Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    McNabb didn't know either.
    LOL - I was thinking that last night.

As far as ties go, the XFL had a good idea which I'd like to expand on....

At the end of OT, if the score is still tied, put all 45 active players from each team on their respective goal line and place the football on the 50 yard line. Then have a ref blow the whistle and the players from both teams charge the ball. Whoever has possession of the ball after 60 seconds is the winner.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    LOL - I was thinking that last night.

As far as ties go, the XFL had a good idea which I'd like to expand on....

At the end of OT, if the score is still tied, put all 45 active players from each team on their respective goal line and place the football on the 50 yard line. Then have a ref blow the whistle and the players from both teams charge the ball. Whoever has possession of the ball after 60 seconds is the winner.
    Did this ever happen? I'd love to see that mayhem.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    Did this ever happen? I'd love to see that mayhem.
    That's what they did to begin each game instead of a coin toss to determine who had first choice of possession.

Although it wasn't all 45 players, I think it was just the respective team's "scramblers"

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Something boggled my mind near the end of regulation of the Rams-Niners game. The Rams got a first down to set up a 1st and goal at the 4 yard line (or thereabouts) with about 1:13 left at which point they called a timeout. Down 21-17, I found this baffling. Why the hell do you call a timeout and leave more time on the clock for the Niners to go down and kick a field goal should you get the needed TD? Freakin' dumb as hell. How can head coaches be this dumb? No one was in a hurry. They could have called a play walked to the line and snapped the ball at about 45-50 seconds, and if they didn't score, call a timeout with 40 seconds left. It would then be 2nd down and they'd still have one timeout left. I felt this automatically gave the Niners an extra 20-30 seconds they shouldn't have had. God awful clock management that made Andy Reid proud.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Something boggled my mind near the end of regulation of the Rams-Niners game. The Rams got a first down to set up a 1st and goal at the 4 yard line (or thereabouts) with about 1:13 left at which point they called a timeout. Down 21-17, I found this baffling. Why the hell do you call a timeout and leave more time on the clock for the Niners to go down and kick a field goal should you get the needed TD? Freakin' dumb as hell. How can head coaches be this dumb? No one was in a hurry. They could have called a play walked to the line and snapped the ball at about 45-50 seconds, and if they didn't score, call a timeout with 40 seconds left. It would then be 2nd down and they'd still have one timeout left. I felt this automatically gave the Niners an extra 20-30 seconds they shouldn't have had. God awful clock management that made Andy Reid proud.
    Both teams served up the game on a silver platter and the other team failed to take advantage. Akers missed a FG that he normally makes. Rams missed FGs & piss poor clock management/special teams. It was a sloppy game.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    Both teams served up the game on a silver platter and the other team failed to take advantage. Akers missed a FG that he normally makes. Rams missed FGs & piss poor clock management/special teams. It was a sloppy game.
    None of that should even have occurred if Basic Time Management 101 Protocol was followed though. That's my whole point I guess.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    You haven't seen the Rams play, have you?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    What made it worse was no "expert"/analyst saying anything about it. Morans.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Fisher has really helped turn the team around, but I read a lot of comments from Titans fans about how Fisher's teams make sloppy mistakes that cost them games. So far, there have been two losses and one tie that can be attributed to that. If they could just clean up the details, this team could be a good young team. Instead, they leave tackles uncovered in formation, have too many false starts, and mismanage TO's. Still, it's been a better year than last year and as long as the Redskins keep losing, I really like the future.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    This was the first game I watched this year and I can't recall a team getting as many Delay of Game penalties.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Rams may be one strong #1 wr away from being a 10-6/11-5 team, no? Wideouts in the 1st are a very risky proposition...YB, would you want them to push hard for Greg Jennings who very likely won't be re-signing in GB?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Rams need more than one player Wes.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well that game was the end of Pat Shurmur's career. Went from complete domination to hopeless garbage. Didn't help that Ed Hochuli's crew gave Dallas 10 1st downs from penalties but you just can't coach a game any worse than that. And I thought this guy was good 3 weeks ago. He should have been fired during the bye.

There is a rumor (don't know if it has any legs) that Holmgren will coach the team next year. If it's true he ought to get off his ass yesterday and get down there.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Colts may have the worst special teams on the planet. And Luck needs to quit forcing things. Still, they are hanging in there with the Pats so far.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well they were hanging in there. Now they're just getting their asses handed to them. Oh well, it's not like I expected a lot out of this season anyway. Best for Luck to get all those rookie mistakes out of the way.