Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Frankenstorm Set to Hit the East Coast Next Week

http://news.yahoo.com/noaa-east-bewa...171317994.html

Sounds like it could be pretty brutal weather.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Looks like NJ is gonna get hit hard on this one. I lucked out with Hurricane Irene last year; but people within a quarter mile of me had major flood damage and lost electricty for days.

And probably the worst part of all - my DirecTV may be out for The Jazz season opener.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've been calling every Lowe's or Home Depot's in NJ and they're all out of generators. I don't mind losing power but if my sump pump goes, my basement could flood and based on what they're predicting, it could flood terribly. Especially since I live on the cusp of a flood zone. Not cool.

Having said that, as far as insurance goes, should I take pics of what we have in our basement? We have a treadmill and other gym equipment probably totaling around 7K...plus washer, dryer and other storage stuff.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The timing on this is critical: my long-term backup food plan is centered around the candy that my kids are supposed to gather on Halloween.
    ^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I've been calling every Lowe's or Home Depot's in NJ and they're all out of generators. I don't mind losing power but if my sump pump goes, my basement could flood and based on what they're predicting, it could flood terribly. Especially since I live on the cusp of a flood zone. Not cool.

Having said that, as far as insurance goes, should I take pics of what we have in our basement? We have a treadmill and other gym equipment probably totaling around 7K...plus washer, dryer and other storage stuff.
    welcome to NJ home ownership.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

It's not advice that I've followed, but it would probably be a good idea to take pictures around the whole house, just in case.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

I think that's a definite yes. Also, call around to a few building contractors for a generator if all else fails.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I think that's a definite yes. Also, call around to a few building contractors for a generator if all else fails.
    I agree. Take photos of everything of value in your house. Documentation will make getting reimbursement much easier.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Looks like NJ is gonna get hit hard on this one. I lucked out with Hurricane Irene last year; but people within a quarter mile of me had major flood damage and lost electricty for days.

And probably the worst part of all - my DirecTV may be out for The Jazz season opener.
    You have your priorities in the right order. That's exactly what I'd be worried about, no joke.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Get a Honda 2000 generator tomorrow from a motorcycle store. Nice. I am going to take pics of my basement stuff (and around house) as recommended...I don't need to submit them to my insurance company beforehand as any sort of proof, do I?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Get a Honda 2000 generator tomorrow from a motorcycle store. Nice. I am going to take pics of my basement stuff (and around house) as recommended...I don't need to submit them to my insurance company beforehand as any sort of proof, do I?
    I don't think so. It may be a good idea to include the dates in the file names and to save the pictures somewhere online to ensure they wouldn't be lost if your computer or camera get destroyed.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'd check your insurance policy. Most standard policies in NJ don't cover flood damage unless you live in a flood zone - then you're required by law to purchase a separate policy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I just looked at the weather channel and it looks like it's headed towards Washington DC and might wreck a lot of damage....

Ahhh...

That's a shame...
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Seriously though, this storm is HUUUUUGGEEE!

Power outages all over the place (not to mention the flooding) even reaching Chicago and Detroit.

This next week is gonna suck for a lot of people. Prayers and thoughts go out to our brothers on the east coast.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post

This next week is gonna suck for a lot of people. Prayers and thoughts go out to our brothers on the east coast.
    Thanks.

Sexist.
    ^^^this