Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    #andrebrownhof

Shut up Ugli. I didnt know he is fragile. He could have been bad ass. O well. My new player I am hyping is David Wilson. He is going to the HOF fo sho. Probably going to be the best running back in the league.

When we do our Fantasy Football league next year, you better not pick him. I know you are already thinking about it. Im on to you. He is mine.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Shut up Ugli. I didnt know he is fragile. He could have been bad ass. O well. My new player I am hyping is David Wilson. He is going to the HOF fo sho. Probably going to be the best running back in the league.

When we do our Fantasy Football league next year, you better not pick him. I know you are already thinking about it. Im on to you. He is mine.
    Ya bro, at the time you were hyping Brown, I was hyping Wilson. You're late to the party.

I drafted Wilson in my fantasy league this year. Holler.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ok, fantasy football fanatics. I'm in the first week of my two week championship matchup in a 12 team league. My team is STACKED, but I have some tough choices this week.

I'm starting Doug Martin, CJ Spiller and Victor Cruz for sure, but I need to pick 2 more guys to start out of these...

Randall Cobb- playing against the Bears
    Darren McFadden- plays Chiefs, sprained his ankle at the end of the last game
    Roddy White- plays Giants, hurt his knee and hasn't practiced all week. Game Time decision, hasn't missed a game in his career.
    David Wilson- plays ATL, Bradshaw is out so Wilson is the starter. Tore it up last week.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ok, fantasy football fanatics. I'm in the first week of my two week championship matchup in a 12 team league. My team is STACKED, but I have some tough choices this week.

I'm starting Doug Martin, CJ Spiller and Victor Cruz for sure, but I need to pick 2 more guys to start out of these...

Randall Cobb- playing against the Bears
    Darren McFadden- plays Chiefs, sprained his ankle at the end of the last game
    Roddy White- plays Giants, hurt his knee and hasn't practiced all week. Game Time decision, hasn't missed a game in his career.
    David Wilson- plays ATL, Bradshaw is out so Wilson is the starter. Tore it up last week.
    Your team looks a lot like mine.

I got Cruz, Cobb, Wilson, and Martin.

Its a toss up between Cobb and Wilson, but I am leaning towards Wilson. If you watch the games you can see he is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Cobb is sorta the same way, but he probably wont touch the ball as much.

Edit: oh you need two. Cobb and Wilson if Mcfadden is really hurt. I dont know his status. I think the Giants will dominate the Falcons so I dont know about Roddy White.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Its about time Coughlin started giving the ball to Wilson. He hasnt done anything all year on my team. Last week was bad ass though. Im a game away from playing in the championship in a twelve team league too. Except we play a full defensive roster with coaches, kickers, and punters.

Wilson is starting to come on just at the right time.

I also got JJ Watt and Jason Pierre Paul on my team. Those guys are bad ass defensive fantasy players. Plus I got Brady and the Pats coach. Im 12-1.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ya bro, at the time you were hyping Brown, I was hyping Wilson. You're late to the party.

I drafted Wilson in my fantasy league this year. Holler.
    I was hyping Wilson too but I knew he wasnt going to play right away.

Brown could be bad ass. I really believe that. He just needs carries and he needs to stay healthy. Coughlin stopped using him when Bradshaw got back, then he got hurt.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Your team looks a lot like mine.

I got Cruz, Cobb, Wilson, and Martin.

Its a toss up between Cobb and Wilson, but I am leaning towards Wilson. If you watch the games you can see he is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Cobb is sorta the same way, but he probably wont touch the ball as much.

Edit: oh you need two. Cobb and Wilson if Mcfadden is really hurt. I dont know his status. I think the Giants will dominate the Falcons so I dont know about Roddy White.
    If Roddy wasn't hurt I'd start him without hesitation.

As it is, I'm leaning (in order, gotta start 5 of em)...

Doug Martin
    Victor Cruz
    CJ Spiller
    David Wilson
    Roddy White
    Randall Cobb
    Darren McFadden

Basically I think I'm deciding between Wilson, Roddy, and Cobb. Gotta leave one out.

McFadden could go off too though. Fuuuuuuu
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ya thats a tough decision

Hey UGLI would you consider doing a full team for our league next year? I really think its better. It takes more skill because you have to know a lot about football. The draft becomes way better because it changes how people draft. People have to consider all sorts of positions. Makes it more life like. You just have to set it up right and make defensive players valuable too. You are smart. You could come up with something you like.

Why dont you like defensive players?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ya thats a tough decision

Hey UGLI would you consider doing a full team for our league next year? I really think its better. It takes more skill because you have to know a lot about football. The draft becomes way better because it changes how people draft. People have to consider all sorts of positions. Makes it more life like. You just have to set it up right and make defensive players valuable too. You are smart. You could come up with something you like.

Why dont you like defensive players?
    I don't like defensive players generally because the scoring doesn't always reflect who the best defenders actually are. Also, it seems a little like Kickers in that there is no way of knowing who is actually going to have a good game. Fantasy football in general is very luck driven, but defensive players and kickers seem 10x more luck driven than offensive players.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't like defensive players generally because the scoring doesn't always reflect who the best defenders actually are. Also, it seems a little like Kickers in that there is no way of knowing who is actually going to have a good game. Fantasy football in general is very luck driven, but defensive players and kickers seem 10x more luck driven than offensive players.

I have to disagree. Fantasy defensive players often reflect reality. Sacks, forced fumbles, and interceptions are all huge plays in a game. Defensive scores are huge too. JJ Watt is a major piece on the Texans and his play has a lot to do with how good the Texans are. Similarly in fantasy he can score a lot of points with all the things he does like sacks and batted down passes. There are many more examples too.

As far as kickers go, that takes some skill as well. You have to know who kicks a lot of field goals, and who will be good enough to be in position to score a lot. It just adds another aspect to the draft.

I dont really care for punters but it takes some skill in guessing who punts a lot I guess and which ones are good at pinning the defenses.

Im not really sure what you mean by luck. The only thing I can think of is the example of Darrelle Revis. He is so good that plays never go his way so he doesnt score much. Its not perfect, but neither is the offense. There are flaws in that as well. Fantasy football doesn't know if a running back has good 3rd down pass protection.

Ill let you sleep on it then I will ask again.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have to disagree. Fantasy defensive players often reflect reality. Sacks, forced fumbles, and interceptions are all huge plays in a game. Defensive scores are huge too. JJ Watt is a major piece on the Texans and his play has a lot to do with how good the Texans are. Similarly in fantasy he can score a lot of points with all the things he does like sacks and batted down passes. There are many more examples too.

As far as kickers go, that takes some skill as well. You have to know who kicks a lot of field goals, and who will be good enough to be in position to score a lot. It just adds another aspect to the draft.

I dont really care for punters but it takes some skill in guessing who punts a lot I guess and which ones are good at pinning the defenses.

Im not really sure what you mean by luck. The only thing I can think of is the example of Darrelle Revis. He is so good that plays never go his way so he doesnt score much. Its not perfect, but neither is the offense. There are flaws in that as well. Fantasy football doesn't know if a running back has good 3rd down pass protection.

Ill let you sleep on it then I will ask again.
    I'll have to look into the defensive player thing. I don't really think you get what I'm saying. I'm not saying Defensive players aren't important in football, I'm saying the best defensive players aren't the best fantasy players usually and I think that's dumb.

I would never ever play in a league with punters. That's tarded. In fact I'd lobby against having kickers altogether.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'll have to look into the defensive player thing. I don't really think you get what I'm saying. I'm not saying Defensive players aren't important in football, I'm saying the best defensive players aren't the best fantasy players usually and I think that's dumb.

I would never ever play in a league with punters. That's tarded. In fact I'd lobby against having kickers altogether.

I really wouldnt care about kickers either. But I think that the best defensive can shine if you construct it right. Just think about it. Look at the scoring options.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I really wouldnt care about kickers either. But I think that the best defensive can shine if you construct it right. Just think about it. Look at the scoring options.
    Ya, I'm sure we can come up with something. What would you think about having IDP but no team defense? Or is that what you already do?
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Also, How would you feel about doing a straight up Dynasty? Like, instead of a certain amount of keepers you keep your team every year and develop through the draft, trades, and FA. I think it could work especially if we are doing defenders too.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ya, I'm sure we can come up with something. What would you think about having IDP but no team defense? Or is that what you already do?
    Its all IDP no team defense. We use coaches though. Which is basically going off wins and point differentials. I really like the coaches.