Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Exactly. BYU does not need money. It's more what the money means then anything else.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    Exactly. BYU does not need money. It's more what the money means then anything else.
    Yup, and the fact that byu gets next to nothing shows what they are worth to ESPN, they provide cheap programming and nothing else.

Good for byu that they can afford to take such little money, but any delusions coug fans had about being an ESPN brand have to die at this point.

They are just a team that will play anytime, anywhere, for next to nothing to fill programming voids for the network.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Yup, and the fact that byu gets next to nothing shows what they are worth to ESPN, they provide cheap programming and nothing else.

Good for byu that they can afford to take such little money, but any delusions coug fans had about being an ESPN brand have to die at this point.

They are just a team that will play anytime, anywhere, for next to nothing to fill programming voids for the network.
    I wonder how much Utah would get from ESPN. Oh ya, duh zero. lol at little bro.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    I wonder how much Utah would get from ESPN. Oh ya, duh zero. lol at little bro.
    Who is the Pac12 contract with? FOX & ESPN

How much? 3 billion over 12 years. Divided by 12 schools is 250 million per school. Divide again by 12 is 20.8 million per year. (Even if Utah is only 25% of that number initially it's still more than BYU's deal)

BYU has better exposure though now with their deal but the money isn't even close.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Exactly. How do you sell that to your fans that you didn't join the Big "12" and promoted independence but now you're the prodigal son returning home to the MWC? The appeal of a conference is great, but not if it's a half-ass conference like the MWC. For the sake of good football, I had hoped that BYU would join the Big "12" because it's really hard to work up enough energy to smack talk when they're playing Idaho or New Mexico State in November. The same would apply with a Colorado State or Wyoming game.
    I swear if BYU goes back to the MWC, I'm going to be really freaking pissed and disappointed. Going back to the MWC would be a HUGE step backward. If it's truly about "exposure", independence is the answer. Going back to the MWC would mean we were all fed a bunch of horse **** by BYU and the down right lied to us.
    Getting out of the MWC was the right move. I think going to the Big 12 would be the right move, even if it means having to give up some of their rights to home games via the vaunted BYUtv network. If that's the sticking point with the Big 12 and they lose out, that's a true travesty.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Let's get real--at this point in time BYU to the MWC is not even a rumor. The rumor is simply that BYU was having *discussions* with them, not that anything was coming of the discussions. Why wouldn't they be talking to any/all conferences that are interested in them? And even that much may not be true (one source, uncorroborated).
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My goal for tomorrow is to use the word "uncorroborated" in a sentence during at least three separate conversations.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    I swear if BYU goes back to the MWC, I'm going to be really freaking pissed and disappointed. Going back to the MWC would be a HUGE step backward. If it's truly about "exposure", independence is the answer. Going back to the MWC would mean we were all fed a bunch of horse **** by BYU and the down right lied to us.
    Getting out of the MWC was the right move. I think going to the Big 12 would be the right move, even if it means having to give up some of their rights to home games via the vaunted BYUtv network. If that's the sticking point with the Big 12 and they lose out, that's a true travesty.
    Best post in this whole thread so far.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My goal for tomorrow is to use the word "uncorroborated" in a sentence during at least three separate conversations.
    I predict udder and complete failure! Yes, UDDER!
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    I predict udder and complete failure! Yes, UDDER!
    You're still missing a word in your Vizzini quote.
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If you do be sure to have a friend get some evidence. Because if you don't, well it would just be...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    You're still missing a word in your Vizzini quote.
    I looked it up again, and the innerwebz say you added the "in". FYI

I should have watched that part again when I saw it on TV last night.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Even if with the re-vamped MWC and the potential of an auto bid to a BCS game if you win the conference?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Who is the Pac12 contract with? FOX & ESPN

How much? 3 billion over 12 years. Divided by 12 schools is 250 million per school. Divide again by 12 is 20.8 million per year. (Even if Utah is only 25% of that number initially it's still more than BYU's deal)

BYU has better exposure though now with their deal but the money isn't even close.
    None of that is attributed to Utah though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    Even if with the re-vamped MWC and the potential of an auto bid to a BCS game if you win the conference?
    Yes

Because 99 % of games in Football and Basketball are worthless in the MWC. Sure, you have those weeks when you play San Diego St. or Boise St. But there are farrrr too many trips to the states of Wyoming, New Mexico, and Colorado.

I'd rather watch the Cougars lose and fall into the bottom of their Big 12 standings ala Little Brother than watch them actually compete in the MWC and "bust" the BCS. Would Utah fans come back into the MWC if the Pac-12 and MWC were given equal opportunity to send someone to a big bowl game? Of course not, because the bowl game is one game while the reg. season is many. Lets face it, Utah fans aren't showing up to watch Utah play. They're watching USC and the other big boys come play. Why? Because it's fun! Would you rather watch USC kick your butt or watch your team beat down Wyoming? The answer is obvious.

Give me months and months of pure sporting pleasure through an awesome Football reg. season, an even better hoops reg. season, and months of showing them southern folk what Provo life be like (exposure!) than watch Wyoming blasted by 30+ here or travel up into -30 degree temperatures to watch BYU play in a HS stadium.
    Lakers Suck.