude. However, I think the "me-first" mentality can be weeded out of guys after a few humbling experiences. The same has been said about a number of NBA superstars who eventually won rings (I remember under-25 Kobe waving off a ball screen from Karl Malone in the All-Star game). He's got an NBA-ready game a killer's mentality. He's the one guy I see in this draft that has the look of a franchise player.

Having said that, Marcus Smart is fast becoming my favorite player in this draft. Certainly the most NBA-ready along with Shabazz, and the draft's best two-way player (...not sure Noel ever averages more than 10 ppg). I'm starting to look at him as less of a tweener and more of a guy who can play both guard spots offensively and guard 1-3 on the other end (...he eats Big 12 PG's alive defensively). His ballhandling needs to improve if he's a true NBA point guard, but the same was once said of Russell Westbrook. He turned out alright.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike View Post
    On the Shabazz vs. McLemore debate, I take Shabazz. I love McLemore, but I think his approach to the game is a little too cerebral/role player-esque to ever be #1 guy on a team. However, I think he could be a 16-18 ppg, cornerstone guy on a contender.

It looks like Shabazz has a **** attitude. However, I think the "me-first" mentality can be weeded out of guys after a few humbling experiences. The same has been said about a number of NBA superstars who eventually won rings (I remember under-25 Kobe waving off a ball screen from Karl Malone in the All-Star game). He's got an NBA-ready game a killer's mentality. He's the one guy I see in this draft that has the look of a franchise player.

Having said that, Marcus Smart is fast becoming my favorite player in this draft. Certainly the most NBA-ready along with Shabazz, and the draft's best two-way player (...not sure Noel ever averages more than 10 ppg). I'm starting to look at him as less of a tweener and more of a guy who can play both guard spots offensively and guard 1-3 on the other end (...he eats Big 12 PG's alive defensively). His ballhandling needs to improve if he's a true NBA point guard, but the same was once said of Russell Westbrook. He turned out alright.
    I like how you think.
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My draft board still has Anthony Bennett and Marcus Smart pretty high. I like going with the physical superiority meme.

Will check out Isaiah Austin and Otto Porter again.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Isiah Austin is really good. Don't really like that he shoots from the perimeter as much as he does with his elite size and length.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm not that high on Austin and have been following him for 3 years already. He has some awesome tools, but he's incredibly soft..

I didn't say that quite right .. what I mean to say is Austin should be a very unique player in the league that will have some real value. I just think sometimes guys that get hyped because they're tall and can shoot get overrated in a hurry. So, I think he'll be good, but it's his versatility more than his 3pt shot, for me.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike View Post

Bazz could possibly be good enough that the 'tude is okay.. I've always just said it's something to watch.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PointGod_AlecBurks View Post
    I just came here to say, Isaiah Austin. Isaiah Austin. Isaiah Austin. Trade both picks for him.

i believe this is one of the only ways we can still use the GSW pick to get a more valuable asset than Harrison Barnes.
    (whom we wouldent have gotten anyway[nor lillard], some should learn up on the fallacy of the pre-determined outcome)

do you see the beautiful arc and soft touch Austin shoots with?!?!... leading the big 12 in rebs(and orebs)... plus look at his body in a time progression from year to year since he showed up in HS (definitely a hard worker)

Next years big Rotation; 28~ mins for Favors, Sap, and Kanter, 12 for Austin... Follow Him on Twitter @IsaiahAustin 1 glance at that page and youd know hed be a great addition to the squad and would never complain or be discouraged one bit by PT

i cant imagine anyone who likes the game of memo wouldn't be drooling over this kids talent/skill-set/attitude
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Isaiah-Austin-5773/

visit my Alec Burks thread!! im looking for feedback on burks vs this years PG class. This will be my only post outside of my thread(so take your best shot, i will not rebut... will continue lurking though).

P.S. i hate that shabazz vid, but, he will learn(someone will mike singletary his vernon davis.. nomsayin?). Regardless, hes a far superior prospect to Ben McLemore. Shabazz has that james harden lefty thing going

Edit; Just heard this during the baylor game, should be uh, polarizing. if you hold this against the kid shame on you. Isaiah Austin's godfather is none other than our headcoach, Tyrone Corbin
    tl;dr, but I would be down for trading both our picks for a top 8 pick .. so yeah.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I worry about the lack of strength and toughness with Austin. His shooting stroke should help him stick better than Anthony Randolph. But he looks like a more skilled version of Channing Frye to me. It's too early to write him off, but I'm not sure he's worth picking when we already have quality bigs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    I worry about the lack of strength and toughness with Austin. His shooting stroke should help him stick better than Anthony Randolph. But he looks like a more skilled version of Channing Frye to me. It's too early to write him off, but I'm not sure he's worth picking when we already have quality bigs.
    Much better than Frye. I'm not huge on Austin either, but don't compare him to Frye and Randolph.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yes. I hope I was clear. I think Austin will be good. It may take him a few years because he's a little weak, thinks he's a SG, and needs major maturing.

Again, I'm just always cautious when people hype a kid because he's tall and falls in love with outside shots. Nawtimean?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The main problem with Austin is that he looks like he will break in half with a strong gust of wind.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sgjazzfan View Post
    The main problem with Austin is that he looks like he will break in half with a strong gust of wind.
    Kanter would break something just leaning into him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Kanter would break something just leaning into him.
    You are a mother ****ing perv.
    #dumptruckin