Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1319
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    I agree with almost everything you said, except for 1 thing...

If the offensive line was as bad as you say, John White wouldn't be headed to the NFL.

I agree the o line is a little thin. I don't think it's bad enough to justify a losing record though.

Same thing with the qbs. Hays and Wynn sucked, but Wilson is pretty good. He may not be the best qb in the conference, but he is not bad enough to justify a losing record. Especially on a team that has one of the best running backs and defenses in the conference.
    So now you are fighting to say that Utah is worse than these BYU fans think?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    So now you are fighting to say that Utah is worse than these BYU fans think?
    Actually the post you quoted is from me responding to a fellow Ute fan.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Utah would have lost to Montana State it would have counted as a loss, so it should definitely count as a win after they beat them.

Even so, if you don't even count the Montana State win, Utah still beat 4 other teams that went on to play in bowl games last season, including one if the teams in the Pac 12 championship game. This season, they only beat 1 team that is going to a bowl game (BYU). And that is playing an almost identical schedule as last season.

Huge step backwards, no other way to describe it.
    Salty changing his argument. What a surprise. You really are showing how desperate you are here.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    Salty changing his argument. What a surprise. You really are showing how desperate you are here.
    I didn't change anything. I just didn't accept your splitting hairs as valid, and showed why it isn't valid. My argument was, and still is, Utah took a step backwards from last year to this year. And if that is true (which it is) then Utah's troubles can't dining be written off as shock from adjusting to the new conference. If it was simply a problem adjusting to the new conference, then Utah would have struggled last season and got a little better this season, not the other way around.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If the offensive line was as bad as you say, John White wouldn't be headed to the NFL.
    A quality O line will open holes for the backs and provide QB protection. You have to do both.

Utah's O line is adequate for the former (plus, White is really good at exploiting even small gaps), but they seem to struggle with the latter. A top tier QB can help compensate, but that's the catch - you have to have a top tier QB.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This debate is getting bogged down in semantics. The bottom line is still this: When Utah finally has Pac 12 quality QB's, and Pac 12 talent and depth at all the O line spots, they will compete at a quality level. Until that day comes, they will struggle.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman12 View Post
    This debate is getting bogged down in semantics. The bottom line is still this: When Utah finally has Pac 12 quality QB's, and Pac 12 talent and depth at all the O line spots, they will compete at a quality level. Until that day comes, they will struggle.
    /thread.

Start the Utah 2013 thread now.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The last few pages of this thread make me regret learning how to read.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I didn't change anything. I just didn't accept your splitting hairs as valid, and showed why it isn't valid. My argument was, and still is, Utah took a step backwards from last year to this year. And if that is true (which it is) then Utah's troubles can't dining be written off as shock from adjusting to the new conference. If it was simply a problem adjusting to the new conference, then Utah would have struggled last season and got a little better this season, not the other way around.
    Whatever, Dude. I blasted your .500 argument totally out of the water and so you switched to something about bowl games.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    The last few pages of this thread make me regret learning how to read.
    There's a special place in heaven for that teacher.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Whatever, Dude. I blasted your .500 argument totally out of the water and so you switched to something about bowl games.
    You have to be .500 to make a bowl game, so it was the same argument.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There's a special place in heaven for that teacher.
    Mrs Swenson, 7th Grade.

I'm forever grateful.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman12 View Post
    It seems you are assuming that they will just automatically end up having pac 12 quality qb's and depth on the o-line and when that happens they will automatically compete at a quality level.

How low has washington state been in the pac 12? They should have pac 12 quality players by now and therefore should be competing at a quality level.

There is a possibility that utah will be at the bottom of the pac 12 for many years to come (not that i think that will be the case, but it is a possibility).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Mrs Swenson, 7th Grade.

I'm forever grateful.
    If not for her, you wouldn't even be here biffing links.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    A quality O line will open holes for the backs and provide QB protection. You have to do both.

Utah's O line is adequate for the former (plus, White is really good at exploiting even small gaps), but they seem to struggle with the latter. A top tier QB can help compensate, but that's the catch - you have to have a top tier QB.
    I totally agree. Where I disagree, is when someone says our o line is lacking talent so bad that it justifies a losing record.

If we have one of the leading running backs in the conference, or o line is good enough to finish .500 or better. I agree the o line is not the greatest, but it's still not horrible. It's decent.