Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Also, How would you feel about doing a straight up Dynasty? Like, instead of a certain amount of keepers you keep your team every year and develop through the draft, trades, and FA. I think it could work especially if we are doing defenders too.
    I would be down, but Im not sure how that would go with people who create bad teams. Do they just quit after the first year. Maybe you could set it up so people pay for 3 years or something. But then again. I guess it might not be that hard to rebuild.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Agree. Start Wilson and Cobb.

I'd be down with a dynasty and think we should have to pay two years up front...50 per so 100...

For me personally though, I am not doing a 10 team draft (teams are too stacked), only 12, and will not do individual players on defense as I've never done that before and am not screwing up my dynasty by not strategically drafting wisely.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    For me personally though, I am not doing a 10 team draft (teams are too stacked), only 12, and will not do individual players on defense as I've never done that before and am not screwing up my dynasty by not strategically drafting wisely.
    I'm in an IDP league (1st place, 12-2 going into the playoffs) and I don't have a single player left on my defense that I drafted at the beginning of the year. IDP leagues are soooo much better than just picking a defense, which is extremely lazy as well, but there's no strategy to drafting defensive players.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fatchipper View Post
    I'm in an IDP league (1st place, 12-2 going into the playoffs) and I don't have a single player left on my defense that I drafted at the beginning of the year. IDP leagues are soooo much better than just picking a defense, which is extremely lazy as well, but there's no strategy to drafting defensive players.
    What? That's wrong. There is a strategy to picking defensive players. It must be your scoring system. You gotta put heavy emphasis on sacks, and interceptions. Those arent lucky categories to fill. The best defensive players get those. Sack and interceptions are huge plays in a game. Then there is forced fumbles, passes batted down,tackles, and tackles for losses. Again, the better players make those things happen. The better defenders definitely stand out if you score it right.

And besides all that, thats how real life is. Sometimes there are lucky plays. Like a defensive score off of a screwy play. Those things have a huge impact on real games. Why not make it more life like? It allows people to build a good team with a dominate defense if they arent the best offensively.

Its way more fun to play with defensive players.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I would be down, but Im not sure how that would go with people who create bad teams. Do they just quit after the first year. Maybe you could set it up so people pay for 3 years or something. But then again. I guess it might not be that hard to rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Agree. Start Wilson and Cobb.

I'd be down with a dynasty and think we should have to pay two years up front...50 per so 100...

Ya, we'd have t have people pay for a few years up front. I think it would have to be 3 years, not just 2 and we would only want very experienced fantasy football players.

I think IDP would be fun if we could figure out a scoring system that could make it work. @Hack, I don't know if I've told you this, but I'm in a league right now that uses IDP and I feel like it adds zero excitement, fun, or strategy to the league. I have JJ Watt on my team also, so it's not like I'm just saying that because I have sucky guys. We can look into it and see if we can figure something out though.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Agreed on the lack of strategy with IDP. I also think team D/ST is dumb in fantasy. I'm in an IDP league right now, but we still have team D/ST as well, which I don't like.

We're putting together a Dynasty league on jazzfanz for next year. You interested?
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What? That's wrong. There is a strategy to picking defensive players. It must be your scoring system. You gotta put heavy emphasis on sacks, and interceptions. Those arent lucky categories to fill. The best defensive players get those. Sack and interceptions are huge plays in a game. Then there is forced fumbles, passes batted down,tackles, and tackles for losses. Again, the better players make those things happen. The better defenders definitely stand out if you score it right.

And besides all that, thats how real life is. Sometimes there are lucky plays. Like a defensive score off of a screwy play. Those things have a huge impact on real games. Why not make it more life like? It allows people to build a good team with a dominate defense if they arent the best offensively.

Its way more fun to play with defensive players.
    Sacks and interceptions are 5 points each and yes they're big plays, but focusing on tackling totals will give you guaranteed points each week. Here was my defensive team on draft day, and my defensive team going into the playoffs...

Draft Day
    Von Miller LB
    James Laurinaitis LB
    Julius Peppers DE
    Nick Barnett LB
    Jason McCourty CB
    Morgan Burnett S
    Ndamukong Suh DT

Today
    Luke Kuechly LB
    Lavonte David LB
    Mario Williams DE
    Anthony Spencer LB
    DeAngelo Hall CB
    Major Wright S
    Geno Atkins DT

As you can see I drafted one of the best DE's, DT's, and CB's in football yet dropped them a few weeks into the season. The remaining players were dropped on bye weeks. Von Miller is also considered one of the best LB's in football, but he's very hit or miss. You'll get 25 points from him one week, and a big fat zero the next. Too inconsistent for me.

Sacks and INT's are important, but I focus on guys that tackle because you get 1 point for a solo tackle and .5 for an assisted tackle. I can guarantee at least 8+ points from all 3 LB's because of their tackle totals.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Agreed on the lack of strategy with IDP. I also think team D/ST is dumb in fantasy. I'm in an IDP league right now, but we still have team D/ST as well, which I don't like.

We're putting together a Dynasty league on jazzfanz for next year. You interested?
    I'm interested, but I'll forget within a month so you'll have to remind me when we get closer.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm interested, but I'll forget within a month so you'll have to remind me when we get closer.
    Cool.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sacks and interceptions are 5 points each and yes they're big plays, but focusing on tackling totals will give you guaranteed points each week. Here was my defensive team on draft day, and my defensive team going into the playoffs...

Draft Day
    Von Miller LB
    James Laurinaitis LB
    Julius Peppers DE
    Nick Barnett LB
    Jason McCourty CB
    Morgan Burnett S
    Ndamukong Suh DT

Today
    Luke Kuechly LB
    Lavonte David LB
    Mario Williams DE
    Anthony Spencer LB
    DeAngelo Hall CB
    Major Wright S
    Geno Atkins DT

As you can see I drafted one of the best DE's, DT's, and CB's in football yet dropped them a few weeks into the season. The remaining players were dropped on bye weeks. Von Miller is also considered one of the best LB's in football, but he's very hit or miss. You'll get 25 points from him one week, and a big fat zero the next. Too inconsistent for me.

Sacks and INT's are important, but I focus on guys that tackle because you get 1 point for a solo tackle and .5 for an assisted tackle. I can guarantee at least 8+ points from all 3 LB's because of their tackle totals.

I think I can see why I am experiencing something different from you and Ugli now. It looks like you arent playing that many defensive players.

This is the way I have always done it so dont scoff or laugh. Its actually pretty cool. I have only been doing this for five years and its just about the only league I have played in. Im guessing not too many leagues are like this.

We play a 40 man roster. 23 starters and 17 bench. It goes like this.

1 QB
    2 RB
    2 WR
    1 RB/WR
    1 TE
    1 WR/TE
    1 Flex

2 DE
    2 DT
    2 CB
    2 S
    3 LB
    1 P
    1 K
    1 Head Coach

Those are your starters

There are limits on how many RB's, Wr's, etc, that you can have on your roster. Every position has a limit. Example 2 HC's, 6 RB's, 2 QB's etc

We generally do a 16 team league so it balanced out and someone cant hoard a bunch of starting QB's. Everyone has 2 Starters.

It's like you are Managing a real NFL roster.

I think what we are experiencing differently on the defensive players is that in your leagues it feels like there isnt a that big of a difference in the defensive players, because there are too many available. Well when you have it set up the way we do, it makes a big difference in who you have because FA isnt loaded with players you could switch in and out without noticing much. Essentially all the starters are taken. This is what makes the draft important when it comes to picking defensive players. All the defensive players you have totaled up makes a big difference. Then when you have big plays like a sack, interception, or defensive score, it makes a big difference. Just like it would in a real game.

I joined a league online one year that was all offense and a lot less players and it just wasnt the same. I didnt enjoy it as much. But I guess that could be I am just so used to doing it like this.

You guys dont have to do it. Im just suggesting it. I love it like this. I like defense and defensive players. I think it adds a lot more intrigue and strategy to the draft which in a lot of ways is my favorite part of fantasy football. If you can find a few studs on defense that can accumulate a lot of sacks, ff, tfl, int, pass deflections, and defensive scores, it can go a long way in how well your team does. Just like in real life. A stout defense in the NFL that forces a lot of turnovers and sacks can make a team really good. The Bears rode that to the Superbowl with a terrible QB just a few years ago.

I realize that would change your whole experience that you are used to. So Im not going to keep pressing. You can do it however you want. Just thought I'd share this. I think people are missing out.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think I can see why I am experiencing something different from you and Ugli now. It looks like you arent playing that many defensive players.

This is the way I have always done it so dont scoff or laugh. Its actually pretty cool. I have only been doing this for five years and its just about the only league I have played in. Im guessing not too many leagues are like this.

We play a 40 man roster. 23 starters and 17 bench. It goes like this.

1 QB
    2 RB
    2 WR
    1 RB/WR
    1 TE
    1 WR/TE
    1 Flex

2 DE
    2 DT
    2 CB
    2 S
    3 LB
    1 P
    1 K
    1 Head Coach

Those are your starters

There are limits on how many RB's, Wr's, etc, that you can have on your roster. Every position has a limit. Example 2 HC's, 6 RB's, 2 QB's etc

We generally do a 16 team league so it balanced out and someone cant hoard a bunch of starting QB's. Everyone has 2 Starters.

It's like you are Managing a real NFL roster.

I think what we are experiencing differently on the defensive players is that in your leagues it feels like there isnt a that big of a difference in the defensive players, because there are too many available. Well when you have it set up the way we do, it makes a big difference in who you have because FA isnt loaded with players you could switch in and out without noticing much. Essentially all the starters are taken. This is what makes the draft important when it comes to picking defensive players. All the defensive players you have totaled up makes a big difference. Then when you have big plays like a sack, interception, or defensive score, it makes a big difference. Just like it would in a real game.

I joined a league online one year that was all offense and a lot less players and it just wasnt the same. I didnt enjoy it as much. But I guess that could be I am just so used to doing it like this.

You guys dont have to do it. Im just suggesting it. I love it like this. I like defense and defensive players. I think it adds a lot more intrigue and strategy to the draft which in a lot of ways is my favorite part of fantasy football. If you can find a few studs on defense that can accumulate a lot of sacks, ff, tfl, int, pass deflections, and defensive scores, it can go a long way in how well your team does. Just like in real life. A stout defense in the NFL that forces a lot of turnovers and sacks can make a team really good. The Bears rode that to the Superbowl with a terrible QB just a few years ago.

I realize that would change your whole experience that you are used to. So Im not going to keep pressing. You can do it however you want. Just thought I'd share this. I think people are missing out.
    That seems pretty nuts. Not sure how I'd feel about having more defensive guys playing than offensive guys, but it would definitely make it more strategic that way. I might be up for it just because I usually play in a few leagues a year, so I might as well try something new instead of another league that's basically the same as I've always done. Definitely worth looking into.

With a league like this it seems like you'd really want to do a dynasty.

Oh, and the only thing I would 100% say no to is Punters. No Effing way. Haha
    #lol

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not paying $150 up front. Already voiced my displeasure with that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Looks like my Giants didnt come to play today. This is how they like it though. They like living on the edge.

@UGLI. Not sure if David Wilson was the best choice. Giants offense really sputtering right now. Who did you go with?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Looks like my Giants didnt come to play today. This is how they like it though. They like living on the edge.

@UGLI. Not sure if David Wilson was the best choice. Giants offense really sputtering right now. Who did you go with?
    Went with Doug Martin, CJ Spiller, Victor Cruz, David Wilson, Randall Cobb

Wilson has 4.6 points so far. Better than any of the other guys I listed.

Giants need to get it together.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kregg freaking Lumpkin???

wtf

I blame you Hack.
    #lol