Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 227

Thread: AK watch

  1. #1
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,474
    Rep Power
    20

    AK watch

    I think AK will thrive under Adelman. Haters will hate forever but I expect great season from him. Look at even today's game on the road vs Bucks - 8pts, 10reb, 4ast, 6stl, 1blk in 26 min only. 5x5 is coming back!
    "People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

  2.  

     

  3. #2
    BF Leauge CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,716
    Rep Power
    37
    Good thread. It'll be fun seeing how AK does this year. I think he'll do very well.
    Buckle Up Jazz

    Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

    1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    20
    I Loved AK in the first couple of years after Stockton and Malone were done. After Deron and Booz showed up it seemed like AK was a lost peace. AK was always one of may favorite players to watch and I hope that he has a great season and can get back to playing the way he did back in those early years for us and when he plays for his national team. Except for the 4 games he plays against the Jazz that is.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm not sure what will cause AK's inevitable failure this season.

    Will it be when he gets injured? You can almost count on him getting injured at some point.

    Or will it be when he becomes disinterested because the offense doesn't involve him enough? When Love, Rubio, and Roy are clicking at full strength, with a bit of Williams mixed in, AK will almost certainly be an after thought. If he was complaining about his role in Utah, he is really going to hate it in Minnesota.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Chad Feldheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,216
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    I'm not sure what will cause AK's inevitable failure this season.

    Will it be when he gets injured? You can almost count on him getting injured at some point.

    Or will it be when he becomes disinterested because the offense doesn't involve him enough? When Love, Rubio, and Roy are clicking at full strength, with a bit of Williams mixed in, AK will almost certainly be an after thought. If he was complaining about his role in Utah, he is really going to hate it in Minnesota.
    Nah he will love it. He got his 10 million a year. That's all he is interested in.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Nah he will love it. He got his 10 million a year. That's all he is interested in.
    He was making way more than that in Utah.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,550
    Rep Power
    30
    I don't think AK will veer much from his career stats this year. Maybe a little more production than usual before some of their injured players get back.

    I'm going to be looking at T-Wolve boxscores every morning though, but hopefully the Jazz are good enough that I won't have any desires to watch too many Minny games in and of themselves even though they probably are my second favorite team right now because I like watching Rubio and like AK. Although, I wouldn't even want to watch any of these early games with Barea/Ridnour running the show.
    How can he have wisdom whose talk is of bollocks?

  9. #8
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    8,694
    Rep Power
    40
    Will AK all of a sudden not be injury prone?

    Will AK all of a sudden develop shooting range?

    Will AK all of a sudden add an offensive move (not just that spin into the key yelling, "AIIII" while losing the ball and asking for a foul)?

    If not, then I wouldn't expect him to average more than 8-10 pts per game and 4 rbs while missing 1/4 of the season to various aliments. He might sometimes have some highlight blocks. But for every block there will be 3-5 times where his gambles lead to easy looks for his man.

    Quite honestly, teams just don't have to defend him. Opposing defenses love it when guys like Brewer and AK play. That means they can cheat off those guys to focus on the real stars. It was amazing how good we were despite playing 3 on 5 most of the time on offense and playing Boozer as our primary big man. Damn Sloan was good.
    Corbin sucks.

  10. #9
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,474
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Will AK all of a sudden not be injury prone?

    Will AK all of a sudden develop shooting range?

    Will AK all of a sudden add an offensive move (not just that spin into the key yelling, "AIIII" while losing the ball and asking for a foul)?

    If not, then I wouldn't expect him to average more than 8-10 pts per game and 4 rbs while missing 1/4 of the season to various aliments. He might sometimes have some highlight blocks. But for every block there will be 3-5 times where his gambles lead to easy looks for his man.

    Quite honestly, teams just don't have to defend him. Opposing defenses love it when guys like Brewer and AK play. That means they can cheat off those guys to focus on the real stars. It was amazing how good we were despite playing 3 on 5 most of the time on offense and playing Boozer as our primary big man. Damn Sloan was good.
    Just when I thought I saw it all comes this newest absurd from Thriller. Can't wait to see what you say after AK is back to his usual 5x5 self under Adelman. Sloan sucked as coach since NBA allowed zone defense and was constantly outcoached by Pop,Jackson and others who knew how to utilize three ball and wing play, thankfully he is retired and we do not need to worry about him anymore. Oddly enough he did his best coaching job when he deviated from his PG to PF dominated offense in 2004 ( led by AK ). To bad he had no guts/brains to continue with something new and fresh and needed to recreate his Stockton to Malone clone with DWill and Boozer. Somehow no other NBA team offered him the job... GM's must know how outdated Sloan is and his losing playoff record speaks for itself.
    "People do not want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche.

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Just when I thought I saw it all comes this newest absurd from Thriller. Can't wait to see what you say after AK is back to his usual 5x5 self under Adelman. Sloan sucked as coach since NBA allowed zone defense and was constantly outcoached by Pop,Jackson and others who knew how to utilize three ball and wing play, thankfully he is retired and we do not need to worry about him anymore. Oddly enough he did his best coaching job when he deviated from his PG to PF dominated offense in 2004 ( led by AK ). To bad he had no guts/brains to continue with something new and fresh and needed to recreate his Stockton to Malone clone with DWill and Boozer. Somehow no other NBA team offered him the job... GM's must know how outdated Sloan is and his losing playoff record speaks for itself.
    AK: The only player in pro sports' history whose underachievement can be blamed on a coach.

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    0


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,239
    Rep Power
    38
    Who is AK?

  14. #13
    BF Leauge CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,716
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Just when I thought I saw it all comes this newest absurd from Thriller. Can't wait to see what you say after AK is back to his usual 5x5 self under Adelman. Sloan sucked as coach since NBA allowed zone defense and was constantly outcoached by Pop,Jackson and others who knew how to utilize three ball and wing play, thankfully he is retired and we do not need to worry about him anymore. Oddly enough he did his best coaching job when he deviated from his PG to PF dominated offense in 2004 ( led by AK ). To bad he had no guts/brains to continue with something new and fresh and needed to recreate his Stockton to Malone clone with DWill and Boozer. Somehow no other NBA team offered him the job... GM's must know how outdated Sloan is and his losing playoff record speaks for itself.
    Sloan has been interviewed for a couple of jobs before withdrawing from consideration. I think he's earned the right to be picky about what head coaching job he wants, if any.
    Buckle Up Jazz

    Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

    1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

  15. #14
    BF Leauge CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Freakin' In!
    Posts
    10,716
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    Who is AK?
    Adam Keefe? Oh wait, he's retired.
    Ditto for Arvesta Kelly, Alec Kessler, Albert King, Andy Kostecka, and Arvid Kramer.

    I'm stumped.
    Buckle Up Jazz

    Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

    1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

  16. #15
    Senior Member Core4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edge of insanity
    Posts
    11,763
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Will AK all of a sudden add an offensive move (not just that spin into the key yelling, "AIIII" while losing the ball and asking for a foul)?
    That move has been trademarked: it's called the "Spastic Octopus."
    JUST LOSE BABY!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •