Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1319
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyjace View Post
    On the bright side... we replace Washington State and Cal with Oregon and Stanford on our schedule.

I love my season tickets the next two seasons.
    You like watching your team get their ass kicked?
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Oregon and Stanford. That's a good thing. I'd rather watch the Utes lose to quality opponents than run the table over a bunch of cupcakes every year.

Yes, we've struggled in the PAC12, but I don't see any reason to assume that those struggles are going to continue forever. For a true freshman, thrown into the fire, I thought Travis Wilson fared as well as can be expected. He has all the heart that Wynn didn't, plus skills. He will improve. Brian Johnson will mature and settle in. Whit will recruit to shore up the weaknesses in the offense, and to maintain a strong defense. I think every Ute fan wanted to believe that we would be an instant contender, but reality is a cruel master. That being said, there is a lot of reason for optimism.

/homersoapbox

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    Oregon and Stanford. That's a good thing. I'd rather watch the Utes lose to quality opponents than run the table over a bunch of cupcakes every year.

Yes, we've struggled in the PAC12, but I don't see any reason to assume that those struggles are going to continue forever. For a true freshman, thrown into the fire, I thought Travis Wilson fared as well as can be expected. He has all the heart that Wynn didn't, plus skills. He will improve. Brian Johnson will mature and settle in. Whit will recruit to shore up the weaknesses in the offense, and to maintain a strong defense. I think every Ute fan wanted to believe that we would be an instant contender, but reality is a cruel master. That being said, there is a lot of reason for optimism.

/homersoapbox
    I hope you're right. I want to see the Utes do well. I just don't share your optimism.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by leftyjace View Post
    No offense, but if you want to talk about BYU's quarterback, feel free to go into their thread. We have enough stress with the Utes. Don't need to waste time on them.
    Maybe you should check that thread. Way more Ute fans post in the BYU thread than BYU fans.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    Oregon and Stanford. That's a good thing. I'd rather watch the Utes lose to quality opponents
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    Maybe you should check that thread. Way more Ute fans post in the BYU thread than BYU fans.
    I realize that. And honestly, I think it's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by bronco70 View Post
    oregon and stanford. That's a good thing. I'd rather watch the utes lose to quality opponents than run the table over a bunch of cupcakes every year.

Yes, we've struggled in the pac12, but i don't see any reason to assume that those struggles are going to continue forever. For a true freshman, thrown into the fire, i thought travis wilson fared as well as can be expected. He has all the heart that wynn didn't, plus skills. He will improve. Brian johnson will mature and settle in. Whit will recruit to shore up the weaknesses in the offense, and to maintain a strong defense. I think every ute fan wanted to believe that we would be an instant contender, but reality is a cruel master. That being said, there is a lot of reason for optimism.

/homersoapbox
    this!

The only "sure" win Utah has on their schedule next year is Weber State. They'll most likely beat BYU and they get Utah State at home but neither game is a lock (especially the Utah State game). The conference schedule is going to be brutal. I believe Stanford is in SLC and Oregon is on the road.

I think next season is a BIG year for Whittingham and the Utah program. A poor showing next year and all hell could break loose.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzman12 View Post
    The only "sure" win Utah has on their schedule next year is Weber State. They'll most likely beat BYU and they get Utah State at home but neither game is a lock (especially the Utah State game). The conference schedule is going to be brutal. I believe Stanford is in SLC and Oregon is on the road.

I think next season is a BIG year for Whittingham and the Utah program. A poor showing next year and all hell could break loose.
    It might, but it shouldn't. Whit really is a good coach, and usually does well using the whole underdog thing. Wilson looks like he should be decent. I don't know what type of players you will have to replace Star and any other players that are gone, but Utah generally has pretty good players and athletes.

BYU should be better offensively and worse defensively. Like you said, could be a toss up game. If so, I give the edge to the Utes, they seem to win the close ones most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    I don't know what type of players you will have to replace Star and any other players that are gone, but Utah generally has pretty good players and athletes.
    Nobody is going to replace Star, but Junior Salt could fill the gap if he recovers from his injury. He was supposed to be next to Star this season until he broke his foot in camp.
    Rooting for The Tank is not rooting against the team; It's rooting for the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Nobody is going to replace Star, but Junior Salt could fill the gap if he recovers from his injury. He was supposed to be next to Star this season until he broke his foot in camp.
    Thanks for the info, I'll watch for the name.
    Don't hate me if I don't go out of my way though, just mildly curious.

How about the remaining Krugers? Is there only one left, or two and how long do they have left?

I know, lazy... I'm too lazy to look it up.

Thanks for the info, I'll watch for the name.
    Don't hate me if I don't go out of my way though, just mildly curious.

How about the remaining Krugers? Is there only one left, or two and how long do they have left?

I know, lazy... I'm too lazy to look it up.
    Joe Kruger is a junior so he should be back he's the DE 6'7"ish #99 and there is a younger brother, hadn't looked to see what grade or if he has committed to Utah.

Dave Kruger DT is the one that graduates this year

There are two more Krugers. One from Lone Peak and one at PG I think. Sent them both packing in the playoffs this year.

It might, but it shouldn't. Whit really is a good coach, and usually does well using the whole underdog thing. Wilson looks like he should be decent. I don't know what type of players you will have to replace Star and any other players that are gone, but Utah generally has pretty good players and athletes.

BYU should be better offensively and worse defensively. Like you said, could be a toss up game. If so, I give the edge to the Utes, they seem to win the close ones most of the time.
    Interested to see what's going to go on with BYU's coaching staff after the season. I heard Holmoe made some comments about a month ago in which he hinted at some chemistry issues with the staff that could be dealt with in the offseason. Could Doman be headed out the door?

Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    There are two more Krugers. One from Lone Peak and one at PG I think. Sent them both packing in the playoffs this year.
    That's really neat for you Conan. Congrats!