Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AK watch

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post

It's funny that all the AK lovers (not you specifically) are saying Sloan's best coaching was when he key AK be himself that one season.

Reality is, the Jazz were barely .500 and missed the playoffs that year. I knew it's easy to look back on the Stockton to Malone years and say it was all them, but the reality is the Jazz were never the favorites with Stockton and Malone. They were old, and every year the media said it was finally the year they would fail due to age. Yet every year, the Jazz exceeded expectations. Even in the finals years, the Jazz were supposed to suck before the season began, and then supposed to lose in the playoffs.
    As to that being the best coaching job by Sloan, it might have been.

They had nobody. AK was their best player, that should tell you a lot. Can you name very many of the starters on that team let alone the other players and tell me with a straight face they were talented enough to play .500 ball? At least with the statues you expected a decent record.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "Kirilenko is really the godsend of this free agent class. He understands how to play the game and can execute. While he may never take over a game scoring wise, he can potentially dominate everywhere else."
    Wolves blogger after today's win.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If not spectacular, AK was solid in his regular season Twolves debut: 10 points on 4-7 FGs and 2-3 FTs, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block, and 2 TO's in 31 minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Minnesota's 2 best players missed the game. We'll see how AK does when they get back and he's the 5th option.

Maybe they'll stay out long enough to where it's not an issue (doubtful).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Minnesota's 2 best players missed the game. We'll see how AK does when they get back and he's the 5th option.

Maybe they'll stay out long enough to where it's not an issue (doubtful).
    Sorry but you have no clue. He will never be 5th option.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Sorry but you have no clue. He will never be 5th option.
    Lol, he is already behind Roy and Williams. You think he will be ahead of Rubio or Love when they're healthy?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lol, he is already behind Roy and Williams. You think he will be ahead of Rubio or Love when they're healthy?
    Lol, you obviously did not watch the game so I see no reason arguing with you.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    If not spectacular, AK was solid in his regular season Twolves debut: 10 points on 4-7 FGs and 2-3 FTs, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block, and 2 TO's in 31 minutes.
    Definitely solid.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Premium Member
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Where this obsession with option number is coming from? I have no problems if my fifth option ends up with five-by-five and is paid $10mil p.a.
    Attempts to establish direct connection between salary, ppg and option number on offensive end reveals basketball ignorance.
    Do you guys realize that there are plenty of offences out there where you don't have such thing as option number what so ever?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Watched it. A solid C game from AK, did some good stuff that didn't show up in boxscore, did some asinine stuff that also didn't show up.

Wasn't the first option on offense, certainly, but was given a chance to work with the ball in his hands every few trips down. Already clear that he's considered a more important part of this team than he was last few years in Utah.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm rooting for AK to do well. Glad he's getting a chance. I actually think he'd be a really good fit on our current team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    AK with 10 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, and 3 blocks in the first quarter.

I'm giddy.

Also, Derrick Williams is terrible.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    AK with 10 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, and 3 blocks in the first quarter.

I'm giddy.

Also, Derrick Williams is terrible.
    Wow, sounds like AK47 that we used to know. Im watching it...

Edit: Lowry is one of the most underrated player of the NBA. He did what had Lin did half season for 3 years at Houston, but now he got the cheaper contract. Steal for Raptors, a reason to headdesk for Rockets and they will see it more clearly after Harden era ends. Imagine Lowry at the current Rockets.
    Last edited by CitizenofCapua; 11-04-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Prediction on MIN-TOR game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Little bit of a Jekyll/Hyde game (disappeared for most of second quarter, some big defensive gaffes). Timberwolves are going to just have to tread water for next month. With Barea down, they're a very young team, and Roy has looked as bad as some feared tonight.

Also, Shved might suck at the NBA.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    With the end of the 3rd qtr:
    AK: 17 points 3 block, 6 rebound, 3 assist. (impressive)
    Lowry: 22 points with 9 shot 6 rebound, 5 assist, 3 steal, 2 to. (very impressive)
    Valancuinas was raw at offense but well, who cares he`s young and getting pt, Kanter must be jelaous.