Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So Harden really gave up staying on one of the best 3 teams in the NBA(at least for the next couple of years) to get a 60m/4y deal as opposed to a 55M/4y deal. Seems crazy to me. I guess that extra 5 million was worth giving up a chance at a title.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    So Harden really gave up staying on one of the best 3 teams in the NBA(at least for the next couple of years) to get a 60m/4y deal as opposed to a 55M/4y deal. Seems crazy to me. I guess that extra 5 million was worth giving up a chance at a title.
    He could get a fifth year with Houston, but it still seems crazy to me why he turned down OKC's last offer.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I might be wrong but maybe him not willing to take less has something to do with how much he would make on his contract after this upcoming one. Maybe if he only takes the 55 mil, maybe that means his next contract couldnt be as much as it would if he would have got the 60. I think it has to do with your raise can only be so much. So it could mean more than 5 mil to him. And 5 mil is still a lot of money. Id take the money too.

Anyways, im not sure. I could have just made that up, but I thought I have heard something about that before.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I might be wrong but maybe him not willing to take less has something to do with how much he would make on his contract after this upcoming one. Maybe if he only takes the 55 mil, maybe that means his next contract couldnt be as much as it would if he would have got the 60. I think it has to do with your raise can only be so much. So it could mean more than 5 mil to him. And 5 mil is still a lot of money. Id take the money too.

Anyways, im not sure. I could have just made that up, but I thought I have heard something about that before.
    I think you're wrong on this one. The max contract you can get essentially depends on years of service and what figure the salary cap is set at. Annual raises as laid out by the CBA only apply from year to year within the same contract. I read that Harden really wanted to get a 5-year deal which was absolutely impossible for OKC to offer under the CBA. That could be part of why he turned down OKC's final offer.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bill Simmons' take on the Harden trade:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...arden-disaster

He raises some good points, like the Thunder not giving Harden a trade kicker, trading Harden to keep making money rather than to not lose money, and throwing in good examples that show why we should think twice about calling Harden greedy for not giving the Thunder a discount.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bill Simmons is the man.
    #BringBackUGLI

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would have taken the extra 25 million too.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jesus Christ his stat line from his 1st game with the Rockets. That is with being with the team for what, 4 days?
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Jesus Christ his stat line from his 1st game with the Rockets. That is with being with the team for what, 4 days?
    I can't wait for another Jazzfanz/Clutchfanz playoff series. It's been too long.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    saw this somewhere:

LOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRoach0 View Post
    I can't wait for another Jazzfanz/Clutzfanz playoff series. It's been too long.
    Fixed.