Page 338 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438838 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 17788
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Well that's KIND OF what I'm saying. I guess I'm saying his performance in the tourney isn't going to be as important as people are going to get so hard about his size and athleticism nearer to the actual draft and boost him no matter where he sits after the tournament, good or bad.
    I see, read it completely wrong for some reason. You are probably right. I just don't see Oladipo getting drafted before Smart, Porter, Shabazz, or McLemore. I would say he is probably going to be the 5th non-big drafted. Depending on how many teams want a big man, that will determine where Oladipo will go (unless he has a crazy tourney, then I suppose he could surpass McLemore).

Rep Level
    I see someone like Isiah Austin really shooting up the draft into the top 5 after the combine. Dude is just too big and too skilled not to.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I see, read it completely wrong for some reason. You are probably right. I just don't see Oladipo getting drafted before Smart, Porter, Shabazz, or McLemore. I would say he is probably going to be the 5th non-big drafted. Depending on how many teams want a big man, that will determine where Oladipo will go (unless he has a crazy tourney, then I suppose he could surpass McLemore).
    Definitely agree... even though I think he'll have a great tourney.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Rep Level
    I see someone like Isiah Austin really shooting up the draft into the top 5 after the combine. Dude is just too big and too skilled not to.
    Agree with this as well. Some of the mocks are nuts that have him mid-first. I see Austin going 6/7.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    When I say oh, you say lay

When I say Dee, you say poe

oh

Rep Level
    One of my friends on facebook posted a link to something about Michigan basketball and said "GO BLUE!!!"

So I commented, "tell the Jazz to draft Burke" and he replied "Burke is too short to play in the NBA."

Lol, why is everyone so obsessed with the height of their PG? I think there can be advantages to your PG being big, but it's far from the deciding factor of whether or not their game will translate. This gave me hope that maybe MCW really will go before Burke. Maybe McCollum, too.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    I scouted four games (vs Arizona, Missouri, Washington, Oregon St.) of Shabazz Muhammad to get a better idea of how he scores the ball. The stats show he has a very well rounded scoring game. Here is where his offense comes from:

Spot up 3-pointers: ~29% of total points scored

Free throws: ~17% of total points scored

Low post up moves: ~13% of total points scored

Fast break opportunities: ~13% of total points scored

High post moves: ~11% of total points scored

Mid range spot up jumpers: ~6% of total points scored

Drives: ~4% of total points scored

Offensive put-back's: ~4%

Alley-oop dunks: ~2% of total points scored

Shabazz seems to be a really underrated 3-point shooter. It's where he gets the majority of his points from, and in these games he shot 64% (9/14) on spot up 3's. On the season he's shooting 42% on 3.5 attempts per game from 3.

Another area that really stood out was his ability to score out of the high post. 11% of his offense came here, but the more impressive thing was that he shot 71% from the high post (post moves outside of 10 feet is how I measured it). It's a small sample size, but I do believe he has an elite post game for a perimeter player his age.

He aslo scores out of the low post, and gets to the FT line at a great rate like any good scorer should.

The main thing missing from his scoring arsenal is his ability to take his man off the dribble. But, he's better at it than the 4% would suggest, cause sometimes he would drive, then be met by another defender and end up shooting a jump hook out of the low/high post, so I counted the points in those categories.

He scores all over the court, both within the flow of the offense (coming of screens for spot up jumpers etc.) and by creating his own shot. If he ever improves his handle the way he improved his 3-pointer (that was one of the nocks on his game coming out of high school), then watch out.
    Interesting take. In the NBA those jump hooks will be getting blocked or highly altered though. If he doesn't become a better passer it could kill him.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Interesting take. In the NBA those jump hooks will be getting blocked or highly altered though. If he doesn't become a better passer it could kill him.
    In the low post he'll get blocked more, if NBA bigs are around, but not in the high post. He's bigger than any NBA SG not named Kobe Bryant, if that is the position he ends up playing.

Rep Level
    I'm going to watch the UK/Florida game Friday because I really want to see what is up with Poythress and WCS. Poythress lack of production is mind boggling.

Rep Level
    I'm going to watch the UK/Florida game Friday because I really want to see what is up with Poythress and WCS. Poythress lack of production is mind boggling.
    *Saturday.

Poythress simply isn't the aggressor. He usually has one good quarter and three that he's passive. Frustrating... and not something that usually fixes itself.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    *Saturday.

Poythress simply isn't the aggressor. He usually has one good quarter and three that he's passive. Frustrating... and not something that usually fixes itself.
    Sounds like a Jazzman.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Sounds like a Jazzman.
    Haha........

CJ was aggressive. He was aggressively chucking up 3's!!!!!
    KkKkkKKkkkKkKkkKKKkkkKkkkKkk

#LoveYourNeighbourHOOD

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Agree with this as well. Some of the mocks are nuts that have him mid-first. I see Austin going 6/7.
    This is Chad Ford. Not saying I agree with it...

Patrick (Dallas)
    Should Isaiah Austin stay one more year for Baylor?

Chad Ford (1:10 PM)
    I think so. He needs to add strength. Has struggled with his shot and NBA teams don't know who he'll guard at the next level. He's not ready and I don't think he's been looked at as a lottery pick for months. More of a mid to late first round guy now.

Rep Level
    Separately, Chad Ford thinks that if Burke had more athleticism, he'd remind people of Chris Paul. Sounds like a conversation we were having. The only concern with Burke is size and jets.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Separately, Chad Ford thinks that if Burke had more athleticism, he'd remind people of Chris Paul. Sounds like a conversation we were having. The only concern with Burke is size and jets.
    Is Paul really that much more athletic than Burke? I think he's a bit quicker, but I'm not sure their overall athleticism is that different.