Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Also, I unexpectedly got power last night around 9pm. A great, great feeling.
    Congrats - seriously.

I'm starting to feel a lot better about the situation now than I did 24-36 hours ago. Alot of my friends got power back yesterday afternoon and evening. Gas lines are still unbelievable. I got a friend from Western PA driving in on Monday and he's bringing 10 gallons of gas with him.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Also, I unexpectedly got power last night around 9pm. A great, great feeling.
    Awesome! How long did you end up going with no power?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Awesome! How long did you end up going with no power?
    Four days and five hours or thereabouts. What made it even greater was that our utility company's website said our town wasn't getting it back until Wednesday, the 7th, so it came totally out of nowhere.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My in-laws and a few other friends on Long Island are still without power and probably will be without power for at least a few more days. I think the lack of heat is the biggest challenge, and no regular phone service - at their age they're not very plugged in to electronics. Their community is back on the grid, but their particular neighborhood was hit hard. We are looking into someplace for them and their caretaker to go until the power is back.
    a blast from the past... http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

This is the last thing we need.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Man, you north-easterners are a bunch of pansies. You get one minor hurricane and a winter storm in back-to-back weeks and you act like the world is ending. Put your big girl panties for ****'s sake.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well, now that we know that everyone on our board seems ok, I want to ask a few questions.

#1 Anyone else look twice at the pictures of Christie and Obama shaking hands and appearing almost "friendly" with one another? After all the crap that dude has flung at Obama? And now, after their love fest, many repubs are criticizing Christie for working with and complimenting Obama. Just a day or so ago I watched Foxnews and they were discussing whether Christie gave Obama an advantage by working so much with him and being so friendly. LOL. Seriously???!!!

#2 Anyone else find it a bit ironic that Christie and his party after years of ranting against the Fed Gov and "handouts" are all of a sudden super grateful for the "federal handouts" they're receiving/will receive now?

Here's what I have to say, let Christie and his party put their money where their mouths are... Refuse ALL federal aid and just let volunteers and charities fix New Jersey.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I can't think you're serious, Thriller. There's a difference between sustained handouts and disaster recovery/relief. I'm not even going to explain any further than that .. because, like I said, you cannot be serious. I don't think it's quite time to be ignoring the hard-ships going on in the NE by making it a partisan issue and analyzing handshakes.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I can't think you're serious, Thriller. There's a difference between sustained handouts and disaster recovery/relief. I'm not even going to explain any further than that .. because, like I said, you cannot be serious. I don't think it's quite time to be ignoring the hard-ships going on in the NE by making it a partisan issue and analyzing handshakes.
    I'm merely reporting what I'm seeing. Just the other day on fox and then on Sunday (on meet the Press I believe) they were talking about this Christie and Obama thing. I'm not the one making it a partisan issue. Talk to the media about that.

As far as the whole disaster relief thing, why not? Why couldn't/shouldn't states, charities, and churches be counted on instead of the fed gov? Set the example that local governments can get the job done just as well, if not better, than the fed gov.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I'm merely reporting what I'm seeing. Just the other day on fox and then on Sunday (on meet the Press I believe) they were talking about this Christie and Obama thing. I'm not the one making it a partisan issue. Talk to the media about that.

As far as the whole disaster relief thing, why not? Why couldn't/shouldn't states, charities, and churches be counted on instead of the fed gov? Set the example that local governments can get the job done just as well, if not better, than the fed gov.
    Fine, allow the states to manage their efforts internally by retaining a more fair stake in the feds take.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Fine, allow the states to manage their efforts internally by retaining a more fair stake in the feds take.
    Definitely worth considering! Think this would be better than the system we have currently in place?
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Definitely worth considering! Think this would be better than the system we have currently in place?
    Yes, I do. However, it's not an all or nothing thing. I am not saying all taxes should go to more localized government, but a much greater share, yes.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't think it's quite time to be ignoring the hard-ships going on in the NE by making it a partisan issue and analyzing handshakes.
    I actually think it's a great statement. There's none a better time to critique politicians, then when we are in hard times.
    PKM, do you actually think that these rich *******'s actually care about the lowly peasants that have been affected by this storm?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Man, you north-easterners are a bunch of pansies. You get one minor hurricane and a winter storm in back-to-back weeks and you act like the world is ending. Put your big girl panties for ****'s sake.
    I hope you're kidding bro.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I actually think it's a great statement. There's none a better time to critique politicians, then when we are in hard times.
    PKM, do you actually think that these rich *******'s actually care about the lowly peasants that have been affected by this storm?
    I think they care about the masses of people, yes. This storm has not cherry-picked the poor and even if I had, yes, I think people care about one another .. at least in times of great hardship.
    #dumptruckin