Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    8489

    Thoughts on Lakers Running the Princeton Offense

    TNT analysts Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal voiced their skepticism of the Lakers' Princeton offense Tuesday, with Barkley saying in a conference call, "I've always said I want my accountants from Princeton, not my offense." A day later, Magic Johnson and Jeff Van Gundy, of ESPN/ABC, were more evenhanded. "I think they're going to combine the Princeton offense with the Santa Clara offense, with the Lower Merion offense," Van Gundy said.

    That was on Hoopshype. I like Van Gundy's take.

  2. #2
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    8489
    Chris Mannix: Talking to scouts in past weeks, concern was Princeton would take the ball out of Nash's hands too much. Saw some of that concern last night Twitter @ChrisMannixSI

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,775
    Rep Power
    47
    Rep Level
    9498
    I believe the Princeton offense is used when there is low talent level generally, am I wrong?
    TREYBOT

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    I believe the Princeton offense is used when there is low talent level generally, am I wrong?
    Makes it much less of a one on one offense, much less post, no iso, just cuts, away screens, and back cuts. It works with good players also, just harder for them to buy into it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,004
    Rep Power
    63
    Rep Level
    12625
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Makes it much less of a one on one offense, much less post, no iso, just cuts, away screens, and back cuts. It works with good players also, just harder for them to buy into it.
    You have to have a coach who can teach it. Mike Brown is historically a ****ty offensive coach, so I don't see him being able to do that.

  6. #6
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    8489
    RT @tomhaberstroh: Last night marked the first time in Kobe's CAREER that he didn't take a free throw or a 3-ptr in a game. (min. 15 mins)

    That's pretty crazy since Kobe has played at least 15 mins many times.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,997
    Rep Power
    35
    Rep Level
    5882
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    You have to have a coach who can teach it. Mike Brown is historically a ****ty offensive coach, so I don't see him being able to do that.
    Isn't Eddie Jordan the supposed mastermind at work here? I'm not sure Mike Brown will ever be able to use him as a fall guy however. The Lakers should have and should still hire some guy named Sloan. He would kill with that team.
    The teacher teaches you; the master does not teach you, he helps you unlearn.

  8. #8
    Premium Member Core4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dante's inferno
    Posts
    14,291
    Rep Power
    99
    Rep Level
    24348
    Nice FT shooting last night from Howard and Hill. Looks like they've been working on it in the off-season with Shaq.

  9. #9
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    8489
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Nice FT shooting last night from Howard and Hill. Looks like they've been working on it in the off-season with Shaq.
    Naw, they took the class from Ben Wallace.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,997
    Rep Power
    35
    Rep Level
    5882





    In Kobe speak, that means he knows it sucks. Why are you being so defensive Kobe Bean?
    The teacher teaches you; the master does not teach you, he helps you unlearn.

  11. #11
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    26
    Rep Level
    4595
    0-3 start for Fakers, got to love it. How long before Brown is fired?
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

  12.  

     

  13. #12
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    8489
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    0-3 start for Fakers, got to love it. How long before Brown is fired?
    I'm skeptical of him even getting to the All-Star break.

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    0
    Princeton offense or whatever it is they're doing, I hope they keep doing it.

  15. #14
    Senior Member Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    21
    Rep Level
    1520
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    You have to have a coach who can teach it. Mike Brown is historically a ****ty offensive coach, so I don't see him being able to do that.
    Prophetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Isn't Eddie Jordan the supposed mastermind at work here? I'm not sure Mike Brown will ever be able to use him as a fall guy however. The Lakers should have and should still hire some guy named Sloan. He would kill with that team.
    Prophetic (I know they haven't hired Sloan, but he's one of the names being mentioned as a fall-back option if Jackson doesn't return).

    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    0-3 start for Fakers, got to love it. How long before Brown is fired?
    Prophetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    In Kobe speak, that means he knows it sucks. Why are you being so defensive Kobe Bean?
    Prophetic. Mamba Death Stare!!

    Well played, gentlemen, well played.
    You've always had a place to watch, now you have a place to ROOT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •