Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: AK watch

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    They're attacking AK because they hate him, hate he didn't live up to his potential, hate that he cried, hate that he had a public feud with Jerry about his role, hate that he became injury prone, hate that he wasn't as good as Stockton or Malone, hate him because he was AK and not what they wanted him to be, just like the old story about JC Superstar, whom the Jews hated because he wasn't what they expected him to be.
    Worst. Comparison. Ever.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    AKMVP do you think that AK did more harm then good or more good then harm for the Jazz?
    Where he harmed them is when he was injured and was not playing. Jazz were simply better team with him then without him.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    And yet you can't see history repeating when Love and Rubio get back...
    It is way different. Adelman will use AK to his strength even with Love and Rubio. Plus AK is more mature, smarter, will he know how to fit in better - just read all his interviews after joining Wolves. Lets look back at 2007 when Sloan relegated him to 5th option - just think about it, just year or two ago you were called face of franchise, leading league in blocks, NBA all defensive team, respect from whole league and peers, basically your career just reaching the peak and suddenly your FG drops in half, you get no ball on offense, no plays are run for you, your PG passes to Brewer or anybody else on fast breaks but you and all your coach is asking from you is to clear space for PG and PF dominated offense with occasional mix of Okur's pick and pop 3 pointers. Even on defense you put in position to chase guards on perimeter which is again not your strength. Rare young star player would have idea how to react to it properly, thus all that drama in 2007 resulting in crying in playoffs.
    This time there will be no crying. AK made very smart choice and is in great position to succeed. Just watch him play, totally different person, he is happy and having fun. I have not seen that in his NBA games since 2006.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Numerous? I'll give him 1.5 for sure. Starting in 2005-06 it was either somewhat debatable (2005-06) or he simply wasn't the MVP of the team.
    Check 82games.com all seasons he played for the Jazz. He was in top 3 based on Roland rating ( which is basically telling you who was most valuable player on the team during season) in 9 seasons from 10 with lonely exception in 2007 ( where he was still nr 4) for reasons we discussed numerous times already.

2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2008-2009 ranked first, 2007-2008, 2009-2010, 2010-2010 ranked second. Check just few examples.

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809UTA.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/0506/0506UTA.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/0405UTA.HTM

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How many games did AK start in 2009 again?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    I'm rooting for the next post in this thread to be at the end of the regular season, right before AK takes his European tour.
    Then we can look at his completed stats all at once, and discuss it.

Please, make this happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    classic ignorant dumbass response. He is MVP of Eurochampionship 2007 and Euroleague 2011, just FIY. And he was MVP of the Jazz for numerous years.
    AKMVP do you think that AK did more harm then good or more good then harm for the Jazz?
    Numerous? I'll give him 1.5 for sure. Starting in 2005-06 it was either somewhat debatable (2005-06) or he simply wasn't the MVP of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    AK had some decent seasons on some bad Jazz teams. His contract handcuffed the Jazz for years. Not really his fault. I mean who wouldn't have taken that deal. Besides when the Jazz got DWill, Boozer & Okur, AK became an afterthought.

He actually might fit in pretty well in Minnesota. I still think they overpaid for him though.
    Ad Hominem attack, another logical fallacy by the dimwitted and nitwitted AK haters
    Why are you so blind, Chad. We argued for years about who was more valuable, AK or Boozer, and all the stats showed that it was AK. And this was with AK barely part of the offense and even being left on the bench by Jerry in favor of Harpring. AK's value has always been overlooked because he's not a big scorer, and when Boozer and Okur came aboard, both of whom are better shooters, AK's numbers went down and he became less a part of the team. This hurt his psyche and brought a decline of his play. I don't want to rehash this all over again. The dense dunces on this site are impossible to enlighten.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    And yet you can't see history repeating when Love and Rubio get back...
    People do not know what Ad Hominem means. If you insult someone it isn't automatically Ad Hominem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Yeah it's too bad the Jazz signed him or he could have had some great season leading a doormat nowhere.
    They're attacking AK because they hate him, hate he didn't live up to his potential, hate that he cried, hate that he had a public feud with Jerry about his role, hate that he became injury prone, hate that he wasn't as good as Stockton or Malone, hate him because he was AK and not what they wanted him to be, just like the old story about JC Superstar, whom the Jews hated because he wasn't what they expected him to be.
    Worst. Comparison. Ever.

Where he harmed them is when he was injured and was not playing. Jazz were simply better team with him then without him.
    It is way different. Adelman will use AK to his strength even with Love and Rubio. Plus AK is more mature, smarter, will he know how to fit in better - just read all his interviews after joining Wolves. Lets look back at 2007 when Sloan relegated him to 5th option - just think about it, just year or two ago you were called face of franchise, leading league in blocks, NBA all defensive team, respect from whole league and peers, basically your career just reaching the peak and suddenly your FG drops in half, you get no ball on offense, no plays are run for you, your PG passes to Brewer or anybody else on fast breaks but you and all your coach is asking from you is to clear space for PG and PF dominated offense with occasional mix of Okur's pick and pop 3 pointers. Even on defense you put in position to chase guards on perimeter which is again not your strength. Rare young star player would have idea how to react to it properly, thus all that drama in 2007 resulting in crying in playoffs.
    This time there will be no crying. AK made very smart choice and is in great position to succeed. Just watch him play, totally different person, he is happy and having fun. I have not seen that in his NBA games since 2006.
    Check 82games.com all seasons he played for the Jazz. He was in top 3 based on Roland rating ( which is basically telling you who was most valuable player on the team during season) in 9 seasons from 10 with lonely exception in 2007 ( where he was still nr 4) for reasons we discussed numerous times already.

2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2008-2009 ranked first, 2007-2008, 2009-2010, 2010-2010 ranked second. Check just few examples.

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809UTA.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/0506/0506UTA.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/0405UTA.HTM
    You almost got your wish JazzSpazz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    How many games did AK start in 2009 again?
    what starting has to do with being valuable to the team? How many games Ginobili started for Spurs?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So should I start a thread that's just going to track what he does this season so we can discuss that? I could call it "AK Watch" or something.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    So should I start a thread that's just going to track what he does this season so we can discuss that? I could call it "AK Watch" or something.
    Give the thread a chance -- there's still hope. No one has mentioned the "free pass" yet, which will be your sign that the thread integrity has been irreversibly breached.
    ^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ad Hominem attack, another logical fallacy by the dimwitted and nitwitted AK haters
    No, that's just a petty insult. An ad hominem attack is when you insult the speaker (not the object being spoken about), and also imply that the speaker is wrong because of the truth of that insult.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bordelais7 View Post
    Give the thread a chance -- there's still hope. No one has mentioned the "free pass" yet, which will be your sign that the thread integrity has been irreversibly breached.
    PLease. TheBlackSwordsman and One Brow have both posted in this thread. Any hope for integrity is gone.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    PLease. TheBlackSwordsman and One Brow have both posted in this thread. Any hope for integrity is gone.
    Why haven't you heard? One Brow is "all knowing".
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    *sigh*

Look, there's plenty of evidence to show that AK was underutilized under Sloan. A simple FGA/Gm tracking shows that.

There's also plenty of evidence to show that AK checked out by the end of his career in Utah. There are too many reports of him being the first out the door after a game or planning vacations to ignore, in addition to watching effort and body language in the last two seasons. He shouldn't be defended for that.

The only real debate that watching AK in Minnesota can even help solve is whether he actually was worth anything by the end of his contract if used more effectively. Admittedly, circumstances are different, but if he crashes and burns in Minnesota, think that would suggest that Utah stopped using him because it wasn't worth it. If vice versa, then there were other factors at play.

Personally, don't give a ****. He's a joy to watch play when he's playing well, and so far, he's doing so. And I suspect he'll be even better when Rubio gets back.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    *sigh*

Look, there's plenty of evidence to show that AK was underutilized under Sloan. A simple FGA/Gm tracking shows that.

There's also plenty of evidence to show that AK checked out by the end of his career in Utah. There are too many reports of him being the first out the door after a game or planning vacations to ignore, in addition to watching effort and body language in the last two seasons. He shouldn't be defended for that.

The only real debate that watching AK in Minnesota can even help solve is whether he actually was worth anything by the end of his contract if used more effectively. Admittedly, circumstances are different, but if he crashes and burns in Minnesota, think that would suggest that Utah stopped using him because it wasn't worth it. If vice versa, then there were other factors at play.

Personally, don't give a ****. He's a joy to watch play when he's playing well, and so far, he's doing so. And I suspect he'll be even better when Rubio gets back.
    Kind of moody today? That's ok, I'll give you a "free pass".

vvv this
    ^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You almost got your wish JazzSpazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bordelais7 View Post
    I'm very disappointed right now.

Okay, we covered the whole crying, Sloan didn't use him right, Tattoo, free pass topics.

Can we just stomp out the flaming bag of poo on the porch and get on with the cleanup?
    TREYBOT