Niners gave up a chance to be Super Bowl favorites, so they could be a better team down the road.
You crossed the freaking line bigb!!!
You're right about not having anything to bargain with. It would have still been win-win to stick with Smith through the playoffs then Kap has all next season to get acclamated to the offensive personnel and them to him. I just think they shot themselves in the foot this year by making the move they did.
The Doncos aren't gonna lose. The Colts-Texans game should be interesting. Obviously us Pats fans will be pulling for the Colts and a #2 seed.
(first update) Offseason to-do list:
1. Let Mo, Foyeeee3, Al (s&t?), Watson, and Tinsley go.
2. Re-sign Carroll
3. Draft McCollum, Schroeder, and Giannis (leave the latter two in Europe for a year [maybe two years for Giannis]).
4. Sign Tony Allen
5. Try to keep Millsap. If that doesn't work, explore s&t options.
6. Remove Corbin. Hire Brad Stevens or SVG.
7. Sign Calderon to a one-year (2 max) deal, or see if the cash-strapped Lakers will let us absorb Nash's last year.