Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    I looked it up again, and the innerwebz say you added the "in". FYI

I should have watched that part again when I saw it on TV last night.
    The innerwebz is wrong.

http://movieclips.com/FXbZ-the-princ...s-on-the-line/

Look at 3:05.

I expect multiple pos reps for this.
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    jazzspazz acting like a spaz and being completely exposed (again)? Wow, what a surprise...
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post

;-) (couldn't resist posting the clip)
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Yes

Because 99 % of games in Football and Basketball are worthless in the MWC. Sure, you have those weeks when you play San Diego St. or Boise St. But there are farrrr too many trips to the states of Wyoming, New Mexico, and Colorado.

I'd rather watch the Cougars lose and fall into the bottom of their Big 12 standings ala Little Brother than watch them actually compete in the MWC and "bust" the BCS. Would Utah fans come back into the MWC if the Pac-12 and MWC were given equal opportunity to send someone to a big bowl game? Of course not, because the bowl game is one game while the reg. season is many. Lets face it, Utah fans aren't showing up to watch Utah play. They're watching USC and the other big boys come play. Why? Because it's fun! Would you rather watch USC kick your butt or watch your team beat down Wyoming? The answer is obvious.

Give me months and months of pure sporting pleasure through an awesome Football reg. season, an even better hoops reg. season, and months of showing them southern folk what Provo life be like (exposure!) than watch Wyoming blasted by 30+ here or travel up into -30 degree temperatures to watch BYU play in a HS stadium.

You might feel this way but I bet most BYU fans would choose MWC. If both are given equal access to the BCS most fans would chose to see their team be 10-2 most years and play in a BCS than be .500 most years and maybe play in a BCS bowl game every 10-15 years. I personally see no way that BYU becomes an annual contender in good conference like the Big 12, SEC and the PAC-12. What do you BYU fans vote? Easy road and regular BCS bowl games or hard road with good teams and rarely to never playing in a BCS?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My vote is "hell no the MWC"

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    You might feel this way but I bet most BYU fans would choose MWC. If both are given equal access to the BCS most fans would chose to see their team be 10-2 most years and play in a BCS than be .500 most years and maybe play in a BCS bowl game every 10-15 years. I personally see no way that BYU becomes an annual contender in good conference like the Big 12, SEC and the PAC-12. What do you BYU fans vote? Easy road and regular BCS bowl games or hard road with good teams and rarely to never playing in a BCS?
    So basically BYU would become the Utah of the Big 12 Because, Utah cannot compete and will not compete. It's pretty damn obvious. Add in the other sports? Like Basketball? BYU could actually compete in the Big 12 in hoops. Utah? Will be lucky to stay within 20 points against a pretty weak Basketball conference, the Pac-12.

Yet...

No Utah fan would trade sucking in the Pac to competing in the MWC. No one regrets the decision to jump ship from dominating the MWC to sucking in the Pac-12. If the "easier road" was really the priority, then why wouldn't Utah fans jump ship and join the MWC luxury cruise? Instead of having to go through Stanford, USC, Oregon, Az schools, etc. they could just go through crappy MWC schools. right? Yet, no one from up north is wanting this. So why would BYU fans?

Utah and BYU fans are not that much different.

By far, most BYU fans would prefer being a bottom four Big 12 school in Football than being a top 3 MWC school.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So basically BYU would become the Utah of the Big 12 Because, Utah cannot compete and will not compete. It's pretty damn obvious. Add in the other sports? Like Basketball? BYU could actually compete in the Big 12 in hoops. Utah? Will be lucky to stay within 20 points against a pretty weak Basketball conference, the Pac-12.

Yet...

No Utah fan would trade sucking in the Pac to competing in the MWC. No one regrets the decision to jump ship from dominating the MWC to sucking in the Pac-12. If the "easier road" was really the priority, then why wouldn't Utah fans jump ship and join the MWC luxury cruise? Instead of having to go through Stanford, USC, Oregon, Az schools, etc. they could just go through crappy MWC schools. right? Yet, no one from up north is wanting this. So why would BYU fans?

Utah and BYU fans are not that much different.

By far, most BYU fans would prefer being a bottom four Big 12 school in Football than being a top 3 MWC school.
    Have BYU fans gained the "little brother" identity. Apparently when you talk about BYU all they can do is bring up Utah and try to bag on them. Its like how the Utah fans were through the 80's and 90's.

I am not a fan of either Utah or BYU but I disagree with your assessment of what most fans would want but that just my opinion. I think most BYU fans dont care that much about other sports except basketball when the are good but only when they are good, and would cast aside all other sports if it was better for their football team. I think BYU fans would prefer going to regular BCS games rather than not and what ever conference gets them there great. But it is all just my opinion as is yours. My assessment of fans is based on anecdotal evidence just as yours is.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    Have BYU fans gained the "little brother" identity. Apparently when you talk about BYU all they can do is bring up Utah and try to bag on them. Its like how the Utah fans were through the 80's and 90's.

I am not a fan of either Utah or BYU but I disagree with your assessment of what most fans would want but that just my opinion. I think most BYU fans dont care that much about other sports except basketball when the are good but only when they are good, and would cast aside all other sports if it was better for their football team. I think BYU fans would prefer going to regular BCS games rather than not and what ever conference gets them there great. But it is all just my opinion as is yours. My assessment of fans is based on anecdotal evidence just as yours is.
    Huh?

BYU wouldn't be "casting aside" their other sports by joining the Big 12. Quite the opposite, really. Casting aside the "other sports" was what happened when they made the jump to Independence. Now, Dave Rose is forced to play in high school sized gyms.

Joining the Big 12 would not only be great for Football but great for the other sports too. Big arenas, better tv, and better recruiting.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Colton nailed it. The whole rumor is bogus, but the only thing that is appealing about it is that the BCS is going to give the highest rated non-bcs conference champion a 5th auto bid or something - which actually doesn't mean jack **** because you're already going to get in under that scenario anyway if you are rated high enough.

No need to get antsy about any conference maneuvering right now. 2013's schedule is beautiful. Just let the pieces fall where they may, continue to fix the things that are preventing BYU from winning games right now, and everything will work out in the end to BYU's advantage.
    Last edited by Duck Rodgers; 11-23-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise, in God I trust and am not afraid. What can man do to me?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    BYU wouldn't be "casting aside" their other sports by joining the Big 12. Quite the opposite, really. Casting aside the "other sports" was what happened when they made the jump to Independence. Now, Dave Rose is forced to play in high school sized gyms.
    Just signed the #16 basketball recruiting class in the country. Doesn't seem to have mattered to recruits. Granted, there is a certain Jabari Parker that's in Utah right now visiting BYU that would probably love it if BYU were in a better conference and BYU is going to need to land guys like that to take the next step. Hopefully he still comes.
    In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise, in God I trust and am not afraid. What can man do to me?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    The innerwebz is wrong.

http://movieclips.com/FXbZ-the-princ...s-on-the-line/

Look at 3:05.

I sure hope he/she sent you an apology in the form of a PM because I surely haven't seen him/her own it in this thread.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Who is the Pac12 contract with? FOX & ESPN

How much? 3 billion over 12 years. Divided by 12 schools is 250 million per school. Divide again by 12 is 20.8 million per year. (Even if Utah is only 25% of that number initially it's still more than BYU's deal)

BYU has better exposure though now with their deal but the money isn't even close.
    My point was more about what Utah would get from ESPN on their own. No question little bro is the master of coat-tailing and that's what they've done in the Pac12. Good on everyone there.

As you say, for BYU it's more about exposure and they have a lot right now.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree it's a lot to do about nothing. But one of Bronco's main pushes has always been access to a BCS bowl. Right now that means a tough schedule and losing maybe 1 game. It's the tough road but I like it that way. Ute fans are excited to get their trash kicked around by Oregon and Stanford every other year. Well, the way things are looking BYU will get that opportunity 4-5 times in one year.

So in terms of accessing the BCS I understand that reasoning. But I think you'd be spiting your face there too much.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    My point was more about what Utah would get from ESPN on their own. No question little bro is the master of coat-tailing and that's what they've done in the Pac12. Good on everyone there.

As you say, for BYU it's more about exposure and they have a lot right now.
    So they coat-tailed Colorado to get into the PAC12?.

I really like BYU's setup now. They have a horrible home schedule & a horrible QB this year. Their 2013 schedule looks a lot better though. All they need is a QB.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    So they coat-tailed Colorado to get into the PAC12?.
    No, I wouldn't go that far. But they are definitely coat-tailing the Pac12 in general. Just like they did with BYU. Utah cannot stand on their own. The majority of programs couldn't.