Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Corbin Talks About the Jazz Depth and Getting Guys Minutes

http://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjaz...dressed-today/

Two quotes from Ty:

There will be things we look at for quite a while , what gives us the best chance to win going forward. Combinations may change , we might change the starting lineup here and there, we just want to play, we want the do the best to step forward and play. Everyone is going to get minutes we are a deep team, guys are going to have runs where they are going well and someone is struggling and we change the rotation to help us win.
    We have minutes and how guys are going to respond to and staying focused on the prize of winning games and getting better as a team and when all the other dynamics get into it, about minutes and shots and points and that stuff and outside influences and can we stick together and keep fighting together thorough tough times and if someone is going good and somebody else minutes are struggling or down a little bit staying with it, keep working and fighting through and being ready.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Thanks for getting this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Thanks for getting this up.
    I'm good at getting things up.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm good at getting things up.
    Are you talking about Cy again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Are you talking about Cy again?
    I'll let you use your imagination to answer your question. Or not, it's your call.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Eh. Coach speak and politics. We all know how its REALLY going to go down.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Right. The guys we want to get minutes won't, and the guys we want on the bench will get too many minutes. Note that this will apply regardless of who is playing or sitting on the bench.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I want Foye to play two positions at once. 4 on 5 ftw. Foye for mvp
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I want Foye to play two positions at once. 4 on 5 ftw. Foye for mvp
    you -like- foye? ?? don't get me wrong, he's doing better, but.........

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Right. The guys we want to get minutes won't, and the guys we want on the bench will get too many minutes. Note that this will apply regardless of who is playing or sitting on the bench.
    It almost sounds like you are saying some people in here always bitch no matter what happens. But Im sure you wouldnt be saying that.....

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I thing Ty has his work cut out for him. I do not envy his position but I do not think he is being realistic thinking players and fans are going to like the distribution of minutes. The preseason has been somewhat frustrating because of the lack of playing time for Burks. I certainly think he outplayed Foye. If there was a true competition then Mo, Burks/Hayward, Marvin Williams Kanter and ? would start. The only guys who have clearly played well are Kanter and Marvin Williams. Everyone else had some moments but they were inconsistent and certainly didn't earn playing time.

I think Ty will play the vets regardless of how they play and the young guys (mostly Burks/Kanter/Favors) will have to earn their way again. Last year I wasn't that upset with Ty's rotation except for the Hawks game and not playing Burks and Favors more.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This doesn't apply with me regardless of who is playing or sitting on the bench.

Bring burks in before foye and im happy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    I thing Ty has his work cut out for him. I do not envy his position but I do not think he is being realistic thinking players and fans are going to like the distribution of minutes. The preseason has been somewhat frustrating because of the lack of playing time for Burks. I certainly think he outplayed Foye. If there was a true competition then Mo, Burks/Hayward, Marvin Williams Kanter and ? would start. The only guys who have clearly played well are Kanter and Marvin Williams. Everyone else had some moments but they were inconsistent and certainly didn't earn playing time.

I think Ty will play the vets regardless of how they play and the young guys (mostly Burks/Kanter/Favors) will have to earn their way again. Last year I wasn't that upset with Ty's rotation except for the Hawks game and not playing Burks and Favors more.
    This.

I wish that corbin wouldn't just talk about how guys have to earn thier minutes and instead would actually apply that philosophy.... but like cowhide and countless others have said: Corbin will play mostly vets and wont change rotations based on production.
    Only way we see rotation changes is due to injury or trade.

Its so predictable..... Starters will be Mo, hayward, marvin, millsap and jefferson. (all vets) Tinsley (vet) will come in for Mo, Foye (vet) will come in for hayward, Carroll (older guy who stayed in school 4 years) will come in for marvin, favors and kanter will get backup minutes only because there are no vets left to take thier minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    We know. Roger Braille will get things worked out and Start game 1. He is THE consummate professional.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Earn their way??? Did you not watch what happened last year? Playing hard got nothing for Kanter and Burks; they played hard until they got so frustrated with not getting a minute's more time that they lost their confidence. Corbin never varied from his rotation except when forced to by injury or fouls.