Thread: AK watch

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pearl View Post
    Harpring sucks.
    The last recorded conversation between the two:

http://harpringsucks.blogspot.com/20...z-edition.html
    ^^^this

Rep Level
    I watched most of the Perfect Strangers series over the summer. It's sad how close I got with that.

I have such mixed emotions about the time I spent working on HarpringSucks posts.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    I watched most of the Perfect Strangers series over the summer. It's sad how close I got with that.

I have such mixed emotions about the time I spent working on HarpringSucks posts.
    [cue sentimental saxophone music] It'll be ok, Tater. It doesn't matter what came of it, as long as YOU became better FOR it.
    ^^^this

Rep Level
    [laughter]
    ^^^this

Rep Level
    I forgot about Tater's graphical representation of the MLA and YB's epic pic of a half naked Wally Szerbiak. Seriously, this blog is even more brilliant the second time reading it.

Rep Level
    I wish the IJSPD Flow Chart still worked. Perhaps my favorite kicky thing ever.

Rep Level
    I wish the IJSPD Flow Chart still worked. Perhaps my favorite kicky thing ever.
    Works for me...

playoff edition:

Not to toot our own horn, but we WERE pretty awesome. Possibly the most fun I've had on the internet. Clothed.
    ^^^this

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bordelais7 View Post
    Works for me...

playoff edition:

Not to toot our own horn, but we WERE pretty awesome. Possibly the most fun I've had on the internet. Clothed.
    wow, briliant!
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

Rep Level
    True colors are starting to come out, both for the team as a whole and for individual players.

AK was best player on court again (18/6/0/0/4), but again had multiple teammates blow easy layups for assists. Even worse, he scored 11 points on perfect shooting in the first quarter and then got to watch Williams and Ridnour jack up off-balance jumpers for two quarters before he got to shoot again. Seriously, Williams had his best game of the season and he was still one of the worst players I've ever seen, Non-Harpring Division.

Josh Howard also shot the ball ten times in fourteen minutes.

My stomach hurts.

Rep Level
    True colors are starting to come out, both for the team as a whole and for individual players.

AK was best player on court again (18/6/0/0/4), but again had multiple teammates blow easy layups for assists. Even worse, he scored 11 points on perfect shooting in the first quarter and then got to watch Williams and Ridnour jack up off-balance jumpers for two quarters before he got to shoot again. Seriously, Williams had his best game of the season and he was still one of the worst players I've ever seen, Non-Harpring Division.

Josh Howard also shot the ball ten times in fourteen minutes.

My stomach hurts.
    Yet they still were within 4pts with 35seconds left. They got killed in the paint. Lack of Pekovic was very evident today. Again, nobody expected Minny to be better then Jazz at this point without Love and Rubio. No Barea, Budinger and Roy? Folks here would have predicted 0-10 start. But they have winning record. Shved may seriously challenge Lillard for rookie of the year if he keeps playing like that.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history. Remember me.

Rep Level
    AK was best player on court again (18/6/0/0/4),
    I'm just trying to understand how 18/6/0/0/4 is better than 23/7/2/0/4 from one of his teammates and 22/3/7/0/1 from another.

I get the love and all, but what was it that made someone that had a more efficient night not better that night? It's not about pretty. I will take 50% shooting and those stats every night from anyone no matter how ugly it is. They even had the same number of turnovers. I guess I'm curious if there are good reasons why Williams is crap when he performs like that, and AK is a hero.
    TREYBOT

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    I'm just trying to understand how 18/6/0/0/4 is better than 23/7/2/0/4 from one of his teammates and 22/3/7/0/1 from another.
    Shved is arguable and possibly a better selection. His defense is still incredibly suspect, and he started taking some terrible off-balance jumpers in the fourth quarter during the attempted comeback, but for a rookie it was still a good to great performance.

With Williams, the big argument would be whether his defense was as good as AK's in this game. I would say no, but it's arguable. On offense, the only difference was that he made two or three more bad shots this game than usual. He's a **** passer and a black hole, and in the second half, his inability to decide when/if to shoot was a significant detriment. Sure, he scored five more points, but on seven more shots. And he fumbled away at least two AK passes for easy layups, which were part of his turnovers.

*shrug* Might be fanboyism on that one, but Williams just doesn't pass the eyeball test for me.

Rep Level
    Shved is arguable and possibly a better selection. His defense is still incredibly suspect, and he started taking some terrible off-balance jumpers in the fourth quarter during the attempted comeback, but for a rookie it was still a good to great performance.

With Williams, the big argument would be whether his defense was as good as AK's in this game. I would say no, but it's arguable. On offense, the only difference was that he made two or three more bad shots this game than usual. He's a **** passer and a black hole, and in the second half, his inability to decide when/if to shoot was a significant detriment. Sure, he scored five more points, but on seven more shots. And he fumbled away at least two AK passes for easy layups, which were part of his turnovers.

*shrug* Might be fanboyism on that one, but Williams just doesn't pass the eyeball test for me.
    It's possible, I don't live and die by stats because they don't tell the whole story. I know when AK is playing well he really helps the team a ton. I didn't watch the game, so I will take your word for it.

On the off balance shots, I would have to see them. I see Wade, Lebron, Kobe etc... take fadeaway, off balance shots all the time that don't even touch rim. It just depends on if that is a shot they have practiced to create space, or if it's just him chucking and getting lucky.

Thanks for the answer.
    TREYBOT

Rep Level
    For full disclosure, Derrick Williams is my least favorite kind of player, the kind that will keep shooting no matter what the situation or how well he's doing. Add in a very low basketball IQ and bleh.

So, take anything I say about him with a grain of salt, I reckon.

Rep Level
    For full disclosure, Derrick Williams is my least favorite kind of player, the kind that will keep shooting no matter what the situation or how well he's doing. Add in a very low basketball IQ and bleh.

So, take anything I say about him with a grain of salt, I reckon.
    You just don't like him because he is black. Admit it!
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.