Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Awesome. But does any of it really pertain to F'Al? Probably not.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Earn their way??? Did you not watch what happened last year? Playing hard got nothing for Kanter and Burks; they played hard until they got so frustrated with not getting a minute's more time that they lost their confidence. Corbin never varied from his rotation except when forced to by injury or fouls.
    Over the summer, Kanter has acknowledged that he was getting winded even in the minutes he was getting. Burks may have been playing hard, but he wasn't playing well. Yes, both have to earn their way. Giving players time, in the hopes they might get better, does not sound like a recipe for winning games.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This.

I wish that corbin wouldn't just talk about how guys have to earn thier minutes and instead would actually apply that philosophy.... but like cowhide and countless others have said: Corbin will play mostly vets and wont change rotations based on production.
    Only way we see rotation changes is due to injury or trade.

Its so predictable..... Starters will be Mo, hayward, marvin, millsap and jefferson. (all vets) Tinsley (vet) will come in for Mo, Foye (vet) will come in for hayward, Carroll (older guy who stayed in school 4 years) will come in for marvin, favors and kanter will get backup minutes only because there are no vets left to take thier minutes.
    Burks will take Carroll's minutes. The only concern is whether Ty tries to force Carroll into the lineup for 10 minutes instead of giving him DNP's (and playing him situationally). My guess is Ty intends to try out the Burks/Foye lineup on the second unit. Hopefully staggered. Otherwise I think your lineups are correct.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Burks will take Carroll's minutes. The only concern is whether Ty tries to force Carroll into the lineup for 10 minutes instead of giving him DNP's (and playing him situationally). My guess is Ty intends to try out the Burks/Foye lineup on the second unit. Hopefully staggered. Otherwise I think your lineups are correct.
    I still think it will be tinsley and foye.... not burks and foye.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Rep Level
    22 and 16 with 1.9 TO per 36 on .625 TS% for Kanter this preseason. Retarded.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Rep Level
    ^^^ is amazing

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I still think it will be tinsley and foye.... not burks and foye.
    It's Tinsley, Foye, and Burks. All 3. The only question is whether Ty staggers minutes to limit all 3 being on the floor together. I feel very sure Ty intends to make Tinsley the 2nd unit PG which I wholeheartedly agree with...to start the year.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    It's Tinsley, Foye, and Burks. All 3. The only question is whether Ty staggers minutes to limit all 3 being on the floor together. I feel very sure Ty intends to make Tinsley the 2nd unit PG which I wholeheartedly agree with...to start the year.
    So you agree that tinsley will be the 2nd unit point guard..... which means either burks OR foye is the 2nd unit shooting guard..... so how will it be all 3 like you claim?
    Do you think burks will play small forward?

Rep Level
    Based on what I've seen, Foye should be the odd man out. He probably was an unnecessary pick-up. Too bad he didn't play PG better, then he would be the backup point with spot duty at SG.

Rep Level
    You are a liar Corbin. You are just like George Bush and Barack Obama.

Fooled me again. Ha. Not the next time though.