Page 222 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 17788
  1. #3316
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,453
    Total Rep Points
    44291
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    lol
    #lol

  2. #3317
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,329
    Total Rep Points
    6745
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Okay, seriously though. I think BJ Young looks like a good prospect as a player. NBA player. Players.

  3. #3318
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,410
    Total Rep Points
    6306
    Rep Adjustment Power
    38
    I do not care what PG we get in the draft as long as they can play some defense. Our backcourt defense is HORRIBLE. I hope none of our PGs are back next year. Draft Burke/Smart/MCW/BJ Young/Kabango, as long as Tinsley and Watson are gone.

  4. #3319
    One Love - One Heart ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,056
    Total Rep Points
    23658
    Rep Adjustment Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    I do not care what PG we get in the draft as long as they can play some defense. Our backcourt defense is HORRIBLE. I hope none of our PGs are back next year. Draft Burke/Smart/MCW/BJ Young/Kabango, as long as Tinsley and Watson are gone.
    Someone suggested we get 2 and let them fight it out. Not sounding like a bad idea right now...
    2014CurrentDraftChampion

    2014AllTimeDraftRunner-Up

  5. #3320
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,346
    Total Rep Points
    49646
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I'm still for drafting bpa .. and don't like the idea of drafting two of them .. unless they're damn close to bpa anyway.
    #dumptruckin

  6. #3321
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,956
    Total Rep Points
    3424
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    One sleeper point guard prospect that I really like is Nate Wolters from South Dakota St. Wolters is 6'4 and 193 lbs, he is a senior and his averages on the year are 22.2 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 5.5 APG, and 1.8 SPG. Granted he is from South Dakota St., but those are very good numbers and his team is tied for first-place in the Summit Conference and if they can win their conference tournament they will be in the NCAA Tournament. The best team they have played is currently ranked #15 New Mexico and they did beat them 70-65, in that game Wolters had 28 pts off of (9-15) shooting from the field, 7 asts, and 5 rebs. Wolters had one of the best games of his life on Thursday beating IPFW 80-74, he had 53 pts off of (17-28) from the field including (9-14) from three and 4 rebs, 3 asts. Wolters is pretty athletic and can definitely shoot the ball, plus he is averaging 5.5 assists per game which isn't bad, needs to improve on his quickness a little bit though. Jazz currently have #18, #22, and #48 according to nbadraft.net and their mock draft(updated two days ago) has Wolters going #36. It will be interesting to see if his draft stock rises enough for him to be a late-first round pick or if he stays a consistent second-round pick in the 35-50 area.

  7. #3322
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,346
    Total Rep Points
    49646
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingbutnet View Post
    One sleeper point guard prospect that I really like is Nate Wolters from South Dakota St. Wolters is 6'4 and 193 lbs, he is a senior and his averages on the year are 22.2 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 5.5 APG, and 1.8 SPG. Granted he is from South Dakota St., but those are very good numbers and his team is tied for first-place in the Summit Conference and if they can win their conference tournament they will be in the NCAA Tournament. The best team they have played is currently ranked #15 New Mexico and they did beat them 70-65, in that game Wolters had 28 pts off of (9-15) shooting from the field, 7 asts, and 5 rebs. Wolters had one of the best games of his life on Thursday beating IPFW 80-74, he had 53 pts off of (17-28) from the field including (9-14) from three and 4 rebs, 3 asts. Wolters is pretty athletic and can definitely shoot the ball, plus he is averaging 5.5 assists per game which isn't bad, needs to improve on his quickness a little bit though. Jazz currently have #18, #22, and #48 according to nbadraft.net and their mock draft(updated two days ago) has Wolters going #36. It will be interesting to see if his draft stock rises enough for him to be a late-first round pick or if he stays a consistent second-round pick in the 35-50 area.
    I don't see Nate taken in the 1st round. Maybe a low risk/high reward guy in the 2nd.
    #dumptruckin

  8.  

     

  9. #3323
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,729
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I don't see Nate taken in the 1st round. Maybe a low risk/high reward guy in the 2nd.
    I would love to give this guy a chance. He certainly can't be wise than what we are seeing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  10. #3324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,956
    Total Rep Points
    3424
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I don't see Nate taken in the 1st round. Maybe a low risk/high reward guy in the 2nd.
    Stranger things have happened, Jimmer got drafted in the top-10.

    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I would love to give this guy a chance. He certainly can't be wise than what we are seeing right now.
    I agree, honestly at the end of the year if his draft stock is late-first round pick to early second-round pick and the GS pick is in the 25-30 range I wouldn't mind taking the chance on him.

  11. #3325
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,729
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingbutnet View Post
    Stranger things have happened, Jimmer got drafted in the top-10.



    I agree, honestly at the end of the year if his draft stock is late-first round pick to early second-round pick and the GS pick is in the 25-30 range I wouldn't mind taking the chance on him.
    I'd rather try and use one of our vets that will not be on the team and try and move up into the early 2nd round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  12. #3326
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,729
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    If the Jazz added WCS, Saric and Wolters through the draft I would forgive the team for putting me through the last 2.5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  13. #3327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,956
    Total Rep Points
    3424
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    If he is there at #48, that would be perfect, but I should have specified better, if Smart, MCW, Burke, McCollum, and Kabongo are somehow all taken at #22 assuming we got a small forward at #18 then you have to consider reaching for Wolters maybe. In reality the point guard that will be there at #18 that I would love the Jazz to take is C.J. McCollum or Burke might fall or the Jazz might slip into the lottery then there is a good chance for Burke and maybe even MCW.

  14. #3328
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,956
    Total Rep Points
    3424
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Jazz need to get McCollum with their pick or Kabongo with the GS pick, assuming Burke isn't there or the Jazz start losing and end up in the lottery.

  15. #3329
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,434
    Total Rep Points
    2225
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    After watching the McCollum highlights, I thought he looked pretty good... granted anyone looks good in highlights.

  16. #3330
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,956
    Total Rep Points
    3424
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    After watching the McCollum highlights, I thought he looked pretty good... granted anyone looks good in highlights.
    Any two player combination of Smart, MCW, Burke, McCollum, Kabongo and Porter, Poythress, McAdoo, Mitchell, Saric would be a really good draft for the Jazz.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •