Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I think they care about the masses of people, yes. This storm has not cherry-picked the poor and even if I had, yes, I think people care about one another .. at least in times of great hardship.
    Well I didn't mean the storm had cherry picked the poor, as most that the storm has affected would be considered peasants by politician standards.
    I agree that people care about one another, but at the same time.... I don't believe that includes high profile politicians.
    IMHO, most politicians that get involved in relief aid here, will be doing it specifically to aid and abed there careers in particular.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Well I didn't mean the storm had cherry picked the poor, as most that the storm has affected would be considered peasants by politician standards.
    I agree that people care about one another, but at the same time.... I don't believe that includes high profile politicians.
    IMHO, most politicians that get involved in relief aid here, will be doing it specifically to aid and abed there careers in particular.
    The stupidity here surpasses anything you've ever demonstrated. Real estate on the water, and PKM can attest to this, is considerably higher than that inland. For instance, here in NJ, many if not most of those homes destroyed or at least flooded terribly by the storm approached or exceeded 1M. Hell, there are hundreds if not thousands of them along our coast in the 2-20M range. Hardly peasants. And it was these coastal areas as well the low-lying ones most devastated by Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    The stupidity here surpasses anything you've ever demonstrated. Real estate on the water, and PKM can attest to this, is considerably higher than that inland. For instance, here in NJ, many if not most of those homes destroyed or at least flooded terribly by the storm approached or exceeded 1M. Hell, there are hundreds if not thousands of them along our coast in the 2-20M range. Hardly peasants. And it was these coastal areas as well the low-lying ones most devastated by Sandy.
    Well I think your stupidity surpasses almost anything I've ever heard here.
    If you don't actually believe that politicians do not use catastrophes to there advantage politically, then you have no idea how politics work.

They're peasants because they don't have the power and influence that someone like the president has.
    And the point is, they could care less about any of these people.
    It's all about furthering their careers for most of them, including the president.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Most politicians are not all that wealthy (at least before they start office). I believe there's some truth in both. I think in times of hardship, most have a legitimate concern for those suffering .. it's also easy to see them being careful with their words and what image they're portraying in front of the camera, especially in an election year.

I think these things would be far more 'pure' if not for there being cameras everywhere and shock journalism being the chosen mode of marketing the news.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Banned
    Well I think your stupidity surpasses almost anything I've ever heard here.
    If you don't actually believe that politicians do not use catastrophes to there advantage politically, then you have no idea how politics work.

They're peasants because they don't have the power and influence that someone like the president has.
    And the point is, they could care less about any of these people.
    It's all about furthering their careers for most of them, including the president.
    Ozzy,

I wasn't referring to their (not "there" as you liked to spell it moran) power or lack thereof. I was referring to the fact that you called them peasants. Millionaires are hardly peasants. And whether these politicians truly give a damn or not really means jack ****. Their actions and how they've dealt with this situation does. But keep trolling.

Signed,
    Someone who doesn't look as if they've been transported from 1984

their (not "there" as you liked to spell it moran)
    moron (not "moran" as you like to spell it dumas)
    I was referring to the fact that you called them peasants. Millionaires are hardly peasants. And whether these politicians truly give a damn or not really means jack ****. Their actions and how they've dealt with this situation does. But keep trolling.
    They are peasants as far as these high profile politicians are concerned, but if you prefer to believe the other..... to each their own.
    Their actions have everything to do with the fact that cameras are always in their faces, and watch everything they do. Just like PKM described.
    Are you sure you're not another franklin alt?

Signed,
    Someone who doesn't look as if they've been transported from 1984
    Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd be the winner of a fashion contest between us..... meanwhile I'm in the back sipping a 5th of Gentlemen Jack with the female presenters.
    Feel free to piss and moan, as I've only seen myself and dalamon ever post pics of ourselves around here.

They are peasants as far as these high profile politicians are concerned, but if you prefer to believe the other..... to each their own.
    Their actions have everything to do with the fact that cameras are always in their faces, and watch everything they do. Just like PKM described.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd be the winner of a fashion contest between us..... meanwhile I'm in the back sipping a 5th of Gentlemen Jack with the female presenters.
    Feel free to piss and moan, as I've only seen myself and dalamon ever post pics of ourselves around here.
    I've posted pics of myself more than once, my wife, one of my daughters .. hell, I even posted pics of cake pops.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

So, how bad is the damage? I'm leaving to New York in less than a month. :/

Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    So, how bad is the damage? I'm leaving to New York in less than a month. :/
    I'll leave the updates to Candrew, Wes, and anyone else living in the area. The damage was quite obviously massive in scope. I'm only guessing that a month from now things will be back to normal (other than cosmetically).
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I've posted pics of myself more than once, my wife, one of my daughters .. hell, I even posted pics of cake pops.
    I did see your wife and your cake pops lol. I may have jumped the gun a little, as I'm sure a few others have as well.

I haven't been anywhere except work, home and the gym since the storm hit.

You probably know as much about the condition of NYC as I do.

I will say a Power Company from Missouri is working on the telephone poles in the business park I work in. And yesterday I saw an Ohio Edison truck working on some power lines near my house - so I think everything that could be done right now is being done.

Banned
    Remain clueless. Moran.

They are peasants as far as these high profile politicians are concerned, but if you prefer to believe the other..... to each their own. Their actions have everything to do with the fact that cameras are always in their faces, and watch everything they do. Just like PKM described.
    Not only do we turn our noses to modern science but we are now psychic as well. Good to know. But hey, you're right, these politicians don't give a ****. They're only flying all over the place to assess the situation and talk to the people. They're only doing everything they can to get as much money and charity as possible to help expedite the the rebuilding and healing process...or as quickly as the insurance companies will allow anyway. Ya know, they're only doing their job. And this is coming from someone who loathes Christie.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you'd be the winner of a fashion contest between us..... meanwhile I'm in the back sipping a 5th of Gentlemen Jack with the female presenters. Feel free to piss and moan, as I've only seen myself and dalamon ever post pics of ourselves around here.
    Who's pissing and moaning? I'm relishing the idea that you actually find it a good idea to not only post a pic of yourself on this site but do so looking like an unemployed meth addict who can't figure out why he can't get a job. Keep at it though bro. If that's what mom allows under her roof.

I hope you're kidding bro.
    My sarcasm didn't come through huh?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    My sarcasm didn't come through huh?
    Not for me it didn't.

Who's pissing and moaning? I'm relishing the idea that you actually find it a good idea to not only post a pic of yourself on this site but do so looking like an unemployed meth addict who can't figure out why he can't get a job. Keep at it though bro. If that's what mom allows under her roof.
    Why wouldn't it be chill to post a pic of yourself? Screw avatars, I am who I am.
    Unemployed meth addict? Mom?
    I'm a manager at a retail store, and I have two kids. Smart guy ;-)

I'm actually relishing the fact that you prefer to make up stories in your head about who people may or may not be, in order to restore your cute little ego.

Next time please insert a bunch of *******...... ******........ ****** and *****'s next time, so I can take you a little more seriously.